PDA

View Full Version : Adam Rippon to be coached by Jason Dungjen at Detroit SC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Sylvia
06-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Universal Sports is first to publish the USFS press release (I've removed the non-working Twitter link that I posted here originally) -- this link works:
http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/article/newsid=537612.html

genevieve
06-15-2011, 06:11 PM
link doesn't work...

is this just a post-Orser announcement, or a new change? I thought Rippon was going to stay in Canada with one of his (previous) secondary coaches?

flyingsit
06-15-2011, 06:16 PM
A new change. He thanked Brand (?) for his help during the "transition period."

mag
06-15-2011, 06:19 PM
The link worked for me. The article is dated June 15. Here is the link again - perhaps it will work now.

http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/article/newsid=537612.html

genevieve
06-15-2011, 06:25 PM
thanks mag, your link works for me.

Interesting that Adam and Jeremy will be training together (albeit Jeremy with Yuka and Adam with Jason)

sk9tingfan
06-15-2011, 06:29 PM
This is probably the most "zen" situation that Adam could hope for! So excited for him! He deserves a break! :)

Jaana
06-15-2011, 06:43 PM
So excited for him! He deserves a break! :) Why does Rippon deserve a break? I sure hope that he will fare better in next season, but that remains to be seen.

sk9tingfan
06-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Why does Rippon deserve a break? I sure hope that he will fare better in next season, but that remains to be seen.

I would counter with, why doesn't anyone deserve a break? IMO, I just think and believe so.

skatesindreams
06-15-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm glad to hear this.
I'll look forward to his progress, with a great season ahead

IMO, Adam was caught up in Brian Orser's "post Yu-Na fallout".
What looked to be a "good fit", with "ideal" potential, wasn't.

I'm happy that Adam has re-grouped; and is moving forward.

reese
06-15-2011, 07:13 PM
So now Jason and Yuka are separate coaching entities? You can pick just one? Hmm.

I guess things didn't work out with staying in Toronto. Adam can try to rewrite history, but I don't think he said anything about Brand only being a temporary, transitional coach when he switched to him a few months ago.

Jayar
06-15-2011, 07:20 PM
So now Jason and Yuka are separate coaching entities? You can pick just one? Hmm.

I guess things didn't work out with staying in Toronto. Adam can try to rewrite history, but I don't think he said anything about Brand only being a temporary, transitional coach when he switched to him a few months ago.

Jason is the secondary coach for Alisa and Jeremy. This arrangement would indicate to me that there is no conflict of interest in the training of Jeremy and Adam by the same coaching team. That's all.

BelleBway
06-15-2011, 07:21 PM
...the hell?! Not a comment on my opinion on this move per se (other than it seemingly coming from nowhere), but this post-season seems to be getting stranger and stranger... :shuffle:

isamelia
06-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Here's wishing Adam great success in this move! Detroit Skating Club is a wonderful training environment.

I want to see Angel Boy with his curls and in the zone this season. With Jason guiding him he will reach new goals.

Cheylana
06-15-2011, 08:03 PM
nm

axel12345
06-15-2011, 08:06 PM

I went back to listen to what he actually said in the two video interviews and the press release from April. In both interviews he seemed to correct the interviewer every time they suggested it was a coaching change and called it "position change" How did I miss that the first time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCTr7j7jPao
'It is more of a position change than a coaching change"

http://www.universalsports.com/video/assetid=eb02cbca-6467-4d66-bda7-732e4dea6068.html#catching+with+adam+rippon
"It's more of a position switch than it is a change"

April 1, 2011 USFS Press Release Quote:
"At this time I need a change in the way I've been training," Rippon said. "I've been working with Ghislain for more than two years, so the transition is natural and makes sense."