PDA

View Full Version : Adam Rippon to be coached by Jason Dungjen at Detroit SC

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Theatregirl1122
06-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Two top US Guys at the same facility...:watch:

Seems to have worked for the ice dance teams. Or some of them.

jlai
06-16-2011, 12:22 AM
A while back a bunch of skaters rushed to camp Carroll and camp Tom Z. In a few years some who wanted miracle workers will move on to another supposedly "miraculous" coach.

It all seems to go in cycles.

rfisher
06-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Jason/Yuka are doing good things. Maybe Yuka can choreograph something for Adam. I really hope to see Adam reach his full potential.

figurefan
06-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Good move for Adam!

I would not be shocked if we see an Olympic Gold Medalist come out of the Jason/Yuka camp. They really seem to have the right mix of coaching styles. They can help skaters with the mental stuff and also help them improve technically. Adam is like Czisny and Abbott...he has the right stuff, just needs someone to help him reign it in.

ProgramerUSFS
06-16-2011, 12:58 AM
Something is very strange about this. His change to Briand was not temporary, as I have just read every article and interview of both Rippon and Briand. In fact, both indicated that they were intending to work together this year and maybe make history with the 4Lz. Although this change, I think is correct for him, given his nerves and issues competing. It leaves me wondering if there are younger skaters getting more attention. After all, the babies are the next crop of corn. I had a friend at the cricket at one time, but not anymore. Anybody know whats going on or who is training at the cricket? Any younger male skaters there? I wonder.

orbitz
06-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Jason is the secondary coach for Alisa and Jeremy.

Is Jason really the 2ndary coach for Alisa? She seems to prefer having Jason standing by the barrier while she competes.

B.Cooper
06-16-2011, 01:03 AM
Just out of curiosity, are the elite sessions beginning to get alittle crowded at DSC? Or, do the skaters skate at several local rinks? With all the changes this season, seems that DSC has pick up it's fair share of skaters, relocating from other coaches/rinks. :-)

Athena
06-16-2011, 01:06 AM
I was wondering about that too. DSC rink will get really crowded. But good move for Adam!

mgobluegirl
06-16-2011, 01:51 AM
Just out of curiosity, are the elite sessions beginning to get alittle crowded at DSC? Or, do the skaters skate at several local rinks? With all the changes this season, seems that DSC has pick up it's fair share of skaters, relocating from other coaches/rinks. :-)

I'm pretty sure they skate mostly or exclusively at DSC, but DSC has three ice surfaces running all day, with several elite (international competitors only) sessions and more sessions for novice-senior skaters only.

LilJen
06-16-2011, 02:15 AM
Wow. Good luck to Angel Boy! (and I'm excited to hear Shae-Lynn Bourne is choreographing his SP. That should be very cool. And should bring out yet more Tiger Beat readers/admirers :lol:)

reese
06-16-2011, 03:04 AM
I love Adam's skating, but something about many of his interviews over the past year or so have really rubbed me the wrong way. Some kind of subtle ego/entitlement thing that I can't really put my finger on.

Anyway, I hope Detroit works for him. I still see Jeremy and Adam as 1 and 2 in the US (with Dornbush a close 3) and I think it could be tricky with them training under the same team. But we'll see. It's worked out (to my amazement) so far with Virtue/Moir and Davis/White. I was happy to hear in today's skype interview that Adam personally spoke to Jeremy before making the final decision.

ProgramerUSFS
06-16-2011, 03:12 AM
I love Adam's skating, but something about many of his interviews over the past year or so have really rubbed me the wrong way. Some kind of subtle ego/entitlement thing that I can't really put my finger on.

Anyway, I hope Detroit works for him. I still see Jeremy and Adam as 1 and 2 in the US (with Dornbush a close 3) and I think it could be tricky with them training under the same team. But we'll see. It's worked out (to my amazement) so far with Virtue/Moir and Davis/White. I was happy to hear in today's skype interview that Adam personally spoke to Jeremy before making the final decision.

I think Adam has great potential to perform beter then even Jeremy if he is on. And I even understand the logic in DSC for him at this time. I have watched the interviews like you have, and I don't see him as an ego/entitlement thing, but more like he is telling a story, and its not what is really going on. Just my observations of the interviews.

Ziggy
06-16-2011, 03:32 AM
A while back a bunch of skaters rushed to camp Carroll and camp Tom Z. In a few years some who wanted miracle workers will move on to another supposedly "miraculous" coach.

It all seems to go in cycles.

Yep, that's how it works.

That's not to say Yuka and Jason aren't good coaches. They worked wonders for Czisny.

Sylvia
06-16-2011, 03:44 AM
I have watched the interviews like you have, and I don't see him as an ego/entitlement thing, but more like he is telling a story, and its not what is really going on. Just my observations of the interviews.
My overall impression of Rippon's press releases/interviews/articles is that he initially intended and wanted to stay in Toronto and continue working with Ghislain Briand. Something (or things) obviously changed his mind since April 1st and, simply put, he's entitled to change his mind. And, IMO, he doesn't have to reveal "what is really going on" (if anything) to the public. Just my two cents.

Theatregirl1122
06-16-2011, 04:06 AM
My overall impression of Rippon's press releases/interviews/articles is that he initially intended and wanted to stay in Toronto and continue working with Ghislain Briand. Something (or things) obviously changed his mind since April 1st and, simply put, he's entitled to change his mind. And, IMO, he doesn't have to reveal "what is really going on" (if anything) to the public. Just my two cents.

Thank you. Maybe Adam intended to stay in Toronto with Briand and he changed his mind, or maybe he intended to consider his options and possibly stay with Briand but didn't want to announce that he was looking for a coach if there was a possibility of staying where he was. What ever it is, I'm thrilled that Adam will be in Detroit and I hope I get to see him at some point this year. He has a lot of potential and I don't think he's done yet. Obviously he needed to make a change, and hopefully this will be a good change for him.