PDA

View Full Version : Javier Fernández left Morozov to train with Orser

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

taf2002
06-15-2011, 03:20 PM
I have seen very few 19 yr olds rubbing their crotches in public. I guess I'm hanging out in the wrong places.

bardtoob
06-15-2011, 03:35 PM
He's a defector :sekret: . . . HE'S FREE :cheer2:

olifaunt
06-15-2011, 03:39 PM
I have seen very few 19 yr olds rubbing their crotches in public. I guess I'm hanging out in the wrong places.

Go to a club in a college town. You'll see a few. :D

emason
06-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Go to a club in a college town. You'll see a few. :D

Doesn't mean I have to like it.

millipied
06-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Like it or not, Morosov's programs for his rising Euro stars (yes that includes Javier) were designed to grab attention and stand out, not to please few "Bach-loving grandmas" and figure skating purist on this board. If he could not deliver, so many skaters would not be dying to work with him. That's all.

MarieM
06-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Yeah sure. When his skaters are not able to showcase the fact they can glide, it's such an achievement :lol:

Proustable
06-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Like it or not, Morosov's programs for his rising Euro stars (yes that includes Javier) were designed to grab attention and stand out, not to please few "Bach-loving grandmas" and figure skating purist on this board. If he could not deliver, so many skaters would not be dying to work with him. That's all.

The irony being that Fernandez has left Morosov.

millipied
06-15-2011, 05:36 PM

Nothing lasts.

Pratfall
06-15-2011, 05:45 PM
I don't believe the judges gave Amodio any points for crotch-rubbing.Save it for the clubs, or for the gala if you must. The audience doesn't get the chance to phone in and vote ad infinitum, and they're actually there to watch skating in the first place. It's a sporting competition. The 19 yr. old didn't do his own choreography. There are ways to go modern , or sexy for that matter, without being so completely low-brow about it. And there are ways to get attention without always relying on sex , or skin.
But that's Morozov..always up for sleaze.

I think highly enough of Amodio's talent that I don't think he has to resort to cheap tricks to advance , but we won't see him without cheap tricks until he gets away from Morozov.

I think Fernandez has at least comparable promise and I'm really looking forward to his skating next year.

TheIronLady
06-15-2011, 05:52 PM

Didn't I read that everyone non-Russian pretty much had to cease working with Morozov, as stipulated in his new agreement with the RF, with the exception of Florent and Miki?

olympic
06-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Interestingly, he is following Adam Rippon's path. May he have better luck with Orser than Adam

genevieve
06-15-2011, 06:15 PM
or the right ones :lol:

Jaana
06-15-2011, 06:39 PM
This will be interesting. Besides Gao I guess Fernandez will be Orser's only elite student right now. I'm interested to see if the relationship works out since Rippon and Kim both left Orser recently.

Kim though stayed with Orser until she got the Olympic gold medal :lol:. About Rippon I have gotten the impression, that maybe he is not that coachable (having too many people in his team)? I hope that Fernandez listens to his coach regarding e.g. stamina training.

Frau Muller
06-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Now we can finally remove the FREE FERNANDEZ banners! Wheeee!!!!!!

VIETgrlTerifa
06-15-2011, 07:05 PM

So basically, the skater's skating isn't good enough to stand on it's own so they have to desperately seek out attention-grabbing music and routines even if it doesn't really sell their routines or themselves that well. Ok.