PDA

View Full Version : Skate for Hope 6/18

Pages : [1] 2 3

maureenfarone
06-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Here is a link for the Skate for Hope show scheduled for 6/18 in Columbus, OH.

http://www.skateforhope.org/site/TR?fr_id=1060&pg=entry

Headliners are Johnny Weir:D for his ubers; Rachael Flatt; for those interested in seeing improvement Marley & Brubaker; for those who are still stunned we have Denney & Coughlin. Ryan Bradley is scheduled just so we can be entertained. There are several others scheduled so check out the link. Should be a good show for a good cause.

Garden Kitty
06-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Sarah Hughes is listed on the website as the guest emcee, but she has tweeted that she will also be performing a new program. Nice to see Sarah and Emily in the same show and supporting such a good cause.

B.Cooper
06-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Skate For Hope just added a Groupon coupon deal!
http://www.groupon.com/columbus/deals/skate-for-hope?date=20110613&p=@counter&s=body&utm_campaign=skate-for-hope&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&c=image&utm_content=all-deals_columbus&user=0c8606402d74d0a93c44f60ae2986b1eba38ef7235f82 9343b6e0437ae5636bb

Garden Kitty
06-14-2011, 03:38 AM
From Caitlin Yankowskas's twitter:

CaitsYankowskas Caitlin Yankowskas
Performing at Skate For Hope this weekend! Cannot wait! Columbus get ready for a great show! :)

But she's not currently listed on the event website.

REO
06-14-2011, 04:16 AM
Maybe someone bailed and she's a last minute replacement. It's a great lineup anyway.

maureenfarone
06-14-2011, 09:28 AM
From Caitlin Yankowskas's twitter:

But she's not currently listed on the event website.

Wow, could be some intrigue here. Wouldn't it be something if she shows up with a new partner :D. I'd love to see her skate again so this will be very interesting.

genevieve
06-14-2011, 04:06 PM
wow, Marcy Hinzman (now Harris) will be there!

Can't wait to hear reports :)

chachacha
06-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Wow, could be some intrigue here. Wouldn't it be something if she shows up with a new partner :D. I'd love to see her skate again so this will be very interesting.

She has been seen skating with Jeremy B in ellenton, Florida. heard it was a sight for sore eyes being that Jeremy is so short. Interesting to see if they will show up together at Skate for Hope. We will have to wait and see, I will be at the show and because it's a great cause wish the show great success!

mgobluegirl
06-14-2011, 04:43 PM
The facebook page for SFH says "Thrilled to share that Caitlin Yankowskas will perform at SFH this Saturday with Rachael Flatt, Alexe Gilles and Emily Samuelson! Get ready for a great show!"

HeatherC
06-16-2011, 03:19 AM
My mom and I are going to this show this weekend and I'm very excited about it. I've wanted to go since it started but it always fell on a bad weekend for me. So happy I can finally go this year! I'll try to post a report and some photos/videos after I get home. :biggrinbo

Garden Kitty
06-18-2011, 01:33 AM
Latest tweet from Johnny - not good news:

Flight cancelled, luggage missing, no rebooking until Sunday. IF they find my luggage, will have to drive all night to Columbus. Disaster.

Sarah also tweeted earlier today that they were stuck on the plane for an hour and it still hadn't taken off - I hope the Hugheses are able to get here. Thunderstorm warning for Columbus right now.

ETA: Update from Johnny:

Luggage retrieved, in my own bed, Columbus tomorrow. The show must go on. Ping-chan is happy.

just wondering
06-18-2011, 12:31 PM
A followup tweet this morning -

Ok, let's try this again. LGA--->Columbus. Skate for Hope here I come.

Back on track!

maureenfarone
06-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Leaving shortly for my drive to Columbus. United Airlines had a big computer problem yesterday that grounded most (or all) of their flights. Could be Johnny and the Hughes were caught in it. I'm driving :D so no worries for me.

Should be a fun day...lunch with a friend and then the show. Can't wait!

kwanette
06-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Have a great time all who are going..Can't wait to hear about it!

B.Cooper
06-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Safe travels maureenfarone! Please post reviews. Anxious to hear how D/C look ;-)