PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Japan Open

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47

crystalice
10-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Ok. So, who should have won?:confused:

They told you who- Gachi. :blah:

os168
10-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Well, Gachinski may not be the skater that Patrick Chan is and his program not jam packed with transitions, but overall that is a very unique, well thought out program and I thought he really committed to the choreography and presented it quite well. I would give him high CH, IN and PE. People should really stop talking like he's completely crap :P

let me guess. ando fan right :rofl:

shine
10-07-2011, 04:25 PM
let me guess. ando fan right :rofl:
Um, wrong? WTH? :confused:

Proustable
10-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Lets toss this question out: does anyone think that Chan should've beaten Amodio?

Sasha'sSpins
10-07-2011, 04:35 PM
It wasn't that brutal to watch, it just seemed that she was not feeling well and had no energy to expend. She did look striking though, love her dress.

Some of the pbp's I read beforehand made it sound as if her performance was brutal! :lol:

Sasha'sSpins
10-07-2011, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=kirkbiggestfan;3310080]

I can't watch it here in the US either :(

Try http://hidemyass.com/ . :sekret:

Sasha'sSpins
10-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Irina Slutskaya had pushed the sport technically and enforced Kwan to keep attempting triple-triples before Mao and Yu-Na came on the scene.

Very true!

Sasha'sSpins
10-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Irina Slutskaya had pushed the sport technically and enforced Kwan to keep attempting triple-triples before Mao and Yu-Na came on the scene.

Not to mention Tara Lipinski with her own triple/triple combos. Her jump content at the '98 Olympics was much harder than Kwan's. I really believe it's what gave her the edge as well as her joyful performance.

LilJen
10-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Pardon me for not reading the entire thread, but did Jeff Buttle crack open the display case at Allandale and take his costume out? Nice 3A. Damn impressive.

<snort> I dig that costume. It's totally weirdly minimalistic and perfect for the music.

COME BAAAAAACK, JEFFY!!!

Primorskaya
10-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Lets toss this question out: does anyone think that Chan should've beaten Amodio?

Jeez, seriously? Yes. Florent's new FP is shocking. He's one of the young guys I'm hoping to see improvement from, and I don't think this is going in the right direction.
He can be so expressive and engaging, I'm not sure what the hell he's trying to express in that mess of a programme, whatever it is I'm not getting it. Going from exuberant skating to cocky posing is not a wise career choice.

Triple Butz
10-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Well, Gachinski may not be the skater that Patrick Chan is and his program not jam packed with transitions, but overall that is a very unique, well thought out program and I thought he really committed to the choreography and presented it quite well. I would give him high CH, IN and PE. People should really stop talking like he's completely crap :P

He's completely crap ;). That program is a botched edit of music selections that have absolutely nothing to do with each other, coupled with lots of slow two-foot skating and bad posture. An improvement over last year, but still crap IMO.

ETA: I just watched it again...yikes. He misses every beat in both step sequences, and it's especially noticeable in the first step sequence set to a waltz. His last step sequence was so behind the beat that he couldn't finish on time. How is that good CH, IN, and PE?? Oh, and Ryan Bradley called- he wants his fugly camel spin back.

Primorskaya
10-07-2011, 05:12 PM
He's completely crap ;). That program is a botched edit of music selections that have absolutely nothing to do with each other, coupled with lots of slow two-foot skating and bad posture. An improvement over last year, but still crap IMO.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I can see a new trend in subjective venting emerge: after Chan-hating, Gachinsky-bashing. This season's gonna be fun. For the record, I disagree.

Proustable
10-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Jeez, seriously? Yes. Florent's new FP is shocking. He's one of the young guys I'm hoping to see improvement from, and I don't think this is going in the right direction.
He can be so expressive and engaging, I'm not sure what the hell he's trying to express in that mess of a programme, whatever it is I'm not getting it. Going from exuberant skating to cocky posing is not a wise career choice.

Seriously. After all, he didn't fall, and that's the marker here, right? What does it matter if he had no choreography, poor interpretation, lesser skating skills, fewer clean triples and lesser footwork and spins. He didn't fall.

If you believe that Chan should be ahead of Amodio, than yes, a three fall skate can and should beat a no-fall skate. It just depends on the circumstances. Using bek's suggestion that each fall remove 10% of the total score would put Chan approximately 25 points behind Amodio, fwiw.

Primorskaya
10-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Seriously. After all, he didn't fall, and that's the marker here, right? What does it matter if he had no choreography, poor interpretation, lesser skating skills, fewer clean triples and lesser footwork and spins. He didn't fall.

If you believe that Chan should be ahead of Amodio, than yes, a three fall skate can and should beat a no-fall skate. It just depends on the circumstances. Using bek's suggestion that each fall remove 10% of the total score would put Chan approximately 25 points behind Amodio, fwiw.

Sorry, confused? Have you got me mixed up with someone else? I didn't say anything about wanting 10% off for falls, as you say, that was bek's suggestion.
Standing by what I said about Florent -and you seem to agree, going by that ironic first paragraph, I fail to see what you're disagreeing with me on?? I never made any of the above arguments. Have you seen my previous posts? I'm 100% OK with Patrick winning, in accordance with current CoP.

Proustable
10-07-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you at all. My question wasn't quite rhetorical, it was pointing out that people screaming about three-fall skates winning over no-fall skates as if the latter is automatically better don't seem to really engage with what that means.