PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Japan Open

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47]

aftershocks
10-23-2011, 01:49 AM
Thanks for that additional link, shine! :)

I guess Weiss lives with himself, aemeralrainc, by giving back through his foundation. ;)

Posters, even on youtube, keep saying that Matt would have scored better under CoP, but he did skate under CoP in some comps, and still was not fairly rewarded. He apparently had already been given up on/ written off by both his fed and the international judges. I'm so glad Matt continued to work hard and delivered many performances that will continue to be watched and revered by skating fans.

All of the posts on Matt here need to be transferred to a thread of his own in Trash Can.

aemeraldrainc
10-24-2011, 05:02 PM
I guess Weiss lives with himself, aemeralrainc, by giving back through his foundation. ;)
.....All of the posts on Matt here need to be transferred to a thread of his own in Thrash Can.

Touché. :lol:
Funny, I was reading over his Wiki the other day. Whatever happened to his Tornado move? Anyone know if he still does it?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Weiss_(figure_skater)

You're right. Matt needs his own thread. I think I'm gonna have to message a mod. Who takes care of things like that?

Louise
10-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks for that additional link, shine! :)

Posters, even on youtube, keep saying that Matt would have scored better under CoP, but he did skate under CoP in some comps, and still was not fairly rewarded. He apparently had already been given up on/ written off by both his fed and the international judges. I'm so glad Matt continued to work hard and delivered many performances that will continue to be watched and revered by skating fans..

I think Matt and Ryan Jahnke were a few years too early in COP. Both were sublime skaters, had diffiicult transitions, yet NO QUAD. Then Buttle won without even attempting one. Those two were definite casualties of the new judging system. It's hard to even watch them without getting angry at the scores. It makes NO sense.

Anyway, Matt got his Olympics, and that's what counts. He was never going to be a medal threat, so he achieved the maximum he was ever going to.