PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Japan Open

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Jenna
10-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Aw, really? :(

I was looking forward to that.

Jemestone
10-01-2011, 07:26 PM

Liza is only 14 and Adelina just missed it by 1 day [born July 1] :)

Jenna
10-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Liza is only 14 and Adelina just missed it by 1 day [born July 1] :)

Ah, that's right. One day!? Oh, the inuhamity.

koatcue
10-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I wish there were their programmes on youtube=(

Triple Butz
10-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Ah, that's right. One day!? Oh, the inuhamity.

I blame her mother. Should have pushed harder. ;)

query5
10-01-2011, 09:19 PM
congrats to north american team which won,
the winners in the mens and ladies contest.

dinakt
10-01-2011, 09:20 PM

Well, Liza and Adelina are old enough for the GP series- including the Final. So you might possibly see them there:)

Jemestone
10-01-2011, 09:36 PM

:rofl:

bek
10-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Tuktamisheva was already scoring similar PCS to reigning world champion Ando and reigning GPF champion Czisny. This ought to make the GPs extremely interesting... (and nice to see Suzuki beating them all on PCS :P)

Given the state of the current senior ladies, and what we saw at Worlds, why wouldn't the judges happily latch on to Tukt, Sotnikova. At this point it seems we either have Senior ladies who are can jump but aren't so great presentation wise or skaters who are great presentation wise but have iffy jumps. Kim and Asada the two best skaters in the last quad are not what they once were. Kim may never have the motivation to truly come back and Asada is struggling technically. Sotnikova/Tukt are in many ways already better than Ando presentation wise and both can jump and have good skating skills to for their ages.

Right now there's a similar hole in ladies the way there was a hole when Kim and Asada showed up last quad. They immediately started getting top PCS because well the top skaters who were there before them had pretty much left. I suspect the same to happen with the young Russians.

olympic
10-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Given the state of the current senior ladies, and what we saw at Worlds, why wouldn't the judges happily latch on to Tukt, Sotnikova. At this point it seems we either have Senior ladies who are can jump but aren't so great presentation wise or skaters who are great presentation wise but have iffy jumps. Sotnikova/Tukt are in many ways already better than Ando presentation wise and both can jump and have good skating skills to for their ages.

It will be interesting to watch them develop on the Senior level.

One thing that might be a problem is 'golden children' like these get a lot of attention and pressure. How will they handle it?

DimaToe
10-01-2011, 11:14 PM

:rofl: That just made my day!

os168
10-01-2011, 11:28 PM
So nobody's complaining about Patrick's world title. When he skates like that he deserves to win. But that doesn't mean he should be allowed to fall all over the place in the early season and get rewarded with scores close to the 160. IF Patrick skates like crap, Patrick's scores should reflect it.

One could point out that the judges telling Patrick he can fall 3 times and still score ridiculous high, puts less pressure on Patrick. Not to mention why bother even watching if Patrick can fall three times and still win.

Sounds like you should be blaming whoever decide to change the rules to make it okay to fall 3 times and still score high rather than the competitor.

But seriously, I suspect in preparation for the Japanese Open, Patrick has indeed been neglecting his usual training having been addicted to the Japanese Anime series full of kawaii girls shown on his video. I suspect too much wiggling to the annoying but addictive anime soundtrack has threw him off balance for at least 48 hours. Don't blame him really, that is why I always use the mute button.

So advice to Patrick, no more kawaii animes @ your next Japanese Open.
Next time, try to watch Sumo or something, so you can remain on your feet and want to go to bed early.

bek
10-01-2011, 11:29 PM
It will be interesting to watch them develop on the Senior level.

One thing that might be a problem is 'golden children' like these get a lot of attention and pressure. How will they handle it?

Both have been getting a lot of attention and pressure since they went 1-2 at Russian Nationals at 12. (12? I believe) I think the encouraging sign is unlike other young skaters who can get caught up in their own press. Both girls have continued to improve and work on their weaknesses.

Its hard to know what the future holds but in the case of both girls they have experienced coaches surrounding them, who at least have some experience of dealing with phenoms. (Tarasova is one of Adelina's coaches, and Adelina's coach was a teen prodigy herself) And say what one will about Mishin but he's developed plenty of teen prodigies before Liza.

I think it helps two that both aren't one and only's in their country. They will be competiting against not only each other for attention and press, but also against the bevy of young Russian prodigies coming after them. Such as Julia.

Iron sharpens iron and getting out of Russia and into the top world competitions is going to be an absolute blood bath in the next few years. Which means which ever young ladies come out will be decent/if not great competitors.

Obviously puberty is a factor but I think that at least one or two will make it through.

But seriously, I suspect in preparation for the Japanese Open, Patrick has indeed been neglecting his usual training having been addicted to the Japanese Anime series full of kawaii girls shown in his video. I suspect too much wiggling to the annoying but addictive anime soundtrack has totally threw him off balance. Don't blame him really, that is why I always use the mute button.

Patrick has never been the most consistent jumper and I actually don't have a problem with the fact that he's not in the bestest of shape right now. The season hasn't even started. Its smart to slowly work yourself into shape. But when Patrick falls that many times he shouldn't be getting huge scores. It drives me nuts that PCS don't reflect poorly executed skates.

The fact of the matter is its not even about Patrick, its the system that rewards this kind of thing. But when Chan fans go on and tells us that its no big deal that Patrick fell on his butt three times, and that the rest of us just clearly don't understand good skating is when I get annoyed. Yes, I get that Patrick has fabulous skating skills and loads of transitions. And you know what when he skates well I actually enjoy watching him skate. But I don't enjoy watching Patrick or anyone fall on their butt three times in one skate. That's not my definition of a good skate. And what ticks me off is it seems like other skaters do get hit with lower PCS when they don't deliver the technical goods. A skater who knows that he will be hit hard PCS wise if he falls a lot may be less likely to go for a quad than a skater who knows they will get huge PCS even if they fall multiple times in one program. And that's not fair.

This being said Patrick IS a beautiful skater and when he skates well its amazing to watch.

aemeraldrainc
10-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Sounds like you should be blaming whoever decide to change the rules to make it okay to fall 3 times and still score high rather than the competitor.

But seriously, I suspect in preparation for the Japanese Open, Patrick has indeed been neglecting his usual training having been addicted to the Japanese Anime series full of kawaii girls shown on his video. I suspect too much wiggling to the annoying but addictive anime soundtrack has threw him off balance for at least 48 hours. Don't blame him really, that is why I always use the mute button.

So advice to Patrick, no more kawaii animes @ your next Japanese Open.
Next time, try to watch Sumo or something, so you can remain on your feet and want to go to bed early.

:rofl:

aftershocks
10-02-2011, 12:14 AM
:lol:

Hint to Patrick's competition... you may be fighting for last two spots on the podium at events where Patrick is entered. :P