PDA

View Full Version : Universal Sports coming to Direct TV (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

FigureSpins
07-27-2011, 11:38 PM
I was just coming on to say the same thing. I was surprised since I don't have HD or any $$$ programming with DirecTV.
I don't know if it's a teaser-preview or if you don't really need to pay for the sports package. (I don't subscribe to the sports pkg.)

rfisher
07-28-2011, 12:20 AM
It's free through September then you have to buy a sports package.

muffinbiscuit
07-28-2011, 03:55 PM
I've had Direct TV for a number of years. During the '10 O's I did lose it on one night due to a storm. But, since then they have come out and put a much higher antenna on my roof and we have less of that problem. We get the signal from New Haven, CT much better and consistently.

Rob
07-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Wheee!

wRECkSk8r
07-28-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm watching the 2011 Swimming World Championships as we speak. Woohoo!! I am so glad DirecTV is now showing this station. Can't wait for the skating season.

FigureSpins
07-29-2011, 02:07 AM
It's free through September then you have to buy a sports package.
Oh well, easy come, easy go. We're cancelling in September anyway.

Visaliakid
07-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Talked today with a Universal Sports TV Tech today in Fresno, CA who said that Comcast Cable plans to provide all their hubs with a Universal Sports High Definition Satellite Feed to all their customers nationwide before the end of 2011. Now that Comcast owns NBC and Universal Sports it makes sense to me.

rfisher
07-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Hmmm....at no additional cost? I wonder if Comcast is in my area? DirectTV's cost for the sports package is $12-16/month depending if you get it on special for pay full price. Of course, that's not just for Universal Sports. There are a number of channels in the pkg.

Beefcake
07-30-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm enjoying the swimming World championships and Diamond League athletics this week, but will need Universal Sports in HB before I'll pony up that kind of money.

Actually, at $150 a year, I may keep said pony in my pocket. Nah, who am I kidding ... I'll pay it.

Simone411
07-30-2011, 09:45 PM
It's here! Today! on Direct TV, channel 625!

Thank you! Hopefully, I'll be home by the first of October to watch it. :respec: :cheer2:

I'm totally happy about it because I've been pestering them for over 2 years to PLEASE add Universal Sports. I finally got my wish and will probably buy the Sports Pack even if it means canceling one of the other packages I already have. I'd rather have Universal Sports than keep the HD extra package I have. I forgot to check while I was at the website but I believe the HD extra package is around 5.99 a month. That could go toward purchasing the Sports Pack!

I found a link about Universal Sports at DirecTV:

Universal Sports and the Sports Pack (http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/sports_pack?footernavtype=-1)

maureenfarone
07-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Angie it is so great to see you posting ! Hope you are feeling better every day.

I have a contract with Time Warner so I don't think I will see Universal Sports on tv anytime soon.

Garden Kitty
08-01-2011, 03:36 PM
My parents have time warner and they get universal sports. They didn't know it for years, but they do get it so it can't hurt to double check.

purple skates
08-01-2011, 07:02 PM
I'd rather have Universal Sports than keep the HD extra package I have. I forgot to check while I was at the website but I believe the HD extra package is around 5.99 a month. That could go toward purchasing the Sports Pack!

I talked with a rep today and she said that Universal Sports is in the HD pack. She gave me a six month trial then it would be $4.99/month after that. (She also gave me $10 a month off for the next year, which was nice of her considering I'm still locked in due to the free upgrade I got for HD).

So, we'll see when free Universal goes away if it is still on my tv. :lol:

ETA: How much you wanna bet that it was Universal not Universal Sports she saw on the HD Pack? Oh well. It doesn't automatically renew after the six month freebie so I'll keep that while it's free.

rfisher
08-01-2011, 07:31 PM
I talked with a rep today and she said that Universal Sports is in the HD pack. She gave me a six month trial then it would be $4.99/month after that. (She also gave me $10 a month off for the next year, which was nice of her considering I'm still locked in due to the free upgrade I got for HD).

So, we'll see when free Universal goes away if it is still on my tv. :lol:

ETA: How much you wanna bet that it was Universal not Universal Sports she saw on the HD Pack? Oh well. It doesn't automatically renew after the six month freebie so I'll keep that while it's free.

I was going to say it was Universal. Universal Sports is different. The sports pak has about 8-10 different sports channels.

Simone411
08-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks sk8er1964. I knew the price was around $4.99 or $5.99 but I couldn't remember. I believe rfisher is correct about the Universal channel being different than Universal Sports. I definitely want it and will contact DirecTV about getting the Sports Pack.

Angie it is so great to see you posting ! Hope you are feeling better every day.

Thank you so much. It's great to be back. I've missed everyone a lot. I'm also glad to have my laptop back where I can catch up on the figure skating! :)