PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Figure Skating reprimands, fines Rachael Flatt

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52

Sylvia
07-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Maybe someone could start a thread on Tom Zakrajsek? I think it may be time for this thread to be put out of its misery...

kittyjake5
07-08-2011, 07:02 PM
^ You may be right.

Sparks
07-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Should the Tom Z. thread also include opinions of his hair?

Allen
07-08-2011, 09:19 PM

That may be a perfect spin off thread for the trash can ;)

Triple Butz
07-08-2011, 09:32 PM

Are we allowed to speculate about his sexuality? :slinkaway

Sparks
07-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Are we allowed to speculate about his sexuality? :slinkaway

Non.
Only his hair, reprimands or lack thereof, what colors he should wear, how slow he is, if he's a criminal, and if his parents are well off financially will be discussed.
:kickass:

PDilemma
07-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Non.
Only his hair, reprimands or lack thereof, what colors he should wear, how slow he is, if he's a criminal, and if his parents are well off financially will be discussed.
:kickass:

Excuse me, we can't discuss his grades? ;)

Sparks
07-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Excuse me, we can't discuss his grades? ;)

Why, yes you may.

Iceman
07-08-2011, 11:16 PM
I don't find Rachael dull at all and I am considered one of the most exciting men in the world :cool: . Let's make an agreement not to end this thread until Rachael announces her new coach or not and we get to discuss that.

Does anyone know if the Olympic doctor she was working with gave her the ok to skate with her injury?

fan5
07-08-2011, 11:20 PM
The written "competition readiness agreement" that Rachel and Tom Z. had to sign is available on the USFS website at:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=212

Specifically it states:

Training Commitment, Injury & Case Management.

I, the skater, agree to adhere to my seasonal plan and to develop and maintain a level of health and fitness that will enable me to train at a high level and compete in peak condition. In the event that I become injured and/or ill to the extent that I requires surgery and/or ongoing medical treatment, and/or is otherwise unable to train consistently, effectively, and according to the seasonal plan, and which may therefore jeopardize my ability to compete for Team USA, I agree to communicate the situation with U.S. Figure Skating’s Director of Sports Sciences & Medicine and/or Senior Director of Athlete High Performance. Under such circumstances, I authorize U.S. Figure Skating to request a Return-to-Plan Plan & Status Report (see Exhibit 5 - RETURN-TO-PLAY PLAN & STATUS REPORT REQUIREMENTS) from me and/or my healthcare provider(s) and that this information may be shared with select members of the International Committee Management Sub-Committee. I understand that all such communication will be handled with the utmost discretion and is incorporated for the sole purpose of enabling U.S. Figure Skating to help facilitate access to services that may support my effort to recover.
Failure to comply.
I, the skater, understand that if I individually fail to meet each of the competition readiness requirements defined by
U.S. Figure Skating, I may be deemed “not ready” or “unprepared” for competition, in which case, except for Senior Grand Prix events, the Grand Prix Final, the World Team Trophy, the ISU World Championships and the Olympic Winter Games, U.S. Figure Skating reserves the right to replace me on a team, or revoke all of my expense coverage related to my assigned competition (ex. travel, lodging, apparel, etc). For Senior Grand Prix events, U.S. Figure Skating reserves the right to decline to pay for travel and lodging expenses of my coach.

(post 126)

This might be the rule Rachael supposedly broke. Phil Hersh quoted the first third in his updated article, leaving the remaining sentences which detract from his case live linked, clauses which support the skater (at ISU Worlds) even though injured no matter the severity.

Coco
07-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Was there any truth to that rumor that someone saw Tom Z packing his things at the rink into a box?

olifaunt
07-09-2011, 02:19 AM
You'd think that if there was any truth to it, Max Aaron and Alex Johnson would announce that they were changing coaches.

Jenna
07-09-2011, 05:21 AM
Was there any truth to that rumor that someone saw Tom Z packing his things at the rink into a box?

:watch:

Spartacus
07-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Some things never change. :rolleyes:

olympic
07-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Any word on a coach for Rachael? We're creeping into mid-July here and I haven't seen any news. She will be quite busy with classes starting sometime in August, so I'd assume she's focusing on getting her skating life together now.

Also, anyone know if she's already in CA? Sorry, if this has been addressed already