View Full Version : Adam Rippon to be coached by Jason Dungjen at Detroit SC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

kwanette
06-20-2011, 03:09 PM
I did "rep" - on your behalf,

Thanks!

Sylvia
06-29-2011, 12:36 PM
There's a short Q&A with Rippon at the end of this Detroit Free Press article (Jo-Ann Barnas chatted with him after practice on Tuesday): http://www.freep.com/article/20110629/SPORTS17/106290385/1048/sports

olympic
06-29-2011, 12:55 PM
There's a short Q&A with Rippon at the end of this Detroit Free Press article (Jo-Ann Barnas chatted with him after practice on Tuesday): http://www.freep.com/article/20110629/SPORTS17/106290385/1048/sports

That was short but exciting to read -

1. He mentions he actually had a tryout w/ Frank Carroll

2. He hints that Jason may pursue the same technique transformation with him that was done w/ Alissa.

3. He's feeling confident with the 4lutz

Lizziebeth
06-29-2011, 12:59 PM
sidebar down the left side of the page says Evan Bates is teaming with Madison Chock.

Ziggy
06-29-2011, 01:42 PM
2. He hints that Jason may pursue the same technique transformation with him that was done w/ Alissa.

That would be very welcome. Especially as far as basics are concerned.

kwanette
06-29-2011, 01:51 PM
I always want my favorite skaters to be coached by Frank Carroll..but since Evan is coming back..I am glad that Adam is with Jason..I loved his interview, he is so gracious..

olympic
06-29-2011, 02:22 PM
sidebar down the left side of the page says Evan Bates is teaming with Madison Chock.

That's big news, but come to think of it, not surprising since they were at the same rink, right? Probably merits its own thread???

Skittl1321
06-29-2011, 02:32 PM
I wonder if the Frank Carroll tryout didn't win out because Frank said no, or Adam decided it wasn't the right rink for him? Saw he tried out Colorado Springs- thank goodness he didn't go there!

Interesting he was/is? living with Alissa- and not at all surprising she's a model-athlete.

sk9tingfan
06-29-2011, 02:41 PM
I wonder if the Frank Carroll tryout didn't win out because Frank said no, or Adam decided it wasn't the right rink for him? Saw he tried out Colorado Springs- thank goodness he didn't go there!

Interesting he was/is? living with Alissa- and not at all surprising she's a model-athlete.

I think that when you look at how many skaters Frank is coaching, even with assistants, that maybe, he wouldn't have had enough quality time to spend with Adam. I'm not surprised at all that he turned down this option.

Sylvia
06-29-2011, 02:43 PM
olympic, I've already posted the Chock/Bates news in the Samuelson/Bates split thread.

I wonder if the Frank Carroll tryout didn't win out because Frank said no, or Adam decided it wasn't the right rink for him?
Or it could have been both.

olympic
06-29-2011, 02:57 PM
That would be very welcome. Especially as far as basics are concerned.

Agreed. Hopefully, he can reclaim the 3x this way

Sedge
06-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I wonder if the Frank Carroll tryout didn't win out because Frank said no, or Adam decided it wasn't the right rink for him? S

This quote from the recent Phil Hersh article..may have referred to Adam

Lysacek, who turned 26 on June 4, has not competed since the Vancouver Olympics. But throughout last winter, when he was on tour with Stars on Ice, the skater from Naperville frequently would call Carroll to say how much he missed skating and intensive training for competition. The coach sensed Lysacek was thinking about a comeback.

Another skater recently had asked Carroll about training with him. The coach would not take that skater if Lysacek wanted to try to compete again, so Carroll told Lysacek he needed to make a decision by mid-June.

semogal
06-29-2011, 06:37 PM

So much news in this article and much fodder for discussion. Found the remarks on Rippon, found the remarks on Bates/Chock. Where are the snarks, I mean remarks about that photo of jeremy?

Sylvia
06-29-2011, 07:16 PM
So much news in this article and much fodder for discussion. Found the remarks on Rippon, found the remarks on Bates/Chock. Where are the snarks, I mean remarks about that photo of jeremy?
Feel free to snark or comment away in this thread in the Trash Can ;): Abbott goes blond! (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78324)

Civic
06-29-2011, 08:04 PM
^^^ This. :respec:
I still don't see a lot of acrimony or indecisiveness in any of their statements.
A difference of opinion regarding training styles is not uncommon, nor is it worthy of blaming anyone.

Rock bands break up all the time when the members have conflicting artistic visions or goals. Why should elite sports be any different?