PDA

View Full Version : Javier Fernández left Morozov to train with Orser

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

millipied
06-15-2011, 07:15 PM
So basically, the skater's skating isn't good enough to stand on it's own so they have to desperately seek out attention-grabbing music and routines even if it doesn't really sell their routines or themselves that well. Ok.

I never said that.

So basically, the skater's skating isn't good enough to stand on it's own so they have to desperately seek out attention-grabbing music and routines even if it doesn't really sell their routines or themselves that well. Ok.
Majority of live audience disagree, and I guess it's in the eye of beholder. You don't like, good for you. But don't generalize please.

TheIronLady
06-15-2011, 07:16 PM

Are skating fans all pointlessly defensive and argumentative?

I think he meant the programs were designed to entertain with their uncommon edge and style. They are not going to appeal to the Bach-loving grandmas, many of whom are in fact wishing that Kwan would come back and do Rachmaninoff's piano concertos-- or that Buttle would come back and do more David Wilson numbers. He is saying that Morozov was not going for that audience.

Ziggy
06-15-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm happy to see Fernandez freed finally but not happy with Orser as a choice.

And if David Wilson is going to come in the package, then :scream:.

Say what you want about Morozov but Fernandez has improved a lot under him. Yes, I would have preferred another coach but NOT Orser who needs to sort his head out before coaching anybody.

A. explore the adult movies industry

I vote for that option! :psoty:

Amodio deserves Morozov.

Haha, so true!
:EVILLE:

I thought that Amodio was going to Tom Z.

Only for a month or so (presumably to work on the jumps).

Yay, now he and Christina can date :lol:

Please.
a) Javi has a gf
b) he surely has better taste; Gao needs a makeover asap, she looks like Mira Leung

VIETgrlTerifa
06-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Are skating fans all pointlessly defensive and argumentative?

You tell me.

Iceman
06-15-2011, 09:37 PM
What is wrong with Orser as a coach, directed to Ziggy who said Orser needs to sort his head out before he coaches anybody?

Allen
06-15-2011, 09:54 PM
What is wrong with Orser as a coach, directed to Ziggy who said Orser needs to sort his head out before he coaches anybody?

Yes, I like to know this as well :watch:

Like it or not, Morosov's programs for his rising Euro stars (yes that includes Javier) were designed to grab attention and stand out, not to please few "Bach-loving grandmas" and figure skating purist on this board. If he could not deliver, so many skaters would not be dying to work with him. That's all.

Then exactly who were the programs meant to stand out to? Other than Mikki's programs, none of them were particularly well received by judges.

Clearly I'm not a "Bach-loving grandma," but I thought all of those programs, including Mikki's, sucked.

Jenna
06-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Please.
a) Javi has a gf
b) he surely has better taste; Gao needs a makeover asap, she looks like Mira Leung

:eek: You've got to be kidding! Gao could use a makeover, but she has a lot more potential in that department than Mira.

jan
06-15-2011, 10:19 PM
With Orser you can be guaranteed that he will be packaged properly and his skating skills will be worked on. With his jumping prowess this will be great for Fernandez.

Pratfall
06-16-2011, 01:17 AM
:confused: Is there any reason we can't hope for a bit of Shae-lynn choreo for Javi , now that we know she's doing Adam's SP ?

pinky166
06-16-2011, 01:51 AM
:eek: You've got to be kidding! Gao could use a makeover, but she has a lot more potential in that department than Mira.

This. Also who is Javi's gf? I've only heard of the Miki rumors and obviously those aren't true.

Ziggy
06-16-2011, 02:57 AM

An example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVzxjg0D0rQ
K&C starting around 7:09

Plus the way Kim's breakup was handled.

All this discussed to death in other threads. ;)

Clearly I'm not a "Bach-loving grandma," but I thought all of those programs, including Mikki's, sucked.

You clearly are a Bach-loving grandma considering the only programs of Morozov you liked were the blandest, classical ones. :P

:confused: Is there any reason we can't hope for a bit of Shae-lynn choreo for Javi , now that we know she's doing Adam's SP ?

I hope it's her and not Wilson.

This. Also who is Javi's gf? I've only heard of the Miki rumors and obviously those aren't true.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=560450726

MarieM
06-16-2011, 08:53 AM
the only program from Morozov I remember is Winter for Yagudin. And that's about it.

RumbleFish
06-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Jesus, I can' believe this.
I hope Fernandez doesn't loose his axel.

kosjenka
06-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Well operation: Free Fermandez - successful :)

allezfred
06-16-2011, 10:20 AM
the only program from Morozov I remember is Winter for Yagudin. And that's about it.

Hiphop Swan Lake for Takahashi?