PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Japan Open

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

allezfred
10-02-2011, 12:19 AM
I think Liza winning here is just the tip of the iceberg. Wouldn't be surprised AT ALL to see her and Adelina on the podium in Nice.

Post of the week. :lol:

sleepypanda
10-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Daisuke's FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbOlKmEiY1U

I bet the others will start popping up soon too. :)

museksk8r
10-02-2011, 12:41 AM

Thanks for posting! :D

Karpenko
10-02-2011, 12:53 AM

Once he fully recovers and gets some numbers under his belt, I believe he will be the first skater to ever do this music justice. I've loved a couple of gymnastics floor routines to it, but have yet to love one in skating. He gets the soul of this music, man I love Daisuke Takahashi :swoon:

Jenna
10-02-2011, 12:58 AM
Post of the week. :lol:

Ah, Allezfred. You never miss a chance to make an ass out of yourself.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has a problem with your attitude, as others have notified me by PM. Seems you're not very popular on here, after all.

By the way, did you read my post in the JGP Austria thread? Just in case you hadn't discovered the answer to your question yet. :rofl:

Proustable
10-02-2011, 01:04 AM
The fact of the matter is its not even about Patrick, its the system that rewards this kind of thing. But when Chan fans go on and tells us that its no big deal that Patrick fell on his butt three times, and that the rest of us just clearly don't understand good skating is when I get annoyed. Yes, I get that Patrick has fabulous skating skills and loads of transitions. And you know what when he skates well I actually enjoy watching him skate. But I don't enjoy watching Patrick or anyone fall on their butt three times in one skate. That's not my definition of a good skate. And what ticks me off is it seems like other skaters do get hit with lower PCS when they don't deliver the technical goods. A skater who knows that he will be hit hard PCS wise if he falls a lot may be less likely to go for a quad than a skater who knows they will get huge PCS even if they fall multiple times in one program. And that's not fair..

The thing is, I'm not convinced that's true. It's hard to compare simply because very few skaters at the highest levels have the range of falls that Patrick has, but it's worth comparing.

Kanako Murakami had three falls at NHK in her LP, she scored 52 for her PCS. For her clean (no fall) LP at SA, she had 55. If we applied PCS factoring equal to the men, the comparable difference is 3.75.

Denis Ten had five falls at Skate America in his LP. His PCS was 61.92. At NHK, he had three falls. His PCS was 60.78 (that's right, he got a higher score for a more visibly flawed skated). His PCS at worlds was 69.94 (two falls).

---I apologize to Vash01, who I misattributed this to initially.

I'm willing to be if we took any skater that had a range of performances from very unclean to sparklingly error free and used the unfactored PCS, we'd come up wrong 9 times out of ten.

bek
10-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Once he fully recovers and gets some numbers under his belt, I believe he will be the first skater to ever do this music justice. I've loved a couple of gymnastics floor routines to it, but have yet to love one in skating. He gets the soul of this music, man I love Daisuke Takahashi :swoon:

I love it. Its great because its a departure about from his other programs which are bit more overtly showman with tons of abandon. Whereas this program is a more controlled/cool aspect. Its not that I don't love Daisuke's all programs but I Love seeing this new side to Dai!

allezfred
10-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Ah, Allezfred. You never miss a chance to make an ass out of yourself.

Says the person who is consistently wrong about so much. :lol:

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has a problem with your attitude, as others have notified me by PM. Seems you're not very popular on here, after all.

You should know all about not being popular. ;)

By the way, did you read my post in the JGP Austria thread? Just in case you hadn't discovered the answer to your question yet. :rofl:

Sarcasm, Jenna. Jenna, Sarcasm. I don't believe the two of you have ever met.

museksk8r
10-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Skater A is not judged on how well he/she skated from event A in comparison to how he/she did in event B. Skater A is being judged in comparison to how skaters B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and I skated in said event. It appears that PCS tend to build for a skater based on their maturity, experience, whether they have a World/Olympic medal, and if momentum is in their favor. I have a feeling that one day soon Chan's competition is going to gain ground on him and he is going to make enough mistakes, so that a very hungry challenger will dethrone him.

museksk8r
10-02-2011, 01:20 AM
I love it. Its great because its a departure about from his other programs which are bit more overtly showman with tons of abandon. Whereas this program is a more controlled/cool aspect. Its not that I don't love Daisuke's all programs but I Love seeing this new side to Dai!

I love the style he shows in this new program too! I generally really like Dai's skating, but I really didn't like both of his programs last season. I'm so glad to see this new direction for him; I much prefer it! :cheer2:

Jenna
10-02-2011, 01:20 AM
Says the person who is consistently wrong about so much. :lol:

Ah, I know. I'm such a dumbie when it comes to figure skating. That's why I'm like a week away from a bronze judging appointment. :P

You should know all about not being popular. ;)

If I'm unpopular for disagreeing with you so often, then so be it. :P

Sarcasm, Jenna. Jenna, Sarcasm. I don't believe the two of you have ever met.

I don't like Sarcasm. Unfortunately, you do.

allezfred
10-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Ah, I know. I'm such a dumbie when it comes to figure skating. That's why I'm like a week away from a bronze judging appointment. :P

Well, all the best with that. :)

And now back to the topic of the Japan Open.

nlyoung
10-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Give Patrick a break. He fell on a rotated quad and so got partial credit, landed a 4-3 with massive GOE, made a dumb mistake and fell on steps. I haven't seen the program, but given his transitions, this fall may have been on linking steps and not an element. He got the penalty for the falls, and with the content and difficulty of the program I don't see a problem with the marks. Just do the math. The quads and triple-triple give him a huge base mark to start. It drives me nuts that people continue to argue that a 'clean' but much simpler program should come out ahead because of falls. The quad fall doesn't even really factor in given he received 7+ with the fall for rotating. He also fully rotated his 3a. This is the way the system works. It is not going to change. This is the price we pay for the difficulty of the programs, and when they work it's well worth it.

Jenna
10-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Well, all the best with that. :)

Why, thank you. :)

I quite enjoy this love-hate relationship we have.

Vash01
10-02-2011, 01:31 AM
The thing is, I'm not convinced that's true. It's hard to compare simply because very few skaters at the highest levels have the range of falls that Patrick has, but it's worth comparing.

Kanako Murakami had three falls at NHK in her LP, she scored 52 for her PCS. For her clean (no fall) LP at SA, she had 55. If we applied PCS factoring equal to the men, the comparable difference is 3.75.

Denis Ten had five falls at Skate America in his LP. His PCS was 61.92. At NHK, he had three falls. His PCS was 60.78 (that's right, he got a higher score for a more visibly flawed skated). His PCS at worlds was 69.94 (two falls).

I'm willing to be if we took any skater that had a range of performances from very unclean to sparklingly error free and used the unfactored PCS, we'd come up wrong 9 times out of ten.

Proustable, you attributed the quote to me (Vash01) but I don't remember posting that. I don't write like that ("falling on butt")

What happened?