PDA

View Full Version : Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates have ended their partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

MarieM
06-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Thus it's Igor being a jerk, as per usual I suppose ? :lol:

Sylvia
06-29-2011, 01:44 PM
As much as some people want to believe there has to be one "villain" to blame, there is usually no ONE reason for team splits... it tends to be more complicated than that.

BlueRidge
06-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Well people seem to think there are four villians here: Igor, Marina, Madison (if only because she's such a terrible skater), and Evan.

Not that anyone is basing this on any information whatsover, of course.

Sylvia
06-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Well, even if people had "real information," that wouldn't stop the speculation, right? ;)

LilJen
06-29-2011, 01:49 PM
weird, weird, weird, weird. I, too, have a hard time picturing Chock/Bates, but whatever. My best to them in the new partnership, and fingers crossed for an outstanding partner for Emily.

BlueRidge
06-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Well, even if people had "real information," that wouldn't stop the speculation, right? ;)

especially not if the speculation were more fun which it almost always is! that's what we're here for... :shuffle:

BlueRidge
06-29-2011, 01:52 PM
weird, weird, weird, weird. I, too, have a hard time picturing Chock/Bates, but whatever. My best to them in the new partnership, and fingers crossed for an outstanding partner for Emily.

Does anyone have any thoughts on who might be available as a possible partner for Emily?

only encouraging benign speculation here... :saint:

skatemommy
06-29-2011, 01:55 PM
^ can this new magical partner also skate pairs with Kaitlyn Y? :rofl:

Ziggy
06-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on who might be available as a possible partner for Emily?

Keiffer Hubbell is still available.

He's the only high level available US ice dancer.

Paul Poirer is free too but I bet neither CAN nor US would be willing to release them.

maureenfarone
06-29-2011, 02:01 PM
^ can this new magical partner also skate pairs with Kaitlyn Y? :rofl:

Speedy did come up with a "team" event :rofl:.

Seriously, best of luck to both ladies in finding new partners!

cruisin
06-29-2011, 02:31 PM
As much as some people want to believe there has to be one "villain" to blame, there is usually no ONE reason for team splits... it tends to be more complicated than that.

It can be more complicated than that. But, there are also instances where there is/are villains, or at least persons who are morally challenged.

Well people seem to think there are four villians here: Igor, Marina, Madison (if only because she's such a terrible skater), and Evan.

I don't think anyone has blamed Madison. People have made remarks about her being a lesser skater than Emily, but that is not blame. I think Madison is a very nice skater and it remains to be seen if Madison can skate at Emily's level.

Yes, we are all speculating. However, Igor has done this before, it's not a stretch to think he's done it again. There are also instances where judges get involved, too. You get an elite coach/s and a few judges telling you that you should skate with a different partner and the pressure can be compelling. If the above article from the Detroit Free Press, is accurate, it would seem that Bates was locked in with Madison before the split. Again speculating, it would also seem that Emily didn't have much say in the matter, and it probably was not a mutual decision.

And FTR, I seriously doubt that Evan has lost trust in Emily since the injury. If that were the case, I think he'd just stop skating not look for another partner. It was an accident, after all. And Emily was injured once too.

BittyBug
06-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Keiffer Hubbell is still available.

He's the only high level available US ice dancer.Didn't Keiffer quit because of a recurring injury?

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-29-2011, 02:35 PM
So, I guess footwork was right about that one. I wonder if the other prediction, about Kieffer Hubble and Piper Gilles will also come true.

jeffisjeff
06-29-2011, 02:36 PM
According to Jo-Ann Barnas in today's Detroit Free Press article (http://www.freep.com/article/20110629/SPORTS17/106290385/1048/sports)

That picture of Jeremy is :rofl: and :scream: .

Sylvia
06-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Didn't Keiffer quit because of a recurring injury?
No, the 5/12 USFS press release (http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=46152&type=media) stated that "Keiffer is exploring his options, both on and off the ice."

Collin Brubaker (he competed at 2010 Skate Canada with Rachel Tibbetts and they finished 8th in Senior Dance at 2011 Nationals) is still available, AFAIK.