PDA

View Full Version : Javier Fernández left Morozov to train with Orser

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

manhn
06-17-2011, 03:59 AM
Adam had axel problems long before he went to Orser (I thought it improved with Orser). I haven't seen much of Gao to formulate any opinion of her, but what was wrong with Yu Na's axels?

seabm7
06-17-2011, 04:06 AM
Adam had axel problems long before he went to Orser (I thought it improved with Orser). I haven't seen much of Gao to formulate any opinion of her, but what was wrong with Yu Na's axels?

Nothing. People were discussing Adam's and Christina's axels, not Yu Na's :)

Sylvia
06-17-2011, 04:17 AM
June 16th interview with Javier Fernández (in Spanish): http://hieloespanol.blogspot.com/2011/06/entrevista-javier-fernandez-si-sigo.html

bardtoob
06-17-2011, 07:32 PM
How refreshing! He wants to focus on his basics.

Lara
06-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Highlights of the interview:

He was happy to have landed his first competition quad but expected it this season since he'd been doing it in practice.

At Spanish Nats he had a warmup fall and needed medical attention on his hand, during which his muscles cooled down too much and he had no time to warm up again. (Did he withdraw or skate poorly?)

He specifically states Morozov giving increasing attention to Amodio as a reason for moving on.

He's never worked with Orser before so has basically no idea how it will turn out. He does plan on working on his basic skating (good!)

David Wilson is a possible/probable choreographer but it's not been finalized yet.

ks1227
06-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Highlights of the interview:

He specifically states Morozov giving increasing attention to Amodio as a reason for moving on.

Smart boy. Fernandez has a lot of potential, he needs to work with someone who will invest some time and energy to help him develop that potential and improve his skills. Hopefully Orser can do that, though in some ways it's an odd pairing. In any case, Morozov was obviously more focused elsewhere.

You watched a crouch-rubbing program & thought: "that ain't broken"?
Personally, I had no problem with Amodio's crotch-rubbing and thrusting, per se. In fact, I like a little male crotch-rubbing. :D What I did have a problem with was the total amount of time Amodio spent not skating during his long program.

ProgramerUSFS
06-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Smart boy. Fernandez has a lot of potential, he needs to work with someone who will invest some time and energy to help him develop that potential and improve his skills. Hopefully Orser can do that, though in some ways it's an odd pairing. In any case, Morozov was obviously more focused elsewhere.

Personally, I had no problem with Amodio's crotch-rubbing and thrusting, per se. In fact, I like a little male crotch-rubbing. :D What I did have a problem with was the total amount of time Amodio spent not skating during his long program.

lol, you guys are funny. I have watch many of Fernandez programs recently when I heard of the coaching change. I think he is a diamond in the ruff. If he can improve his presentation, edges and speed, he will be a force in the upcoming years. No one can tell how a coach and a skater will match up, but given the atributes that Orser had when he skated. If Fernandez picks up any of this, he will move up in ranks big time.

sweetsparky
06-18-2011, 07:56 PM
LOL I can´t believe I missed this for days :shuffle:

:cheer2: I so hope Orser coaching him works :cheer2:

Fernández is (finally!) free (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn8zSTwQNoQ) :drama: :wuzrobbed :rockstar: :summer:

D&Sfan4ever
06-18-2011, 09:07 PM
LOL I can´t believe I missed this for days :shuffle:

:cheer2: I so hope Orser coaching him works :cheer2:

Fernández is (finally!) free (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn8zSTwQNoQ) :drama: :wuzrobbed :rockstar: :summer:

Thank God you posted.
I was getting worried, I thought you had a heart-attack when you read the news or something :P

sweetsparky
06-18-2011, 09:19 PM
:lol: Well, I needed to read twice the (complete) thread to be sure it wasn´t a joke ;) even if I had heard before it could happen.

Anyway what matters is that Free Fernandez :mitchell: movement prevailed HA! ;)

marbri
06-19-2011, 02:31 AM
Is the title of this thread misleading??

Seems from the more recent comments he is having a tryout to see if they are compatible.

IRIS1975
06-19-2011, 08:00 AM
They say that Fernandez did't work hard at training sessions. Naturally Nikolai Morozov disliked this. That was one of the reasons of their split.

a56
06-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Thank goodness for this. Morozov's programs last year. :yikes: Who knows if his tryout with Orser works out, but either way, this is positive.

skatefan
06-19-2011, 10:40 AM
They say that Fernandez did't work hard at training sessions. Naturally Nikolai Morozov disliked this. That was one of the reasons of their split.

Who is 'they' I wonder?

Considering that he landed both 4Salchow and 4Toeloop in his free programme at Worlds this year, I guess he must have been doing some hard training ;)

I hope this move to Orser works for Fernandez. If it doesn't then I guess he will have to look elsewhere.

Asli
06-19-2011, 12:41 PM

If his skates at the Worlds are what he achieves when he doesn't work hard, I can't wait to see what happens if he starts working harder.