PDA

View Full Version : The GLEE Project

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

luenatic
06-13-2011, 05:35 PM
No one watched the Glee Project? I'm shocked, I tell ya! :lol:

Jayar
06-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I watched it and FLOVED it! Hannah has such a glow about her... And I believe that the other girl I like is Mykinleigh. The diva boy is also a lot of fun and very talented. Can't wait for the next eppy!!!

genevieve
06-13-2011, 06:36 PM
I didn't even know it was on - is it a Sunday show?

luenatic
06-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Yes, it's Sunday night on Oxygen.

genevieve
06-13-2011, 07:24 PM
ah - I don't have cable so I can't watch. I assumed it would be on Fox

Allen
06-13-2011, 08:13 PM
I missed it because I was watching the Tonys and DVRing Food Network Star. It comes on again at 8 tonight, so I'm definitely watching then.

taf2002
06-13-2011, 09:04 PM
I just watched it online. If I had to pick the winner right now it would be the guy who won the 1st challenge. I love his voice & his personality. For the girls, Ellis has an amazing voice & she would be easy to write for. I liked Cameron & the girl with mega blue eyes. I think they picked the right one to go home although it would have been ok too if it had been Damian. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the next to go.

Flatfoote
06-13-2011, 10:19 PM
The show's website has a "Fan Favorite" voting feature. Damian is actually way in the lead. He must have a gaggle of friends somewhere, or there's a bunch of teenage girls out there that are all gaga over his accent.

I liked Hannah too. And Matheus. My vote for this week went to Matheus.

So many talented kids. I loved how excited they all were to be there. It's so refreshing to watch a reality show without all the monster egos.

Latte
06-13-2011, 11:23 PM
Damon is a member of Celtic Thunder. They are all Irish(Will George is Scottish) and have performed for 4 years all over the world.
They are super stars of Public Broadcasting Stations and have tens of thousands of fans
all over the world. Fan websites, a official website which is visited by tens of thousands daily. The guys all blog almost every day and their fans are fanatical.
I was somewhat disapointed by Damon's performance on the show.
He is really talented and has a wonderful voice. Off course he doesn't sing pop songs.
And is used to spending most of his time with people in their 30's and 40's.
He is a very experienced performer and has been recording and singing since he was 6 years old.
He came off as inexperienced and insecure last night and he is anything but.
It doesn't make sense really. I think maybe he just isn't use to being with people his own age.
Compaired to the others, he is a star. But they didn't even show him as much as they did the others.
I'm thinking RINGER and he is already set up to win.
We will wait and see. But even if he gets kicked off, he still has a fantastic career waiting for him in CT. He hasn't quit them and will be touring with them all fall and winter in Canada and the US.
And I am sure he is rich enough by now that he may never need to worry about money again.:D

Edited to add
They have sold millions of CD's, DVD's and are on QVC every ST Patrick.s Day.
Check them out on you tube.
If you want to see how GOOD Damon really is.

luenatic
06-13-2011, 11:28 PM
I figured Damian is a ringer. At the end of the show before the credit rolls, the fine prints mentioned the audition was submitted thru U-tube, open audition and industry submission. Industry submission? I thought of Damian immediately.

Spareoom
06-14-2011, 02:35 AM
Damian and two others (one is Lauren; I can't remember who the third one is) were found through industry contacts; the show has made no secret of this. My guess is that these three people have agents who brought them to the attention of the producers and were cast because there's already some interest in creating characters for them. For Damian, it'd be really easy...foreign exchange student! It's even listed as one of the options on a "what character would you like on GLEE" poll on the Glee Project website.

Whenever there's an audition show like this where the winner gets a fairly significant job in terms of it's not a one-time thing or a pile of money, I'm okay with producers being vocal about who and what they want and being subjective. It's like a real audition process, except that it's filmed on cameras.

Anyway, I reserve the right to be biased because I *have* been listening to Celtic Thunder's music for years, and I almost died when I found out that Damian was getting a chance to be on one of the biggest shows on TV. Whether he wins or not, it's a great career boost for him and brings a lot of attention to Celtic Thunder, which is never a bad thing. It's a great group that makes great music, and I'd love to see it find a new audience.

But eeek, now I KNOW I'll never be able to make it to a Celtic Thunder concert. The screaming teens AND middle-age moms were bad enough; can you imagine how crazy it will be now? I love their music, but I think I'll have to enjoy it from afar. ;)

The show's website has a "Fan Favorite" voting feature. Damian is actually way in the lead. He must have a gaggle of friends somewhere, or there's a bunch of teenage girls out there that are all gaga over his accent.

Either you were unaware that Damian is a member of a men's vocal group that has a pretty big following, or you underestimate the power and dedication of the ThunderHeads. ;) I couldn't stop laughing the first time I went on the Glee Project website; it was pretty clear that the Celtic Thunder fans had already found it and left their indelible mark. They're vocal, if anything!

BigB08822
06-14-2011, 03:03 AM
I am so sick of Glee and think it is one of the most over rated shows on television. I love singing competitions but I can't bring myself to watch this because it has Glee in the title. I assume it is associated with FOX show, non? Or are they just using the term Glee as well, I assume FOX can't copyright a term that has been in use for so long.

reckless
06-14-2011, 03:06 AM
I am so sick of Glee and think it is one of the most over rated shows on television. I love singing competitions but I can't bring myself to watch this because it has Glee in the title. I assume it is associated with FOX show, non? Or are they just using the term Glee as well, I assume FOX can't copyright a term that has been in use for so long.
They are giving someone an opportunity to appear for seven episodes on the show. The character is not specific. Part of the show's process looks like it will involve developing a character around the performer.

Cachoo
06-14-2011, 03:35 AM

I enjoy Glee but can see a big backlash on the way if they overdo it: From what I've seen of the tour on youtube it looks a bit cheesy. But if I were my tween niece I might feel differently.
I don't like the idea of the Project show: I'd rather just be introduced to a new character within the framework of the show without knowing so much about who the actor is other than his/her name. With this you get warts and all. I'd rather have the fantasy.

And I don't want to begrudge anyone their dream but how many times on ANY of these Idol type reality shows do we see people saying that this is their life. That is great but as far as singing goes there are millions of good singers out there--what if they have to do something else to earn a living? Or that they are doing this for their kids. I think your child would rather you be there with them. Ok--sorry--I have a headache and probably jealous as I can't carry a tune to save my life. Anyway I guess I will see who won when I watch the next season of Glee.

Capella
06-14-2011, 05:09 AM
Caught up with the first episode (42,000 down to 87) and then the "Individuality" episode with the top 12.

I like that they are using the actual casting director, vocal chick, choreographer, and the piano player on the show. Plus, of course, having Ryan Murphy making the final cut each week.

I'm not good with names yet, but I can't wait for the slutty diva chick to be gone. Sorry, hon, but flipping your hair is not a talent.

Was the boy with Down's Syndrome who didn't make top 12 the one who played Becky's prom date on the show? Wondered if the early auditions were early enough to have him play that part.

Ok, found the contestant link (http://thegleeproject.oxygen.com/bios-enhanced-listerine#fbid=eB5WJQrz_gN). So far my favorite two girls are Lindsay and McKynleigh and two guys are Samuel and Matheus.