PDA

View Full Version : Skate for Hope 6/18

Pages : 1 2 [3]

kittyjake5
06-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Thank you for the reviews. Glad you all enjoyed the show.

I hope the rumors are not true about Samuelson/Bates.

teeveedee
06-19-2011, 07:22 PM
I also attended the show, it was a lot of fun! Just a few more things that haven't been mentioned:

I talked to Emily Samuelson after the show and asked how Evan was doing. She said that he's on the ice, but when I asked her if they are going to skate this season she said that she hopes so but things are still up in the air and she isn't completely sure what's going to happen in the future. Take that as you will, she seemed pretty doubtful to be honest, but seemed to be more unsure because of his injury than other factors that she did not allude to at all.

I think Ryan Bradley attempted a 3A and 4T, he fell on the 4T and flipped out of the 3A. Major kudos to him for attempting them though! Rachael fell on a 3Lo but hit her 2A. Sarah Hughes didn't attempt any jumps, and had a lot of fringe on her costume. She looked like she was definitely enjoying her first (?) public performance for awhile, but she was definitely a little rusty on her spins.

Emily Hughes did a 2F and 2A and is always a favorite since she has performed in the show for years. I was really impressed by Joshua Farris who skated with a lot of feeling and had really nice spins.

Marley/Brubaker looked pretty good together, but she does look extremely young, especially when all of the skaters were standing together at the end of the show. They did t3S and some lifts, which looked okay but not spectacular. Rockne did a number with the young daughter of the owner of Jegs, one of the sponsering companies. It was pretty cute, but it felt like the first half of the show was more about her than anything else. They gave her a big trophy during the Jegs number, LOL.

Denney/Coughlin did 3twists a couple times, looked a tiny bit messy coming out but hit them. She fell pretty hard on a t3L during their program, but hit it a little later. A lot of their small dance lift moves that they did looked fine but she was pretty awkward looking coming out of them (bent knees and such). They looked pretty good for a new team, and you could tell they had good chemistry.

The "Single Ladies" number was a lot of fun! Whenever I saw her, Caitlin looked like she was having a lot of fun but there was no interaction between her and Caydee/John. I definitely hope that she finds a new partner soon, she is a gorgeous skater!

ETA: Johnny did a good job, he definitely looked a little shaky during his "Ave Maria" number that he performed first, like his skates weren't really feeling the ice very well. His "Bad Romance" performance was well-received, he definitely put the attitude into it and looked a lot better. He did a couple 3T. He didn't stay very long after the show; the show director/president said that it was the anniversary of his grandfather's death and he wanted to go be with his mother.

B.Cooper
06-19-2011, 07:45 PM
I realized after I turned off the computer that I had forgotten Alexe and Joshua. I think Joshua's program was to Gravity and Alexe did a good job skating to the live vocals which isn't always easy to do (or so I hear, not that I'm ever doing it :lol:)

During the warm up before the show, a lot of the young skaters who were in the show were in the audience, and when the headliners went by, the young skaters would often put out their hands like in a "skate around". Joshua was very cute and practically every time he went by would high five the young skaters sending many into a giggling frenzy. Sarah Hughes was also very good natured in high fiving the young skaters multiple times.

Sorry I missed you, Heather. I was on the opposite side of the arena and I'm glad to say the show was very well attended. One end was blocked off, and the other end was sparsely populated, but both sides looked about 80-90% full. I hope they raised a lot of money because it was clear a lot of work went into the show.

After the show, most of the skaters stayed on the ice for a long time signing autographs and posing for pictures. The only one who didn't come out was Johnny, but given his travel early that morning (after a frustrating evening at the airport the night before), and his meet and greet before the show, I don't blame him at all. The guy must have been exhausted, but he really went all out during his numbers and the crowd loved it.

Videos anyone?

Sorry to hear that JW couldn't stay for the autograph session just following the show. In years past, there has been a meet n greet before the show,where the headliners have a chance to meet all the groups of skaters that participate, as well as some of the sponsors of the show, and some of those photos each year go up on SFH's website from the meet n greet event....giving the younger skaters a great chance to say hello and get a photo with one of their favorites.... Check out SFH's FB photo wall. Lots of great photos from past shows!

From Alexe Gilles' FB page on Friday night...she said....
Alexe Gilles
Oo the joy of dancing to beyonce until 2 a.m.!!! So scattered but so fun! Channeling my fierceness!! :p Hope all the Single Ladies were fierce.

Cudos again to everyone for what sounded to be another great SFH event!:) What a great cause!

Garden Kitty
06-19-2011, 09:17 PM
I think they still had a pre-show meet and greet for the young skaters (Sarah posted a pic from this year's on twitter).

HeatherC
06-20-2011, 02:10 AM
IIRC, Johnny did come out briefly during the post show stuff but he didn't stay too long. I think one of the other skaters (Rockne?!) had someone there who wanted to meet him so he came out to greet that person. He left after that but waved and blew kisses to the fans as he skated off. Everyone else pretty much stayed on the ice for quite some time talking to fans, signing autographs, and posing for photos. They were all great and if I hadn't had a two hour drive to get home, I might have stuck around longer to talk to a few of the others. It was still a great night though and I'm hoping I actually got some decent photos (the lighting was driving me crazy the entire evening :wall: ).

overedge
06-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Was Jenny Needham-Wall (the adult skater) in the show this year?

HeatherC
06-20-2011, 04:25 AM

I don't remember for sure but the name sounds familiar. I'll have to check the program.

BTW-I didn't do any videos here because I had a somewhat tall person in front of me and I could barely get any photos much less do videos of the programs. :(

Jenna
06-20-2011, 04:36 AM
I also attended the show, it was a lot of fun! Just a few more things that haven't been mentioned:

I talked to Emily Samuelson after the show and asked how Evan was doing. She said that he's on the ice, but when I asked her if they are going to skate this season she said that she hopes so but things are still up in the air and she isn't completely sure what's going to happen in the future. Take that as you will, she seemed pretty doubtful to be honest, but seemed to be more unsure because of his injury than other factors that she did not allude to at all.

I think Ryan Bradley attempted a 3A and 4T, he fell on the 4T and flipped out of the 3A. Major kudos to him for attempting them though! Rachael fell on a 3Lo but hit her 2A. Sarah Hughes didn't attempt any jumps, and had a lot of fringe on her costume. She looked like she was definitely enjoying her first (?) public performance for awhile, but she was definitely a little rusty on her spins.

Emily Hughes did a 2F and 2A and is always a favorite since she has performed in the show for years. I was really impressed by Joshua Farris who skated with a lot of feeling and had really nice spins.

Marley/Brubaker looked pretty good together, but she does look extremely young, especially when all of the skaters were standing together at the end of the show. They did t3S and some lifts, which looked okay but not spectacular. Rockne did a number with the young daughter of the owner of Jegs, one of the sponsering companies. It was pretty cute, but it felt like the first half of the show was more about her than anything else. They gave her a big trophy during the Jegs number, LOL.

Denney/Coughlin did 3twists a couple times, looked a tiny bit messy coming out but hit them. She fell pretty hard on a t3L during their program, but hit it a little later. A lot of their small dance lift moves that they did looked fine but she was pretty awkward looking coming out of them (bent knees and such). They looked pretty good for a new team, and you could tell they had good chemistry.

The "Single Ladies" number was a lot of fun! Whenever I saw her, Caitlin looked like she was having a lot of fun but there was no interaction between her and Caydee/John. I definitely hope that she finds a new partner soon, she is a gorgeous skater!

ETA: Johnny did a good job, he definitely looked a little shaky during his "Ave Maria" number that he performed first, like his skates weren't really feeling the ice very well. His "Bad Romance" performance was well-received, he definitely put the attitude into it and looked a lot better. He did a couple 3T. He didn't stay very long after the show; the show director/president said that it was the anniversary of his grandfather's death and he wanted to go be with his mother.

Thanks so much for backing up all this speculation with a primary source. This makes everything more clear. It really seems like Evan may not be fully recovered from his injury yet, and that's why it's so unclear regarding S/B.

manleywoman
06-20-2011, 04:47 AM

No, she's recovering from knee surgery.

Sylvia
06-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the reports! :)

Just found Johnny Weir's videos:
"Ave Maria": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ydr_0dXe9k
"Bad Romance": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7dhKzveybY

kwanette
06-21-2011, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the reports! :)

Just found Johnny Weir's videos:
"Ave Maria": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ydr_0dXe9k
"Bad Romance": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7dhKzveybY

Thanks, Sylia, Johnny Rachs!

JeffClair1979
06-21-2011, 01:21 AM
It makes me very happy to hear that so many fans, family members and friends came out to support such a wonderful cause. I would have been there if I hadn't just moved across the country. It's nice to hear that skating fans can make such a difference :)

YukiNieve
07-16-2011, 01:27 AM
You can watch this on Icenetwork! :cool:

@icenetwork: Watch Skate for Hope on icenetwork: http://bit.ly/pZVaEl -- Free for registered users.

kwanette
07-16-2011, 01:30 AM
You can watch this on Icenetwork! :cool:

@icenetwork: Watch Skate for Hope on icenetwork: http://bit.ly/pZVaEl -- Free for registered users.

Just finished watching it. Great show for a wonderful cause.