PDA

View Full Version : Kitten with Bad dreams comforted by Mom

Pages : [1] 2

skipaway
06-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Too cute....she's such a good mom!

Good Mom (http://www.flixxy.com/kitten-hugs.htm)

Ozzisk8tr
06-20-2011, 05:38 PM
I saw this about a week ago and thought someone would already would have posted this in the pet thread. Is this not the sweetest video ever. I love how the mother doesn't even wake up.

reckless
06-20-2011, 07:05 PM
It's very cute, but there is a bit of projection going on. There's no way to know if the kitten was having a bad dream; it was in REM sleep and was dreaming, but it could have just as easily been a happy dream. And the mother's response could have just as easily been to put the kitten into a submissive position so it would stop flinching, which probably disturbed the mother's sleep.

On the other hand, it's a lot sweeter to think of it as mom comforting scared kitten.

Satellitegirl
06-20-2011, 07:47 PM
I also wondered if the Mom wasn't awoke and just stretched her legs/shoulder blades a bit, which ended up drawing the kitten in closer.

Japanfan
06-21-2011, 12:52 AM
There's no way to know if the kitten was having a bad dream; it was in REM sleep and was dreaming, but it could have just as easily been a happy dream. And the mother's response could have just as easily been to put the kitten into a submissive position so it would stop flinching, which probably disturbed the mother's sleep.

On the other hand, it's a lot sweeter to think of it as mom comforting scared kitten.

All true, but still cute.

Cats aren't really a shining example of motherhood if you want to anthromorphize. They start ignoring their babies once their weaned and even fight with them.

skatemommy
06-21-2011, 01:46 AM
We rescued a kitten from behind my daughter's school on the last day of 7th grade in early June. Gym teacher yelled at her for disrespecting his wishes (I was there supervising after school) after he beat the kitten back with branches during softball. Long story short, we captured tortie kitten, took it to county no-kill shelter and put our names on the list as last resort. Hubby called to check and the little guy passed away. Reunited with its 3 sibs from the day before rescue. Warm, dry, happy, full belly but I still balled my eyes out. DD was told kitten got adopted; could not bear to tell her the truth after she got scratched to heck saving this muffin. Thanks for listening...:cat:

MikiAndoFan#1
06-21-2011, 01:55 AM
What a cute video!

Aussie Willy
06-21-2011, 03:30 AM
I also wondered if the Mom wasn't awoke and just stretched her legs/shoulder blades a bit, which ended up drawing the kitten in closer.
Cats do that sort of thing when they are asleep and slightly disturbed, they will pull in tighter. I don't think there is anything more special in it than that.

PrincessLeppard
06-21-2011, 03:32 AM
It's still too damn cute, no matter what's going on. But I'm partial to ginger kittens anyway. :swoon:

Allskate
06-21-2011, 06:52 AM
And the mother's response could have just as easily been to put the kitten into a submissive position so it would stop flinching, which probably disturbed the mother's sleep.

Yeah, that's what I used to do with my cat who would insist on sleeping right next to my neck. OTOH, my current cat likes to embrace me with his paws when I'm in bed and he's cuddling with me. He never purrs more loudly than when he's doing that. It's sweet, but he also tends to drool when he's doing it. :lol: And the times when he most wants to hug me is when he's just eaten. Cat drool after a cat has just eaten smelly cat food is not so sweet.

martian_girl
06-23-2011, 02:27 AM
I have to share a link to another cute kitty video:

Caught in the Act (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP3gzee1cps)

Aussie Willy
06-23-2011, 04:08 AM

That is the weirdest thing I have ever seen a cat do. :eek:

skipaway
06-23-2011, 04:30 AM
Very funny, looked ashamed of him/herself :rofl:

mpal2
06-23-2011, 04:39 AM
It was probably trying to lure a dog over to torture it.

:saint: :cat:

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-23-2011, 05:01 AM

:rofl:

I saw that on Yahoo!

Too funny. :lol: