PDA

View Full Version : Universal Sports coming to Direct TV (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Doggygirl
09-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Will Universal Sports be airing the GP Events this year? I assumed they would be, but the "Viewers Guide" under Figure Skating on universalsports.com still has last years schedule up.

I just got my renewal notice for IN, and am looking for confirmation of Universal Sports coverage before cancelling that one.

If this is a "duh" post and the info has already been posted 9573957 times, please accept my apologies! I tend to check out during the off season. :) But I'm gearing up and hoping to see some quad lutzes in competition this season - won't that rock! :kickass:

Simone411
09-24-2011, 03:55 AM
But I'm gearing up and hoping to see some quad lutzes in competition this season - won't that rock! :kickass:

I'll 2nd that! :respec:

BaileyCatts
09-28-2011, 04:33 AM
I have a contract with Time Warner so I don't think I will see Universal Sports on tv anytime soon.

I have Time Warner also. Just wondering what makes you say that you don't think they will ever get US? :wuzrobbed I'm still hoping maybe we will get it soon (no reason why, just keep hoping!)!

mpal2
09-30-2011, 05:25 PM
I talked with a rep today and she said that Universal Sports is in the HD pack. She gave me a six month trial then it would be $4.99/month after that. (She also gave me $10 a month off for the next year, which was nice of her considering I'm still locked in due to the free upgrade I got for HD).

So, we'll see when free Universal goes away if it is still on my tv. :lol:

ETA: How much you wanna bet that it was Universal not Universal Sports she saw on the HD Pack? Oh well. It doesn't automatically renew after the six month freebie so I'll keep that while it's free.

She probably was confused about Universal compared to Universal Sports. I had the HD pack and had to sign up for the sports pack to get Universal Sports. FYI, I asked about any special deals and I don't know if the rep was confused about the current free look or if they will tack on an extra 3 months for those who ask but I don't have to pay for the sports pack until January.

HisWeirness
09-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Will Universal Sports be airing the GP Events this year? I assumed they would be, but the "Viewers Guide" under Figure Skating on universalsports.com still has last years schedule up.
Hi Doggygirl!! Welcome back! :D

Here is the most recent information available about the GP coverage being provided by NBC / Universal Sports:
http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=46360&type=media

NBC Sports will air 13 hours of live and taped coverage of five Grand Prix events, including 2011 Hilton HHonors Skate America and the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. Universal Sports will feature original programming as well as re-broadcasts of NBC Sports' coverage of the Grand Prix Series. Icenetwork.com and UniversalSports.com will both offer complete live and on-demand coverage of the Grand Prix Series on a subscription basis.

Doggygirl
10-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Hi Doggygirl!! Welcome back! :D

Hello to you to! :cheer2::cheer2: Hope you had a :inavoid: summer! Thanks as always for the update.

Now what to do.....dump IN? Or keep two options open? Hmmmm..... What is everyone else doing?

ETA: never mind - I just saw the other thread! I think it's IN for me...