PDA

View Full Version : Javier Fernández left Morozov to train with Orser

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

overedge
10-30-2011, 02:30 AM
Best decision ever.
He's a different skater now. Much more sophisticated and now judges will take him seriously and not as a joke (I remember the drunk pirate and this horrible SP from last season).

Take that, Morozov!

I liked the drunk pirate, but other than that ITA 100%.

bardtoob
10-30-2011, 02:35 AM
I think the best thing about the move is that Orser is determined to fix Javi's problems while Morozov appeared to just try to cover them up.

reese
10-30-2011, 02:59 AM
I hope Javi, Elene and Christina all have amazing seasons!

maureenfarone
10-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the interview. I really enjoyed Javi at SC.

Wyliefan
10-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Brain is a great coach.

So is Brian.

:P

"What do you want to do tonight, Brain?"

"Same thing we do every night, Pinky -- try to take over the podium!"

millipied
10-30-2011, 12:23 PM
I think people are unfair to Morozov. I found the last year's Fernandez was very well packaged for "up-and-coming" skater who wants to get noticed. Clearly that mission was accomplished and a lot of this season early success should be credited to that ground work.
However, the "get noticed" works for one season and one can not keep doing the same "marketing" stunts over and over proven by comparison between this year's Fernandez and Amodio.

Coco
10-30-2011, 12:48 PM
I wonder what his PCS will be like outside of Canada. Just sayin'.

t.mann
10-30-2011, 01:26 PM
I think people are unfair to Morozov. I found the last year's Fernandez was very well packaged for "up-and-coming" skater who wants to get noticed. Clearly that mission was accomplished and a lot of this season early success should be credited to that ground work.

agree.
I felt in the same way for Adam too last year.

Mevrouw
10-30-2011, 01:49 PM
agree.

Well of course here at Skate Canada ALL the judges are Canadian and that's the only reason Javier got such high PCS [/tongue-in-cheek] :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

viv
10-30-2011, 02:06 PM
agree.

I agree with both of you. And, as much as I like Javi, his LP doesn't do much for me. Obviously, when he skates clean the choreography will look better, but I am not very much a fan of 19th century Italian Opera.

Frau Muller
10-30-2011, 02:10 PM
What a GREAT choice for Javi!!! No doubt, after last night.

orbitz
10-30-2011, 03:36 PM
In the SP, Javier's style was so very Orser-esque that I thought Uschi Kesler (sp?) had choreographed the program. I don't mean it in a bad way, but I think it's better for him to have his own style.

The LP music was too heavy towards the end for Javier's style.

Overall a good job from him and hope that he continue to due well on the GP circuit and at Worlds.

Allskate
10-30-2011, 04:45 PM
In the SP, Javier's style was so very Orser-esque

I agree. Very Orseresque. It wasn't nearly as obvious in his long.

The short program...hmm, I dunno. He reminds me somewhat of Tim Goebel with rounded shoulders, and I don't think it lets him express his musicality much

:eek: He did not remind of Goebel at all.

He has a quite a way to go in the presentation department, especially in comparison to skaters like Takahashi and Chan, but he definitely seems to be moving in the right direction.

poths
10-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I enjoyed his new long program a lot. Maybe because I'm a sucker for all the Verdi operas but that music is so for skating/dancing...it's perfect!
I do like it, delighted to see him scored well and show his capabilities, but....that music is so synonymous with Urmanov and his 1994 Olympic victory, Javier looks like a novice by comparison IMHO.

Some top quality programs this season already, very exciting!

AragornElessar
10-30-2011, 05:54 PM
"What do you want to do tonight, Brain?"

"Same thing we do every night, Pinky -- try to take over the podium!"

ROTFLOL!!! I was hoping someone would take that and run w/it. :D

Sorry for the echo, but HOLY COW!!!

That is not not not the same Javier Fernandez I've been watching the last few years. Thank the SkateGods he got away from Morozov and to Brian.

What a difference and in the right ways too. So happy for him. :)