PDA

View Full Version : Javier Fernández left Morozov to train with Orser

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

MarieM
06-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Hiphop Swan Lake for Takahashi?
Nope. I never felt it was a good program for that skater. It could have been a better program for Stanick. But god, Stan already had a swan hip hop :P
No it was just a ripoff once again from Morozov:cool:

Gil-Galad
06-16-2011, 11:03 AM
I hope Fernandez doesn't loose his axel.
Orser ain't stupid, I doubt he will touch the jumps - Javi has a really solid, rather beautiful technique (especially on that Axel).

I hope Orser will manage to do something about the skating skills and the speed (I always get the feeling that Javi skated the second half of the long with half the speed he had in the first half).

But in my opinion the biggest problem Javi had during the last season was, that he just did not get marks that would have put him anywhere near the Top Five, not even at worlds with two different Quads. I am not sure Orser can change that.

RumbleFish
06-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Orser ain't stupid, I doubt he will touch the jumps - Javi has a really solid, rather beautiful technique (especially on that Axel).

I like Fernandez's jumps too. But Orser has a track record of having his pupils perform cluncky axels and hope it doesn't effect Fernandez negatively.

I hope Orser will manage to do something about the skating skills and the speed (I always get the feeling that Javi skated the second half of the long with half the speed he had in the first half).

This sounds more like an issue of stamina and physical fitness rather than skating skills to me.

But in my opinion the biggest problem Javi had during the last season was, that he just did not get marks that would have put him anywhere near the Top Five, not even at worlds with two different Quads. I am not sure Orser can change that.

He was marked correctly for his e-coli morozov TM choreography of non-existing transitions and excessive two-foot skating. Only difference between him and likes of Ando was that he doesn't represent a large federation hence politicking wasn't there.

geoskate
06-16-2011, 01:46 PM
But Orser has a track record of having his pupils perform cluncky axels.

In your imagination he does, anyways.

Proustable
06-16-2011, 01:56 PM
I like Fernandez's jumps too. But Orser has a track record of having his pupils perform cluncky axels and hope it doesn't effect Fernandez negatively.

Who, besides Rippon? I've always found Kim's double axels to be beautiful. Does Gao have axel issues?

RumbleFish
06-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Does Gao have axel issues?
hell yeah

mgobluegirl
06-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Who, besides Rippon? I've always found Kim's double axels to be beautiful. Does Gao have axel issues?

Yes. But those issues have been there for a long time.

pinky166
06-16-2011, 04:05 PM

Yeah big time, she landed it cleanly only a few times this season...

Proustable
06-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Heh. I don't watch junior skaters as a rule so I've never seen Gao skate. Has her 2A skill under Orser depreciated in any way, or is it just that Orser can't fix that technique? How long would it reasonably take to fix?

pinky166
06-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Heh. I don't watch junior skaters as a rule so I've never seen Gao skate. Has her 2A skill under Orser depreciated in any way, or is it just that Orser can't fix that technique? How long would it reasonably take to fix?

She's always had bad technique on that jump, but her real issues with landing it in competition didn't really start until 2010 nationals, before then she pretty much always landed it with no issues, but that was also around the same time she started to shoot up in height, and the 2a issues got worse this past season.

That being said, Rippon and Gao having axel issues may be more of a reflection on personal weaknesses rather than Orser as a coach. Yuna has a gorgeous 2a and Min-Jung, who was working with Orser for a few months and is not a strong jumper, has a very nice and secure 2a as well. So it might be a coincidence, or maybe Orser was just having Christina focus so much on 3-3s and Adam on quads that working on axel technique went to the wayside, in which case that could speak to a coaching concern.

seabm7
06-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Christina had a huge growth spurt for the last couple of years. It is natural for her to struggle with her jumps. I suspect the girl may be still growing up, which does not make the situation easier.

Christina is doing solid 3-3s, so we should give her credit for it. Concerning 2A, she may need more time to stabilize it. Let's not rush to the conclusion yet.

skatefan
06-16-2011, 07:37 PM
I hope Fernandez doesn't loose his axel.
Fernandez has a very good 3A which he has been landing since he was 15, he's now 20 and his 3A has been very consistent so far, so I doubt it needs anything doing to it.

Sylvia
06-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Heh. I don't watch junior skaters as a rule so I've never seen Gao skate.
Gao has been a junior internationally for the past 2 seasons but she skated Senior at US Nationals in 2010 and 2011, placing 5th both times.

AragornElessar
06-16-2011, 11:25 PM
Well Thank the SkateGods!!

So happy he's escaped the Morozov sphere of so called influence. I'm especially happy he's about to become the newest Honourary Canadian skater of a pretty impressive listing of skaters who have trained in Canada, but compete for another country, as I've always adored Javi's skating. Now though, I won't have to put up w/looks of and questions of "Why!?!" from around here when family friends bop in and hear me cheering for a Spanish skater. :lol: :D

Can't wait to see what this new partnership will bring about w/Javi's skating and I'll join the growning chorus of hoping they get Shae-Lynn to do his programs for him!!!

pinky166
06-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Christina had a huge growth spurt for the last couple of years. It is natural for her to struggle with her jumps. I suspect the girl may be still growing up, which does not make the situation easier.

Christina is doing solid 3-3s, so we should give her credit for it. Concerning 2A, she may need more time to stabilize it. Let's not rush to the conclusion yet.

I know she's grown a lot, the interesting thing is, the only jump it seems to have affected is her 2a, all her triples are just as solid if not better than before she shot up. But I guess in some ways that makes sense where the axel has a forward takeoff, so when you're taller/bigger it could really affect your air position.