PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Japan Open

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

VarBar
10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Daisuke's FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbOlKmEiY1U

I bet the others will start popping up soon too. :)

Pretty disappointing as far as I am concerned.:(

Thanks for posting it.

shine
10-02-2011, 01:05 PM
OMG Takahashi's LP is fabulous. Easily my favorite LP he had done. :kickass:

I just hope he skates it to it's full potential at least once this season.

Agreed. This one has the subtlety and nuances that was missing in his previous LPs IMO. He's finally starting to use his arms in a less generic way. Fantastic program!

kittyjake5
10-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Loved Dai's LP!! Could not take my eyes off him. He truly is an aritist on ice.
Thank you for the link.

Jenna
10-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Well, it's not run by the ISU like Worlds, etc., but it is certainly sanctioned by them, or else all the participants would lose eligibility.

Not sure what you mean by "sanctioned" in this context, but the Japan Open uses ISU officials (including an international technical panel and judges) and this event is listed on the ISU's calendar.

ETA: This news video includes some clips from Takahiko Kozuka's Japan Open FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x9IQfLxkdY

Err, sanctioned was a bad word choice. :lol:

I just meant that it isn't an ISU Championship event - the scores don't count for world ranking, or season's best, etc.

Moka-Ananas
10-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I hate hate hate Blues for Klook but Dai's skating is so beautiful.
If it just weren't for this music :drama:

midori
10-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Having watched the whole event, I think Patrick won fair and square. No one else did better in the competition. Simple as that.

museksk8r
10-02-2011, 02:10 PM
I thought Joannie Rochette's interpretation of Aranjeuz was way better than Kwan's. I mean it's great that Michelle was so happy skating it but there really wasn't much choreography in her butchered version :slinkaway

I agree with this. Rochette's program was much more complex, both technically and artistically; of course, it should have been . . . it was skated under the COP system. Joannie's skating skills are just as strong as Michelle's. Joannie wins on transitions and choreography. Musical interpretation is a toss-up; both are strong in this area. Performance-execution I would give to Michelle. Joannie appeared more nervous, but then again, she had to execute much more difficult content than Michelle, so it was to be expected. Joannie for the win!

Moka-Ananas
10-02-2011, 02:16 PM
I can't believe this thread is turning into another Michelle Kwan thread.
Guys, listen: she hasn't competed for ages by now and has nothing, lemme repeat, absolutely NOTHING to do with JO 2011 or anyone who competed at this event.
So please...

gkelly
10-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I don't think even remember those performances as I'm not a huge Kween fan. For me the music is associated with Honda.

And my first association with the Concierto de Aranjuez is with Caryn Kadavy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IryPxjUIKd8), even though it was just part of a Spanish medley.

It's all in one's perspective. We don't all have the same associations.

I hate hate hate Blues for Klook but Dai's skating is so beautiful.
If it just weren't for this music :drama:

I love that music, although the recording didn't sound great on the video linked here.

Having watched the whole event, I think Patrick won fair and square. No one else did better in the competition. Simple as that.

Yup, simple as that. The important thing is everything that was executed -- skating, jumps, spins, etc. -- as well as all the presentation-related components, not the number of disruptive mistakes. Especially since different observers may have different opinions about how disruptive they were.

museksk8r
10-02-2011, 02:23 PM
I can't believe this thread is turning into another Michelle Kwan thread.
Guys, listen: she hasn't competed for ages by now and has nothing, lemme repeat, absolutely NOTHING to do with JO 2011 or anyone who competed at this event.
So please...

Well, seeing as how only 1 full video of only one of the competitors in this event has been posted, we can't really discuss the topic at hand unless the majority of us were there to watch it in person, which we weren't. Alas, it's no surprise then that the thread has derailed from its original purpose. :slinkaway

Andrey aka Pushkin
10-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Blues for Klook :scream: * infinity

miki88
10-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Dai's LP is definitely unique but I have mixed feelings about it. Maybe I'll like it more if he skated if with more fire.

FSfan107
10-02-2011, 02:40 PM

Word.

I'm looking forward to seeing the other programs. Hopefully, they'll show up soon. :)

Jemestone
10-02-2011, 03:15 PM

That music made my ears bleed :scream:

ostile17
10-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Dai's Exhibition (Carnival On Ice) :swoon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvNSdSA22l8