PDA

View Full Version : Moms fit to be "Thai'ed"

skateboy
06-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm indirectly involved in this and it's on national TV tomorrow morning (!).

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/moms_are_fit_to_be_thai_ed_eo0UWkTWnEPQRjDK1qDb8O

Here's the thing: I've been on the phone and dealing with ABC News/Good Morning America all day. I'm the opera manager for Marcella Caprario (the accused). In fact, she was singing in a couple of the links I posted recently in the thread "Any opera lovers out there?" Here's the scoop:

This morning I received an e-mail from someone professing to be from ABC News/Good Morning America, asking if he could have permission to air the video clip I posted of Marcella on YouTube. It sounded fishy, but there was a name and phone number so I called. The guy said that Good Morning America would be running a story on Marcella tomorrow, having to do with her having been involved in an altercation in a grocery store. It sounded very unlikely to me, so I said no.

Then I called Marcella to tell her about this. She called me back almost immediately and said yes, it was true--the whole thing was crazy and catapulted out of proportion. She said she was fine with GMA showing the video clip of her singing. So I called back and gave them permission to air it (I had to put this in writing via e-mail as well). I then received a call from another executive at GMA asking for a headshot and any publicity materials regarding Marcella, which I sent.

I did make sure to tell the people at GMA that Marcella is a PROFESSIONAL singer, not an amateur (as stated in the Post). She's also not a mom (also stated in the Post). Marcella is in court today (causing her to miss an audition for Connecticut Lyric Opera). While I can't imagine GMA airing more than a few seconds of the video from our concert (if they end up showing it at all), who knows, maybe Marcella will get some good publicity from this national exposure! Here's the video clip they plan to air tomorrow (that's me playing piano): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=548bEpbHMXI

PeterG
06-14-2011, 10:41 PM
You are very upfront about knowing this person. How strange.

:P

genevieve
06-14-2011, 10:44 PM
I can only hope this story gets enough traction to have an SNL spoof on a week with Jane Lynch guesting - Dr London is a dead ringer for Sue Sylvester! As a redhead, anyway :P

skateboy
06-14-2011, 11:07 PM
I can only hope this story gets enough traction to have an SNL spoof on a week with Jane Lynch guesting - Dr London is a dead ringer for Sue Sylvester! As a redhead, anyway :P

Geez, you're right! I knew she reminded me of somebody... :rollin:

milanessa
06-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Well, it's one way to get on the news.

BigB08822
06-15-2011, 12:46 AM
You know what they say: No press is bad press!

skateboy
06-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Update: Marcella was found not guilty on both charges.

The only reason this hit the news was because the accuser has somewhat of a high profile in NYC (although I've never heard of her). Turns out she hired publicists to get this in the papers and on television. So stupid--I think there is more important news to report!