PDA

View Full Version : Adam Rippon to be coached by Jason Dungjen at Detroit SC

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

ProgramerUSFS
06-16-2011, 04:24 AM
My overall impression of Rippon's press releases/interviews/articles is that he initially intended and wanted to stay in Toronto and continue working with Ghislain Briand. Something (or things) obviously changed his mind since April 1st and, simply put, he's entitled to change his mind. And, IMO, he doesn't have to reveal "what is really going on" (if anything) to the public. Just my two cents.

I totally agree with you Sylvia, but that mentality has created a billion dollar media industry for folks to get the real scoop. You know those papers everyone buys at the grocery store on the movie stars. They don't want to tell the real story about whats going on as well. FSU has much the same appeal to myself and others. Its that smell of deception that gets us all talking. I think this is what sells the news, and therefore motivates Philip Hersh and others like him to dig into the story.

Now that he has switched to and from multiple coaches at the same rink, and left behind what he refers to in his interviews as his coaching team. How many others I am not sure. Logic would suggest that there is something at that rink that he doesn't want to watch, compete with, or see. Maybe there is a younger male skater there who is chasing him, and he doesn't like to be chased and caught, but would rather chase say Jeremy. I don't know, do you know what is going on? Maybe this is all just some change of his mind every few months, but my gut tells me there is more to this story. Inquiring minds want to know.

Sylvia
06-16-2011, 04:49 AM
If I knew anything personal or private about a skater, I certainly wouldn't share it on a public message board. Sorry to disappoint "inquiring minds."

ProgramerUSFS
06-16-2011, 05:09 AM
If I knew anything personal or private about a skater, I certainly wouldn't share it on a public message board. Sorry to disappoint "inquiring minds."

As one of the most respected information gathers in the skating world, I wouldn't expect you to share information about skaters on a public message board. But someone will do so, and satisfy all of our "inquiring minds".

aftershocks
06-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Oh my gosh, Adam is the cutest, sweetest, most adorable young man. I absolutely love those curls. kwanette, where are you? :) Did you see the way Adam kept pushing his curls back, and they kept springing forward again. What gorgeous hair ... running one's fingers through kind of hair -- I'm anticipating ever more gorgeous skating too from the Rippster next season! AdaRipp, Ripp On!

Laughable someone finds Adam seemingly giving off an "entitlement" vibe in interviews. Unbelievable, as I get quite the opposite impression. He is very honest, very classy, very down-to-earth, very modest, while also very confident of his abilities. Coming from a large family, as Adam does, I am quite sure there is not one iota of a sense of entitlement feeling in any part of him. His youth and joyfulness and love of skating shine through in this interview. He was very straightforward in answering the question about Jeremy. And obviously, Jeremy, Yuka and Jason are all classy, mature individuals too. I hope Jeremy and Adam have a great season, and push each other to new levels of excellence.

As far as reasons for Adam making this particular change, I agree with Garden Kitty and Sylvia. In any case, why do the details matter to you so much, ProgramerUSFS? I doubt there is anything earth-shattering or controversial to uncover.

olympic
06-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Two top US Guys at the same facility...:watch:

Mmmm. I think Dorny has something to say about those rankings. :P

foreverkwanfan
06-16-2011, 09:28 AM
I find Adam to be as humble as they come, he's almost too humble.

Jaana
06-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I would counter with, why doesn't anyone deserve a break? IMO, I just think and believe so.

I always think that deserving something should be earned.

paskatefan
06-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Oh my gosh, Adam is the cutest, sweetest, most adorable young man. I absolutely love those curls. kwanette, where are you? :) Did you see the way Adam kept pushing his curls back, and they kept springing forward again. What gorgeous hair ... running one's fingers through kind of hair -- I'm anticipating ever more gorgeous skating too from the Ripster next season! AdaRip, Rip On!

Laughable someone finds Adam seemingly giving off an "entitlement" vibe in interviews. Unbelievable, as I get quite the opposite impression. He is very honest, very classy, very down-to-earth, very modest, while also very confident of his abilities. Coming from a large family, as Adam does, I am quite sure there is not one iota of a sense of entitlement feeling in any part of him. His youth and joyfulness and love of skating shine through in this interview. He was very straightforward in answering the question about Jeremy. And obviously, Jeremy, Yuka and Jason are all classy, mature individuals too. I hope Jeremy and Adam have a great season, and push each other to new levels of excellence.

:encore:

RumbleFish
06-16-2011, 01:13 PM
I find Rippon opportunistic and phony as his quad lutz. lol

kwanette
06-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Oh my gosh, Adam is the cutest, sweetest, most adorable young man. I absolutely love those curls. kwanette, where are you? :) Did you see the way Adam kept pushing his curls back, and they kept springing forward again. What gorgeous hair ... running one's fingers through kind of hair -- I'm anticipating ever more gorgeous skating too from the Ripster next season! AdaRip, Rip On!

As far as reasons for Adam making this particular change, I agree with Garden Kitty. In any case, why do the details matter to you so much, ProgramerUSFS? I doubt there is anything earth-shattering or controversial to uncover.

kwanette is right here and loving Angel Boy to death. Having met Adam on a few occasions and having had a few lengthy conversations with him, he is so humble, so appreciative, so down-to-earth..just darling..I love his skating and I love him..and I hope that great things are in store for him this yr..

kwanfan1818
06-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Rippon is a very well brought up young man.

This is great news for him!

Cheylana
06-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Huh? Did Adam pee in YuNa's cornflakes? :confused:

Allisanna
06-16-2011, 05:46 PM
I love Adam's skating, but something about many of his interviews over the past year or so have really rubbed me the wrong way. Some kind of subtle ego/entitlement thing that I can't really put my finger on.

This is not the Adam I know. I've trained with him for several years. When he comes home and skates he's still the same great kid he's always been. He hasn't changed since becoming an elite skater and I doubt he ever will.

aftershocks
06-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks kwanette and Allisanna for sharing your knowlege of AdaRipp (how wonderful to have met and talked to Rippon, and gotten to know him during training).

To all those sensing something in Adam which doesn't exist, perhaps you are projecting much. Oftentimes many of us need to pause, get up from the computer screen or television screen and go take a good long look in the mirror.

I think Adam's genuine humility, hard work, love of the sport, classiness, respectfulness and appreciation for his fans is quite evident. He's also eager to win obviously, as those who reach the top of this sport must have desire and ambition, along with the talent and motivation to work hard. Luck and being in the right coaching environment are also important factors. Kudos to Jeremy, Yuka and Jason for having welcomed Adam into their coaching environment. Wishing great success and a rewarding season for all. Certainly, the ice dancing powerhouse that Detroit has become is an excellent model for how top level skaters who compete against each other can also train together amicably and reach great heights simultaneously.

Seriously, skating can be a very humbling sport, as well as very revealing of one's true character. Phoniness, haughtiness, and feelings of entitlement will either prevent you from progressing very far or such traits/ attitudes will get knocked out of you fairly quickly on the ice. In any case, these attitudes are probably more prevalent among fans than they are among skaters, IMHO.

skatesindreams
06-16-2011, 07:42 PM
For those of us who admire Adam, this program is one reason why:

"Cinema Paradiso" EX Skate Canada 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VP4lTJ--jY

"Cinema Paradiso" EX "The Ice" Japan 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmn-SdNpEbk