PDA

View Full Version : Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates have ended their partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Wyliefan
06-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Watching skating this season is going to be like attending a party in one of Edith Wharton's later novels, where everyone is divorced and remarried to new people.

mia joy
06-29-2011, 02:43 PM
oh, the drama.

However, Igor has done this before, it's not a stretch to think he's done it again.

what did he do again? I mean, what exactly did he do, for I don't recall.

Paul Poirer is free too but I bet neither CAN nor US would be willing to release them.

yeah, never gonna happen. Too bad they represent 2 of the most powerful ice dance countries at the moment, I believe this partnership could have been a hit.

Anyways, is Chock/Bates officially confirmed? (cannot believe that, like many say, Madison is lovely but she has nothing on Emily in terms of skating)

Cheylana
06-29-2011, 02:45 PM
:wuzrobbed

Sylvia
06-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Anyways, is Chock/Bates officially confirmed?
Not officially confirmed by USFS (and no direct quotes) - it was mentioned in today's Detroit Free Press article (link was posted on the previous page of this thread).

TanithandBenFan
06-29-2011, 02:47 PM
cue more endless dissing of Madison Chock's skating. :rolleyes:

:( I fear you are right. And she doesn't deserve it because she is a very talented dancer. I wanted Madi with Keiffer. I thought they would have a really nice sophisticated look.

Cheylana
06-29-2011, 02:48 PM
I too like Madison Chock. But I really hate the splitting up of two very good teams in favorable of a new, unproven team. :(

cruisin
06-29-2011, 02:50 PM
oh, the drama.

what did he do again? I mean, what exactly did he do, for I don't recall.

Obviously, I was not a fly on the wall, in this situation. But, in the past Igor has taken on teams where he wants one of the skaters. He agrees to take them, and then suddenly one of the skaters finds themself without a partner. I'm not saying he's the only one who does it, but he did have quite the reputation for it a while back.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-29-2011, 02:51 PM
I still want some sexy Euro girl for Keiffer.

Imagine the hottness he and someone like Nora could bring.

Sylvia
06-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Re. cruisin's post above... People are going to believe what they want to believe. In the case of Samuelson/Bates' split, I happen to think this was not the case (based on what little I know), but I can't prove anything, obviously.

orbitz
06-29-2011, 02:54 PM
That picture of Jeremy is :rofl: and :scream: .

Haha, it reminded me of Claudia Leistner in 89.

MarieM
06-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Obviously, I was not a fly on the wall, in this situation. But, in the past Igor has taken on teams where he wants one of the skaters. He agrees to take them, and then suddenly one of the skaters finds themself without a partner. I'm not saying he's the only one who does it, but he did have quite the reputation for it a while back.

A lot of ice dance coach do the same :cool:
So that they're sure THEIR skaters have ZERO competition. Very russian tradition IMO :hat1:

oleada
06-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Ugh. Madison is a good skater, but she doesn't hold a candle to Emily in terms of edging, posture and toe point (Emily's is :swoon:). I also found Emily's expression more appropriate and Madison's more over the top. Sorry, but this is a total downgrade.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-29-2011, 03:01 PM

Which teams are you talking about exactly?

I'm gotten so used to his teams having skated together since birth, that I'm not really remembering any mix-n-match pairings from his camp.

BlueRidge
06-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I too like Madison Chock. But I really hate the splitting up of two very good teams in favorable of a new, unproven team. :(

Do you know this is what happened? All I can see is that S&B split, and Bates is now said to be teaming with Chock. Chock & Zuerlien split because Greg retired.

I don't see anywhere that either team was split up in order to create a new team.

Cheylana
06-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Do you know this is what happened?
No. I was reacting to the speculation upthread.