PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Figure Skating reprimands, fines Rachael Flatt

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

RD
06-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Well...I suppose even if he is not disciplined by USFS, per se...practically all his big skaters left him (at once!), so perhaps it's Karma at work.

Still would like to see a case brought against him, though.

Coco
06-26-2011, 02:43 PM
The rule that RF violated applies only to athletes, though, doesn't it?

What rules apply to the coaches?

MacMadame
06-26-2011, 04:22 PM
And others are unhappy Tom Z wasn't singled out for censure - he was the coach responsible.

The article said they were still deliberating on his possible punishment. Somehow this has turned into "he wasn't punished!"

Be patient people...

Vagabond
06-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Be patient people...

We are! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5BwEom6Uag&feature=player_detailpage#t=61s) :watch:

madm
06-26-2011, 05:21 PM
The rule that RF violated applies only to athletes, though, doesn't it?

What rules apply to the coaches?

Tom Z. also signed the Competition Readiness Agreement along with Rachel.

Iceman
06-26-2011, 07:27 PM
I have a professional experience in physical therapy and I know very well that Rachael’s injury is very tricky. It can stop producing their symptoms during the general treatment and it seems that everything is practically OK. But it could get worse at any moment, especially in stressful situations. World championships are stressful for any athlete, even the most titled

I am very pleased with the fact that Rachael showed absolutely no reaction to these punitive actions. She didn’t react because she is the honest person who respects herself. She continued her involvement in various charitable performances which bring a real help to people.
http://worldskating.blogspot.com/2011/06/one-flew-over-officials-nest.html

Could someone refresh me on the quote symbols.

Mathman
06-26-2011, 07:53 PM
[quote]The Combine thus made an unprecedented gesture to all athletes - we are your guides, do not forget about it. Well, of course. After all, the Combine could theoretically replace a broken item and the production process could go on and bring the desired result at Worlds.[/*quote] Remove * :)

skateboy
06-27-2011, 01:17 AM
We are! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5BwEom6Uag&feature=player_detailpage#t=61s) :watch:

:rofl:

UMBS Go Blue
06-27-2011, 02:42 AM
Why is it so annoying to hear that Emily goes to Harvard or Rachael took AP Classes and is going to Stanford? Are they supposed to dumb themselves down to please you? Would you like a skater better if she got all C's and D's or dropped out of high school?ITA. To me, it isn't annoying. Pursuing high-level academics and getting into a good school is hard enough these days - doubly so while being a world-class figure skater or athlete at the same time. Academic achievements are absolutely admirable and should be repeated over and over, even more than it already is. :respec:

Moreover, it's safe to say that 99.9% of skaters never get to the level where Rachael is - being part of the World and Olympic teams. To the extent that skating is not a viable career option for them (being coaches, choreographers, physical trainers, etc.) after their competitive careers are over, they should be working just as hard, if not more, on their academic/professional qualifications to ensure that they'll be able to succeed in the world once skating is over.

I have seen a couple of posters that get overly annoyed about this, but I think most of us applaud skaters for being well-educated. It's just annoying to hear about nothing but grades and Ivy League schools every single time they take the ice. Before Rachael skated her Olympic LP, the commentators kept going on about how she was doing her homework all afternoon. The girl is at the Olympics and the only thing to mention about her is school? It's over the top.It's not over the top. Would you prefer that she booze, screw, and smoke her way through the Olympics and see that plastered all over the headlines instead?

Although I strongly dislike Rachael (and Tom)'s behavior in this scenario, the fact that she can achieve in both academics and skating shows that she's an incredibly grounded young person who, despite having risen to the pinnacle of her sport (qualifying for the Olympics) is making sure she doesn't neglect the real world.

Triple Butz
06-27-2011, 05:47 AM
It's not over the top. Would you prefer that she booze, screw, and smoke her way through the Olympics and see that plastered all over the headlines instead?
Sounds fun! But then again, I am a die-hard Tonya Harding fan...:hat1:

Allen
06-27-2011, 07:07 AM
It's not over the top. Would you prefer that she booze, screw, and smoke her way through the Olympics and see that plastered all over the headlines instead?

:cheer: I would definitely prefer that! :cheer:

That would certainly put a different spin on her East of Eden routine with its frenetic footwork ;)

Nomad
06-27-2011, 08:12 AM

Absolutely. "That fcuking skank Tammy Twizzle not only tried to swipe my smokes, she was hitting on one of my men, so yeah, I clocked the bitch with a beer bottle. Wouldn't you?" :P

leafygreens
06-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Tibia-gate

Sasha'sSpins
06-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Sounds fun! But then again, I am a die-hard Tonya Harding fan...:hat1:

Same here! :lol:

skateboy
06-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Absolutely. "That fcuking skank Tammy Twizzle not only tried to swipe my smokes, she was hitting on one of my men, so yeah, I clocked the bitch with a beer bottle. Wouldn't you?" :P