PDA

View Full Version : Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates have ended their partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

advoskate
06-26-2011, 03:04 AM
Just to correct one item of misinformation in an earlier post. S/B won the bronze medal in novice ice dance in Atlanta in 2004. The gold medal was won by Lauren Capehart and Stephen Chasman.

MacMadame
06-26-2011, 04:56 AM
It's popular to dis Spilband and attribute his success to politics but I've seen the man in action and no one works as hard as he does. No one. He works his butt off for his skaters and has more 10x more energy than most coaches.

nashvilledancer
06-26-2011, 05:39 AM
A reliable source told me yesterday that the breakup came out of the blue to all including Emily about two weeks ago ("Evan just dumped her"). This morning the source gave the go-ahead to share this info.

Best wishes to Emily in finding a worthy partner!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-26-2011, 06:17 AM
A reliable source told me yesterday that the breakup came out of the blue to all including Emily about two weeks ago ("Evan just dumped her"). This morning the source gave the go-ahead to share this info.

Wow, what a jerk. She sat out a freaking year for him and he just unceremoniously dumps her?

Maybe he really is teaming up with Chock.

Original Cat
06-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Evan was the one who was injured last year so saying emily sat out waiting for him is wrong. SHE cut him. Only the two people in the partnership really know what happened and why they decided to split.

Conga
06-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Evan was the one who was injured last year so saying emily sat out waiting for him is wrong. SHE cut him. Only the two people in the partnership really know what happened and why they decided to split.

GEEZ:rolleyes: Wasn't HE the one who stepped on her hand at a Junior World Championships and she had to have hand surgery?

Conga
06-26-2011, 09:03 AM
I guess it opens doors for the other teams but other than D&W and S&S how many of the remaining teams are up to that level. Are any even up to the level of C&Z or the Hubbell's?

K/G-S were in fourth after the SD at the USFS Championships and, I believe, without the fall in the FD would have finished ahead of the Hubbells.

cruisin
06-26-2011, 01:50 PM
It's popular to dis Spilband and attribute his success to politics but I've seen the man in action and no one works as hard as he does. No one. He works his butt off for his skaters and has more 10x more energy than most coaches.

NO one is questioning that he works hard. However, there are quite a few instances where his teams have placed higher than they should have, and watching USFS officials climb up his _____ is :eek:.

That sucks! It doesn't matter how Evan was hurt, she sat it out. In dance and pairs partners sometimes get hurt by the other partner. It's not deliberate (usually, though it can be), it's part of the risk. I wonder who's decision it was. Evan's? Or did the new coaches decide? Shiplband was notorious for raiding teams by taking them on and keeping the one he wants.

I feel awful for Emily :(. It's bad enough when this happens with discussion between both partners and they agree to split. Even if one of the partners would rather save the team, at least they feel like they have some input. But when it comes out of the blue and there is no discussion, it's lousy.

ETA: And for the record, Emily is/was the better skater.

Allen
06-26-2011, 01:54 PM

Well what would you classify her sitting out a year as? She could have dumped him then and went and found a different partner. That isn't what happened. So whether she was the one who cut him or not, she still sat out an entire year. Now, you are right that we don't know why the split occurred, but it would still have to be frustrating, especially if he did, as nashvilledancer claims, just dump her out of the blue.

mollymgr
06-26-2011, 02:35 PM
How long will it be till they officially make an announcement now that everyone knows about it?:confused:…they seem to be dragging their feet over this just like ISU with the GP announcement :rolleyes:
I am not expecting any drama from the official announcement…probably more paraphrasing of what came out of the DFP article. I doubt we will ever know the true reason.
I thought it was kind of strange for Marina and Igor to have so many dance teams under them and be able to give their attention to all of them. Maybe they do. Even if they are considered to be the best coaches right now, looks like Darwinism is having its effect in weeding some of their teams out.

LilJen
06-26-2011, 03:09 PM

:(

FSfan107
06-26-2011, 03:41 PM

Poor Emily. :(

Evan won't find a better partner than Emily.

Disclaimer: If the above rumor is true.

cruisin
06-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Someone who has a connection to Emily should let her know that this is out and people are speculating. If, in fact, this is not true, they should deny it. If it is true, they should announce and try to move on.

DORISPULASKI
06-26-2011, 04:18 PM
I agree with that, cruisin.

MacMadame
06-26-2011, 04:34 PM
there are quite a few instances where his teams have placed higher than they should have

In your opinion. This isn't a fact and I believe it's one of the ways that people dis Spilband... implying his teams get their placements entirely through politics and not merit.