PDA

View Full Version : Adam Rippon to be coached by Jason Dungjen at Detroit SC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

t.mann
06-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Jeremy Abbott (@jeremyabbottpcf) tweeted today:

Now that the cats out of the bag I'd like to extend a warm welcome to @Adaripp [Adam Rippon] I'm really excited to be training together! :)

Jeremy is a real classy man.

OrioleBeagle
06-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Now that Adam and Jeremy are training together, dare I hope for a duet featuring SBS Russian split jumps, skid spirals, and spread eagles?? :cool:

I would like to see them do a program with Alissa. It would be gorgeous!

kwanette
06-17-2011, 11:21 AM
I would like to see them do a program with Alissa. It would be gorgeous!

I agree...haven't seen a great trio since..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N0_DeGtmLg

Proustable
06-17-2011, 02:44 PM
1. I'd like echo t.mann - I've always been impressed with Abbott's class and this is no exception. Also, kudos to Rippon for talking to Abbott before announcing/finalizing his decision.

2. I'm not sure I'd write Adam off so quickly, pinky. Yuka and Jason did wonders for Alissa and I think they could help Adam with some of his difficulties.

3. In reports and interviews, Adam has struck me as being one of the nicest and most genuine skaters out there.

Iceman
06-17-2011, 03:16 PM
His indecisiveness in finally settling on a coach is , in part, one of the things that infects his skating. I think it will take more than one season with his new coach to sort all this out.

skatesindreams
06-17-2011, 03:24 PM
^^^
UGH!

edonice
06-17-2011, 04:51 PM
My guess is that Adam was hoping to stay in Toronto because he was already comfortable there, but training every day on the same ice as Brian Orser was more stressful than he anticipated. Brian Orser is really invested in all his skaters, and to lose a skater for whatever reason has to be heartbreaking. There must have been some sadness on both sides, and that doesn't make for a positive training environment.

Going to a new rink is the breath of fresh air Adam needs to keep his skating moving forward, and based on Jeremy's tweets, it seems that he's already been welcomed with open arms. How great for him! And this only furthers my respect for Yuka and Jason, since they seem to be fostering a sense of real community and love for skating in their rink.

paskatefan
06-17-2011, 04:52 PM
My guess is that Adam was hoping to stay in Toronto because he was already comfortable there, but training every day on the same ice as Brian Orser was more stressful than he anticipated. Brian Orser is really invested in all his skaters, and to lose a skater for whatever reason has to be heartbreaking. There must have been some sadness on both sides, and that doesn't make for a positive training environment.

Going to a new rink is the breath of fresh air Adam needs to keep his skating moving forward, and based on Jeremy's tweets, it seems that he's already been welcomed with open arms. How great for him! And this only furthers my respect for Yuka and Jason, since they seem to be fostering a sense of real community and love for skating in their rink.

:respec:

skatesindreams
06-17-2011, 05:04 PM
^^^
This!

Beefcake
06-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Jeremy Abbott
My @Adaripp hashtag didn't work, so let's try again! #onetwo2012! @dscclub
I am Beefcake, and I approve this message. :kickass:

aftershocks
06-17-2011, 09:40 PM
ITA @edonice!

Thanks for that link, kwanette. :) Great to see that performance again -- so unexpected and enjoyable to watch. It was a good quality clip too.

Love your thinking LilJen and OrioleBeagle: A duet with Jeremy and Adam, and a trio performance with Jere, AdaRipp and Alissa. What lovely images such possibilities conjure. Maybe Denis Petukhov, or Shae Lynn Bourne, or Tom Dickson could do the choreography for such duet or trio programs. :swoon:

jlai
06-17-2011, 10:20 PM
I've always thought that having a training partner could be a good thing for Jeremy. That competitive Colorado Springs environment was what helped him improve competitively (eventually)

blue_idealist
06-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Jeremy is such a nice guy, so supportive of his competitors and quite gracious in defeat.

olympic
06-18-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm really starting to like Adam pairing w/ Jason Dungjen. Wasn't Jason the one who stripped down Alissa's jumps and made her technique better? Maybe he can do the same w/ Adam's 3x? Hopefully, he can also encourage Adam w/ the 4lutz or whichever quad Adam can complete...

kwanette
06-18-2011, 01:52 PM
His indecisiveness in finally settling on a coach is , in part, one of the things that infects his skating. I think it will take more than one season with his new coach to sort all this out.

What indecisiveness?

He was literally abandoned by Morosov...taught himself the 3 axel...Paul Wylie helped him out a bit..and I suspect Paul helped with the Orser connection..I'm not blaming either Adam or Brian for their relationship not working out..and since neither is saying much..not a bad thing..we don't know what happened..If Adam is happy with Jason, good for him..Time will tell..