PDA

View Full Version : Mao Asada revealed the new choreography for next season was completed.

Pages : [1] 2

Akira Andrea
06-13-2011, 12:55 AM
This is an article in “Hochi Shimbun” in Japan.
Translated from Japanese.
Mao Asada revealed the new choreography for next season was completed.
June 13th, 2011 JST

The photo
Mao Asada revealed that the choreography of the new short program for next season was completed.
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/zoomImage/20110612-OHT9I00244.htm

The silver medalist of the Vancouver Olympics, Mao Asada (20, Chukyo University) attended "the Olympic Charity Concert for supporting the East Japan Big Earthquake Disaster" which was held in the Tokyo metropolitan area in June 12th and revealed that the choreography of the new SP for next season from this autumn was completed.
She said, "Because the new program, too, decided, I am glad if it provides one in useful information on and after next season".

According to the person concerned, she completed the choreography in Russia from May 30th to June 4th.

Mao Asada who finished in the 6 place which was the worst in the past of herself in the Worlds of April swore to recover from the slump, saying, "I have just started the new season. I am sure that it goes well in next season because it was bad in last season”.

Her weight had too decreased because she was practicing too stoically for the Worlds, but her plump cheeks came back.

She said, "I am being able to take my time a little now. I am going to practice little by little from July" with smiling face.

The article
Mao Asada revealed the new choreography for next season was completed.
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20110612-OHT1T00255.htm

Reference
According to the official web site of Mai & Mao Asada, Mao Asada seems to be staying in Moscow now.
In Moscow, she may possibly be making with Tatiana Tarsova the new program for new season now, mayn’t she?

The message and the photo of Mao Asada in her official web site.
http://maimao-asada.com/mao/private/2011/06/05/58/

Translated from Japanese.
At Moscow
June 5th, 2011

I went to an Uzbekistan restaurant in Moscow. I am looking forward to it because it is the first time for me (to eat the Uzbekistan cooking).

By Mao Asada

Reference
The Olympic Charity Concert for supporting the East Japan Big Earthquake Disaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYrlxi-SyM

ponta1
06-13-2011, 06:24 AM
She looks nice in the photo; definitely a lot healthier than she looked at Worlds!

TheIronLady
06-13-2011, 06:46 AM
Awww. I want her to practice with smiling face from here until Sochi.

Marco
06-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Glad she is keeping Liebestraum.

Did she by any chance mention her new short program music?

skfan
06-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Glad she is keeping Liebestraum.

Did she by any chance mention her new short program music?

i read somewhere, probably on mao's forum, that she's going to spend 5 or so days with lori in canada, but i haven't heard whether that's to tweak liebestraum or to choreograph a new program. it pretty much ends the dream that camerlengo is choreographing any program for mao this season though.:( tat usually does mao's exhibitions (and does a fine job, too).

ETA
thank you Akira Andrea for all your work translating these articles.

Eris
06-13-2011, 12:09 PM
So, new Mao's SP is done by TAT?

TAHbKA
06-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Eris, doubt. :sekret: says Tarasova could had choreographed Asada's the programme/s before June 5th (the :sekret: has no idea whether Tarasova did though), but since June 8th she is in the USA choreographing Murakami's programme/s.

Eris
06-13-2011, 02:06 PM
TAHbKA, thanks! Kanako will skate TAT programme/s? Wow, she's definitely mini-Mao.:D
*by Murakami you meant her, right? not Daisuke?*

kwanatic
06-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Not TAT again?! :eek: Geez, doesn't Mao get that TAT's choreography just doesn't work for her unless it's an exhibition?...WAIT! Maybe she was in Russia getting the choreography for her Ex? Oh please let that be what it was!

TAT's competition pieces BLOW for Mao. There is not one program of she's made for Mao in the last 3 or 4 years that can be considered "good". That SP last year was just not good enough. She hasn't had a decent SP since 2008. All of Mao's exhibitions from TAT (Por Una Cabeza, Caprices and the masterpiece that is Ballade) are wonderful...but that doesn't translate to competition programs.

I hate the overuse of Lori, but I will say that the Lori-Mao combo is a great one. Lori has a knack for utilizing Mao's light, floaty, ethereal qualities. Liebestraum was beautiful, Claire de Lune was gorgeous, Czardas, Fantasie-Impromptu...really lovely programs for her.

My hope is that Mao will keep her Liebestraum and get a new SP from Lori...or anyone who isn't TAT.

Akira Andrea
06-13-2011, 03:42 PM
The said article clearly says that she completed the choreography of SP in Russia on June 4th from May 30th.
I think that it is natural to think that it was choreographed by Tatiana Tarasova if she completed the new program in Russia.

In the several SP by Tatiana Tarasova, too, I think that there was an agreeable work for her, like a "Fantasy For Violin And Orchestra" of 2007/2008 season.

Reference:
"Fantasy For Violin And Orchestra" by Nigel Hess from the sound track of the Movie "Ladies in Lavendar".
Choreography: Tatiana Tarasova.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz-AktwtDfs

AJ Skatefan
06-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Not TAT again?! :eek: Geez, doesn't Mao get that TAT's choreography just doesn't work for her unless it's an exhibition?...TAT's competition pieces BLOW for Mao. There is not one program of she's made for Mao in the last 3 or 4 years that can be considered "good".

Hmmm, I wonder if that's why she got an olympic silver medal and a world championship? Not everybody hated her programs. I really liked her Bells of Moscow program.

jenny12
06-13-2011, 07:07 PM
She looks nice in the photo; definitely a lot healthier than she looked at Worlds!

Definitely agree! She looks lovely in the picture, much better than at Worlds.

Margaret
06-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if that's why she got an olympic silver medal and a world championship? Not everybody hated her programs. I really liked her Bells of Moscow program.
Bells of Moscow seems to fall into "love it or hate it" category. Personally I loved the synergy of heavy dramatic music and the fragile yet strong girl. It gives me chills every time I watch it. As much as I love her lyrical programs, bring out the fierce warrior princess Mao!

falling_dance
06-13-2011, 07:35 PM

It took a while for it to really come together (and, for better or worse, it had one or two campy moments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCZCM8AKCU&t=1m35s)), but I'd also count it a success. Then again, I'm one of those people who love the Masquerade Waltz short, so take it for what it's worth. :P

AJ Skatefan
06-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Different tastes, different opinions. And most importantly, Mao likes TAT's choreography so that's what really matters. Keep rocking, Mao!