PDA

View Full Version : Adam Rippon to be coached by Jason Dungjen at Detroit SC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Allen
06-19-2011, 02:40 AM
Is that what you think? When I disagree with someone I tell them why and supply the documentation such as the interviews to show how I came to my conclusion and my interpretation of what I read. I dismissed him because he made statements without any fact and in my opinion it was based on his love for his skater, not logical facts that were available in things such as an interview. If he would have supplied another interview that I missed that clearly stated his point, I wouldn't have called him a Uber.

Wow, you just don't get it, do you? Yes, that interview provided some information, but we're never going to know the whole story to the coaching change or why it didn't work out and to be honest, it isn't our business. What point are you trying to prove anyway? That Orser knows best and Rippon wasn't open to his coaching?

ProgramerUSFS
06-19-2011, 02:49 AM
Wow, you just don't get it, do you? Yes, that interview provided some information, but we're never going to know the whole story to the coaching change or why it didn't work out and to be honest, it isn't our business. What point are you trying to prove anyway? That Orser knows best and Rippon wasn't open to his coaching?

No, this has gotten out of hand. It started back at quote 42 of this chain, when another poster said that Rippon had an ego and he didn't think he was telling the whole story. Syliva pointed out, that we may all never know and skaters don't need to share with us. I said that I didn't think Rippon at an ego etc, and that I feel basicly that Rippon was trying to call his own shots, and didn't want to do what Orser wanted him to. Then another person said I had no prof of this, in which case I pulled the interviews to show why I felt this way. Now we are back to the orser/rippon break up and its nuts. Lets get back to how great Adam is going to do at Nationals with Jason. My god guys!

oliver
06-19-2011, 02:49 AM
What is all this"peaking" too early stuff? You mean Adam could do a triple axle in September in Japan but not in January? He could do successful run-throughs of his program in the Fall but not get up for it when it mattered at Nationals? I think far too much emphasis is placed on "peaking." A skater has to be able to complete the jumps and have the requisite stamina long before the actual competitions. Perhaps the last little surge of emotional energy can be kept in reserve,but I doubt it. I think you will find that Michelle could put out her programs time after time well before the actual event.

Allen
06-19-2011, 02:57 AM
I said that I didn't think Rippon at an ego etc, and that I feel basicly that Rippon was trying to call his own shots, and didn't want to do what Orser wanted him to.

Okay, thanks, you just proved my point.

By the by, article or not, you have no real proof of any of this, so how about you let it go instead of telling everyone else to get back on topic.

ProgramerUSFS
06-19-2011, 03:03 AM
Okay, thanks, you just proved my point.

By the by, article or not, you have no real proof of any of this, so how about you let it go instead of telling everyone else to get back on topic.

Well this is why I call you an uber. See the article was a direct quote from Adams and Orsers mouth durring an interview with Hersh. Is there some reason that you don't like what he said? What point are you trying to make? Maybe you want to call Hersh then and have the blog pulled off the web so that others can't access it? I didn't ask them the questions and I didn't answer for them. Are you a IMG agent and didn't like it? If so, manage your skater so they know what to say then and stop trying to make everyone believe these things weren't said. Point is, you are creating more awareness to this by continuing, if you don't like it, drop it.

Allen
06-19-2011, 03:10 AM
Well this is why I call you an uber.

Well, as you have proved with the majority of you assertions in this thread, you are wrong and you seem okay with that, so I'll just go on and be okay with it as well.

By the way, the correct spelling is rough, not ruff.

ProgramerUSFS
06-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Well, as you have proved with the majority of you assertions in this thread, you are wrong and you seem okay with that, so I'll just go on and be okay with it as well.

By the way, the correct spelling is rough, not ruff.

I do apologize to everyone about my spelling and english skills, as they are not very good. Thanks for tolerating me.

bbkenn
06-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Well, wouldn't that be 13 or 14 times if you use Nicole Bobek as the example? :)

Exactly, and look what happened to her.

foreverkwanfan
06-19-2011, 10:44 PM
I don't think Adam called the shots at all. What I got from his interviews especially the ones for Lifeskate at Skate for Harlem was that Adam absorbs other peoples moods. Adam seems like a super sweet, nice guy and I would imagine when he doesn't skate well, he feels that he let Brian down, especially when Brain acts out his dissappointment. Adam doesn't need to be worrying about his coaches mood, he needs to focus on himself and his skating. I think Brian was very intense and he would show his frustration ( as we can see by the now infamous nationals SP kiss and cry scene) and by Brian acting out his frustration it made Adam feel 10 times worse and it brought Adam down.
I don't think Brian did anything wrong, he probably got frustrated because he knows Adam has the potential to be on the top, but it is how he displayed his frustration that wasn't so good.
I think Adam needs a very supportive team that builds him up and keeps the mood positive which in turn creates a good atmosphere for Adam to grow and develop.
Adam has a great work ethic and trains hard. If you watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0bIVfuh3-I
listen to Peter Curruthers go on about Adams technique at the end of the program and his muscle memory.
I Think Adam gets a little nervous and it causes a hesitation going into his jumps which then causes the jumps to fail. That is where the supportive coaching will come in.
I think this is a good move for Adam and great things will come of it.

Sylvia
06-19-2011, 10:50 PM
But really, its kind of like Sylvia said. If Adam didn't think he needed it, who are we to question why he would not take the advise of his coach Orser. Some of you make me wonder if you have to prove that Orser was wrong. I don't think you or anyone could prove that he was wrong, because everything points to the fact that he tried to help Rippon all he could. I am just pointing out that Rippon didn't take Orsers advise all the time, and Sylvia who has allot more experience then me, says that skaters don't need to take their coaches advise, no mater how good the coach is.
Please don't twist my words around to suit your opinions. Thank you.

kwanette
06-19-2011, 10:59 PM
I don't think Adam called the shots at all. What I got from his interviews especially the ones for Lifeskate at Skate for Harlem was that Adam absorbs other peoples moods. Adam seems like a super sweet, nice guy and I would imagine when he doesn't skate well, he feels that he let Brian down, especially when Brain acts out his dissappointment. Adam doesn't need to be worrying about his coaches mood, he needs to focus on himself and his skating. I think Brian was very intense and he would show his frustration ( as we can see by the now infamous nationals SP kiss and cry scene) and by Brian acting out his frustration it made Adam feel 10 times worse and it brought Adam down.
I don't think Brian did anything wrong, he probably got frustrated because he knows Adam has the potential to be on the top, but it is how he displayed his frustration that wasn't so good.
I think Adam needs a very supportive team that builds him up and keeps the mood positive which in turn creates a good atmosphere for Adam to grow and develop.
Adam has a great work ethic and trains hard. If you watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0bIVfuh3-I
listen to Peter Curruthers go on about Adams technique at the end of the program and his muscle memory.
I Think Adam gets a little nervous and it causes a hesitation going into his jumps which then causes the jumps to fail. That is where the supportive coaching will come in.
I think this is a good move for Adam and great things will come of it.

I'm out of reps for you...

And thanks for the link. I love that performance.

fan
06-20-2011, 01:31 AM
This is not the Adam I know. I've trained with him for several years. When he comes home and skates he's still the same great kid he's always been. He hasn't changed since becoming an elite skater and I doubt he ever will.
I'm a bit late to this thread, but I just want to say ditto. I skate at the cricket, and Adam is as humble and warm as they come (though quite shy when you first meet him). His new rink mates are lucky and I'll miss him

ks777
06-20-2011, 02:57 AM
:watch:

nikjil
06-20-2011, 01:08 PM
I always admire those skaters and coaches who stay together for years and years, but I don't really think that is the norm. I think that at different points in our life we respond to different personalities and different types of input. Orser may have been the perfect coach for Adam when he switched to him but as Adam has changed and grown, with no blame to either person, Adam may just need someone different.

When I was in college my senior thesis advisor quit on me on the first day of the semester and I ended up with a new guy who had just started at the college. If it had been a long term situation, like a doctoral thesis, he probably would have made me nuts and at later points in my life, I know it wouldn't have worked. However, for that year, he was perfect. I was really down and needed someone who was positive and affirming and encouraged me to experiment and he was all of that. Three years later, when I did a third-year thesis in law school I wanted advisors who were more critical and pushed more and got them. At that point, someone who didn't push me and was constantly positive would just not have worked.

skatesindreams
06-20-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm out of reps for you...

And thanks for the link. I love that performance.

I did "rep" - on your behalf,