View Full Version : Javier Fernández left Morozov to train with Orser

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

skatefan
06-19-2011, 04:53 PM
^^^^

:lol: Neither can I :)

Pratfall
06-19-2011, 06:24 PM
None of of could see how hard Javier was working outside of competition.. but it was completely obvious to anyone with half an eye where most of Morozov's attention was focused all season...so I'd take Javi's word over the proverbial "they".

I hope the switch works out for him. It's bound to be an improvement.

robinhood
06-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Javi reminds me of Brian sometimes!;)

Anyway, the drop off of Morozov is de puta madre and that's a huge bonus. I hope all goes well for him, and let's see more quads!!

aemeraldrainc
10-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Anyway, the drop off of Morozov is de puta madre and that's a huge bonus. I hope all goes well for him, and let's see more quads!!

Hell yeah! :lol:

New interview:

http://www.figureskating-online.com/javier-fernandez.html

Thanks to SkateFiguring from GS. Hope she/he doesn't mind.

aemeraldrainc
10-10-2011, 04:28 PM
New short program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TpjAv48PNE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

New long program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYing06WqeI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What do you guys think?

Finnice
10-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Hell yeah! :lol:

New interview:

http://www.figureskating-online.com/javier-fernandez.html

Thanks to SkateFiguring from GS. Hope she/he doesn't mind.

Thanks! He is so sunny and funny!

Vagabond
10-10-2011, 05:36 PM
What do you guys think?

:swoon:

He's finally getting the choreography (and music) he deserves. Now, if he can only execute the programs to their potential!

Debrah
10-10-2011, 06:01 PM
What a huge improvement in style and musicality already: Orser's style works really well for Fernandez, they even look so similar, but I don't want him to be a complete clone, perhaps best done as an homage, as there should only be 1 Orser and the Spanish dude needs to develop a style all his own, esp., if he is to break into the higher echelson of male skating...but still a huge step up for Fernandez in terms of costuming, choreo, overall packaging etc..

peibeck
10-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Aside from being so far from his family and friends it sounds like this is a new, good coaching situation for him. I like that he is also drawing attention to the sport in Spain and hopes to go back and coach there when he leaves eligible skating. :cheer:

aftershocks
10-10-2011, 07:23 PM
"Ah, in the sport I really don't like the people who want to go to Europeans or anything and use stuff that's not allowed, because I personally don't like it."

Wonder what Javi means by the above? He was responding to a question about what he thinks about the sport of fs. Sounds like he really enjoys skating, but does not really like some of the people and "stuff" that comes along with the sport. Does anyone in the know :sekret: understand what he means?

"All sports are different, there is many in this sport that I understand, but I don't understand it all." Maybe he's talking about the rules, here?

I love Javi's skating and I'm glad to see it's working out for him with Orser. I wish the sport would award separate medals (not just the small ones) for both sp and lp, and then an all-around medal that takes precedence over all (as in gymnastics), and then a team medal. That would better reward the great depth and talent of the skaters. Gosh the sport has stayed too stuck in the past and it's elitist notions.

hanca
10-10-2011, 07:29 PM
"Ah, in the sport I really don't like the people who want to go to Europeans or anything and use stuff that's not allowed, because I personally don't like it."

Wonder what Javi means by the above? He was responding to a question about what he thinks about the sport of fs. Sounds like he really enjoys skating, but does not really like some of the people and "stuff" that comes along with the sport. Does anyone in the know :sekret: understand what he means?

I thought that was pretty obvious what he means. Dig at Morozov/Amodio, isn't it? Who went to Worlds and did something that was not allowed according to the rules (and got away with it)? :lol:

aemeraldrainc
10-10-2011, 07:56 PM
I thought that was pretty obvious what he means. Dig at Morozov/Amodio, isn't it? Who went to Worlds and did something that was not allowed according to the rules (and got away with it)? :lol:

:rofl:
I thought he meant like steroids or something. Lmao!

aftershocks
10-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Ha ha, thanks hanca. Guess I should have realized that one! Part of the difficulty I guess is that he's not speaking in his native language, but as you say, that is a pretty clear "dig" when placed in context.

Javi definitely does seem to have a good heart, and enjoys being happy. Hope his new environment remains a happy one for him. Cool that he finds Orser "happy all the time," and "kind of my Dad in Canada." Is Patrick Chan now training back in Canada? I'm sure Patrick is a cool guy to be around, but I had to laugh when Javi said, "I'm a happy person. I like to be myself. That's the same thing I like about Patrick Chan." Then Javi said, "The people who are like, 'I'm the best.' I don't like those people." Of course, Javi went on to say, "I don't like those people who are mad everyday." So, once again, it's seems clear here that he's referring to Amodio -- (as Amodio's recent skating performances do not seem to come from a happy place).

Agree that Javi's new programs are a good direction to take for him. He was a bit rusty on his jumps at Nebelhorn, but his lp in particular looks good and will probably improve a great deal over the season. I enjoy that music for him -- he is still young and needs to develop his own unique style.

Primorskaya
10-10-2011, 08:58 PM
New short program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TpjAv48PNE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

New long program:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYing06WqeI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What do you guys think?

Well going by those two programmes it seems the change is positive! Looks like Javi was not getting on well with Amodio, I've no idea how much they trained together by he's being pretty clear about his feelings in the interviews!

I'm glad his costumes will not make my eyes bleed like that thing he wore for his Ny Pogodi LP. :yikes: I don't know what judges make of these costume choices, but this was distracting to say the least, and might mean you're not taken as seriously as a skater, even if it's only on a subjective level.

I think he's still looking for his own style a bit, but that's normal, and it's cool he's experimenting with different musical styles.
Quite a lot of guys seem to be using jazzy/bluesy stuff this season, I'm rather liking this.

overedge
10-10-2011, 09:07 PM
I agree that in both programs he kind of looks like an Orser clone, but I would take that any day over the Morozov-clone programs he had last year.