PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Going Rogue Now?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

soxxy
06-19-2011, 01:37 PM
I came to like her based on her participation on Dancing with the Stars, but I'm not too sure about her autobiography (?) coming out on Tuesday.

From "Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far" (seriously?)

Bristol was so drunk on wine coolers the night she first slept with boyfriend Levi Johnston that she couldn’t recall losing her virginity at the tender age of 15 — and he was nowhere to be found the hazy morning after to refresh her memory. "Levi wasn’t even there to help me process — or even confirm my greatly feared suspicions," she writes. "Instead of waking up in his arms, I awakened in a cold tent alone."

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/06/the_ballad_of_levi_johnston_an.html?imw=Y&f=most-viewed-24h5

Aside from the awkwardness of the third person/co-author voice going on, it's pretty lame and I don't know how it furthers her "teen advocacy" agenda. She's not still going for sole custody of their son, is she? I wouldn't think this book would help.

No word on what she has to say about mom.

Well, the cover photo is beautiful:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/0062089374/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

Reuven
06-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Um, sorry, but this family seems to be made up of self-aggrandizing money grubbers and the media seems determined to feed that incessant need entirely too much.

Satellitegirl
06-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Aww, poor innocent naive Bristol left in a cold tent all alone :(. They really worked up the pity imagery good for the book :P

genevieve
06-19-2011, 07:55 PM
nice - so she is completely abdicating any responsibility for having sex by copping to the lesser sin of underage drinking (and wine coolers? I didn't think they existed anymore :rofl: )? Let me guess - Levi got her drunk and it wasn't her fault at all? And it was her first time drinking alcohol? :rolleyes:

I used to feel bad for Bristol, but now I think she's a famewhore on the level of Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian.

Karina1974
06-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Why on earth would someone not even in her 30's yet, much less older, be able to write an autobiography, much less one you could read and maybe get a life lesson or two out of it?

Allen
06-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Why on earth would someone not even in her 30's yet, much less older, be able to write an autobiography, much less one you could read and maybe get a life lesson or two out of it?

Well, there are a lot of people in their 20s and 30s that have lived a lot of life. Just because you are 50+ doesn't mean that you suddenly have more worthwhile life wisdoms to dispense than a 30 year old. Also, teenagers and those in their 20s are more likely to take advice from someone closer to their age.

On the original topic, haven't the Palins been rogue from the get go?

orbitz
06-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Well, there are a lot of people in their 30s that have lived a lot of life. Just because you are 50+ doesn't mean that you suddenly have more worthwhile life wisdoms to dispense than a 30 year old.

Yep. One could be 60+ and has never step foot outside of the small town that she grew up in, for example.

Can't wait for Levi's book to come out later in the year. He still has time to revise it in light of what Bristol wrote about him :lol:. I think it's a bad idea to publicly diss the father of your child, especially since she's supposed to be a "role model" for young people. Gag.

FiveRinger
06-19-2011, 09:03 PM
I just have to wonder what else Bristol could have to say that we haven't already heard. And she wants us to pay for the privilege?

Bristol's not even a good fame-whore. Kris Jenner should be writing an instruction manual.

Jasmar
06-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I haven't read any more than the little excerpt here, but I can see how she could be framing it as "look at the f*ck up I made - don't fall into the same trap!"

I know I've done that in some speaking stuff I've done (different topic, though).

Allen
06-19-2011, 09:26 PM
I haven't read any more than the little excerpt here, but I can see how she could be framing it as "look at the f*ck up I made - don't fall into the same trap!".

Well, considering that she's certainly not the first person to make said "f*ck up," I can't imagine she has anything original or compelling to add to the dialogue of that topic.

soxxy
06-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Bristol and Levi need to put this issue to bed! :slinkaway

Allen
06-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Bristol and Levi need to put this issue to bed! :slinkaway

Isn't that what got them in this position to begin with? ;)

taf2002
06-19-2011, 09:54 PM
I haven't read any more than the little excerpt here, but I can see how she could be framing it as "look at the f*ck up I made - don't fall into the same trap!"

I know I've done that in some speaking stuff I've done (different topic, though).

I sincerely doubt she is interested in helping others not make her mistake. It's more about selling some books & making more money. Well, I guess if the trash on 16 and Pregnant can become celebrities I guess Bristol can with no more going for her than them.

MacMadame
06-19-2011, 10:50 PM
On the original topic, haven't the Palins been rogue from the get go?

Only if rogue is slang for 'dumb as a box of rocks'. ;)

Aussie Willy
06-19-2011, 11:06 PM
What I find funny is that even in Australia I see the word Bristol in the thread title and I know exactly who it is about.