pinky33
06-15-2011, 08:22 PM
3rd Annual Tribute to Life
Saturday, August 13th, 2011
Seating opens at 6:30pm
Featuring National, International, & Olympic Figure Skating Sensations
and Adult National Medallists including:
JoJo Starbuck as Host3x United States Pair Skating Champion
2x World Medallist & 2x US Olympian (1968,1972)
Nicole BobekUnited States Champion
World Medallist & US Olympian (1998)
Ruslan Goncharov5x Ukrainian Ice Dance Champion
World Medallist & 3x Olympian (1998, 2002, 2006)

and many more...
Join us for a festive evening of activities,
remembrance for those we have lost,
and support for all those who fight
to win the battle with cancer
Events to include:
Silent Auction
Pre-Show BBQ
Post Show Meet & Greet
Autograph opportunities, and more...
All Proceeds to Benefit the
Helen & Harry Gray Cancer Center at Hartford Hospital
Newington Arena
300 Alumni Rd.
Newington, CT 06111
www.NewingtonArena.com

Garden Kitty
06-15-2011, 08:37 PM
How great of JoJo to host and help organize this show after all the work she put into her recent show in NJ. She always impresses me with her class and graciousness.

mmscfdcsu
06-15-2011, 08:39 PM
How great of JoJo to host and help organize this show after all the work she put into her recent show in NJ. She always impresses me with her class and graciousness.

ITA! She is a class act.

Jenna
06-15-2011, 10:36 PM
JoJo was a great host at Skate for Love back in April. Great to see she's doing another show too!

SaSherka
06-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Who is going?

gingercat
07-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Tickets are now on Sale - $25.00 pre purchase! There is a barbeque prior to the show, the details are on the web site for the rink. www.newingtonarena.com
Check it out!

skatemommy
07-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Any reports on Nicole? :watch:

gingercat
08-01-2011, 08:46 PM
It looks like Nicole is not coming now, but the Kerr's are!!! Some other new stars have been added to the line up! It will be a nice show for a wonderful cause!

gingercat
08-12-2011, 08:36 PM
This is the line up for the show! It is a wonderful cause, if you enjoy figure skating and cancer has touched your life, what a nice way to help out.

Pre-show opening music............................................. ..............."Chariots of Fire"
Kristen Vangsness......................................... .............................National Anthem "Star Spangled Banner"
Welcoming words
Presentation of Flowers of Appreciation to Hartford Hospital Staff

Megan Ciaglo............................................ ................................."When Will My Life Begin"
Sara Scollo............................................ ....................................."Cute Tango"
David Lecrenski......................................... ................................"Pirates of the Carribean"
Youth Ensemble.......................................... .............................."When You Wish Upon A Star"/"A Dream Is A Wish"
Sarah Bailey/Jimin Wang.............................................. ............"Unchained Melody"
Samantha March............................................. ..........................."Poker Face"
Friends........................................... ............................................"Amigos Para Siempre" Friends Forever
Meera Dhodapkar......................................... .............................."Britney Spears Medley"
Paul Rizzio............................................ ......................................"Harem"
Adult Ice Dance Ensemble.......................................... ..............."Viennese Waltz"
Teodora Markova........................................... ............................"Sirtaki" Zorba the Greek
Paulina Pawlak/Matt Gilles............................................ ..........." Rushmore Blues"
Michelle George............................................ ............................."Born This Way"
Sharon Funderburk........................................ ............................"A Moment Like This"
Viktoria Chiappa........................................... .............................."Don't Rain On My Parade"

INTERMISSION

Second half

Words from David Drake's Family
Christie Sausa............................................. ................................."Remember"
Ainsley McGill............................................ .................................."Tango"
Heather Hilgar............................................ ................................."You're Not Alone"
Alexa Simeca/Ivan Dimitrov.......................................... ............."Legend"
Krista Boulanger......................................... ................................."My Wish"
Liam Cowper............................................ ...................................."I Just Havn't Met You Yet"
Taryn Brandt............................................ ....................................."Hope"
Alina Milevska.......................................... ....................................."Rumba"
Chelsea Chiappa........................................... ................................."Over The Rainbow"
Brooklee Han............................................... .................................."Ave Maria"
Melanie Lambert/Fred Palasack.......................................... ........."Let's Go Crazy"
Sinead and John Kerr.............................................. ......................"Rolling In The Deep"
Finale Case.............................................. ......................................"Amigos Para Siempre"

Frau Muller
08-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I hope that the organization staging this benefit is in good standing with the IRS & that proceeds go to the announced cause. Sorry but after the Stars, Stripes, Skates fiasco...hard to not think about such things. I'm sure that 99% of such charitable shows pass muster with the IRS.

FigureSpins
08-12-2011, 08:50 PM
I hope that the organization staging this benefit is in good standing with the IRS & that proceeds go to the announced cause. Sorry but after the Stars, Stripes, Skates fiasco...hard to not think about such things. I'm sure that 99% of such charitable shows pass muster with the IRS.
It's not being organized by a charitable organization, so no worries there.

Nice lineup - hope FSWer sees this - I think it's his home rink.

gingercat
08-14-2011, 05:59 AM
What an incredible show!!! Congratulations to everyone involved, it justs gets better and better every year!