PDA

View Full Version : The ICE 2011 tour in Japan, July 23-31

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

galaxy
08-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Only now catching up to the videos from this wonderful show. But first impression- Mao, stunningly beautiful. The jumps look more secure, yes? And she seems healthier. Hope her competitive season is great- what a beautiful skater she is!

I agree. She could hardly land anything at this time of last year. Her jumps in the clip look much better this year.

Amy03
08-06-2011, 01:15 AM
I agree. She could hardly land anything at this time of last year. Her jumps in the clip look much better this year.

I agree Mao's jumps really look quite secure now seems like her hard work and suffering is finally going to pay off. but when i think back about how she dared to make such a enormous change, i really can't help but respect her, she really knows what she wants and how to get it..
i just hope that she doesn't overwork herself to much and remembers to take a rest once in a while.. i really want to see healthy Mao whose in good condition when the new season begins...:swoon:

ks777
08-06-2011, 02:04 AM
Love Kanako and Mao's programs. I see some Fumie's choreography in this program. Was it choreographed by Lori? It was a beautifully choreographed program.

Marroncream
08-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Takahiko forgot his costume twice during the tour. So as a punishment, he had to wear girl's costume and dress like a girl during finale. And the pink top he wore is actually the one Mao wore in last year's The Ice finale.

Takahiko kissed Mao at the final show in Osaka. There is no official news that they are a couple although many people would love to see them being together. Until now, they are just friends grow up together and training mate:lol:

Takahiko kissed Jeff, too, didn't he? There is no official news that they are a couple. :D

Thanksmate
08-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Show in Osaka, Sunday, July 31
Finale and encore

Finale
The same program as the Nagoya show in the YouTube video, except Takahiko kissing Mao, as it was already mentioned.

I loved Alyssa and Mirai’s performance. They skated to “Kawa no nagare no youni (like the flow of the river)”, and they were mesmerizing. I was glad my seat was not close to the ice. I could watch them both skate and I did not have to choose one. I loved their spirals, ina bauer (most Japanese can tell the move, even me!), and the lay back spins at the end.

It seemed to me Mao and Takahiko skated better than the Nagoya’ show. They skated to the music from Japanese animation called Lupin the third. Mao was supposed to be the sexy character called Fujiko, and Takahiko played Arsène Lupin III, a womanizer. They both were too cute and too sweet for the character in a good way.

Encore
I did not take any notes, so I do not remember the order of the event.
Mirai and Adam came out hand in hand, and they skated part of Meryl and Charlie’s Indian OD. They did the steps for quite some times. The MC said during the tour, all the skaters learned the routine.

Then, the skaters came out and they all skated to “Moves like Jagger” Jeff choreographed. In the show, 6 men skated to it, but in the encore I did not count how many, but I think most of the tour cast skated. I am not sure now, but I think they skated to the whole song.

Then, all the skaters skated around the ice rink to say good bye. I do not know when it happened, but a male skater came out and did a quad (I think). Yuzuru? Maybe. Yuzuri can jump. He jumped quads and triple axels several times during the show. He is not reserved. He is competitive. If he has enough stamina for a LP, he seems to have all the goods to win.

When the show really ended, I saw water splashing over a skater or two. Last year, I think the skaters splashed water over Adam. I wonder who the target was this year. I could not tell. The MC said there were lots going on the ice and he does not know where to begin. He explained Kozuka dressed up as a girl as a penalty because he had lost costume twice and it was a penalty. Then we saw skaters lined up and taking photos.

Overall, the atmosphere of the show was friendly, and all the skaters were great. I hope to attend more shows in the future.

bek
08-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Mao is just so wonderful. She was so expressive/emotional in that Jupitar program. She always was a beautiful skater, but artistically she just keeps getting better. She's one of the few skaters who can move me to tears.

LilJen
08-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Takahiko kissed Jeff, too, didn't he? There is no official news that they are a couple. :D

and Jeff kissed Mao a couple of years back, too. Love all around, folks!

wnstnluv
08-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Thank you Thanksmate! Was the duet with Mirai and Alissa fully shown in the finale of The Ice youtube page? I really liked it, but wished it was longer! Their side by side layback spins were marvelous!

Details please! :lol: A girl on twitter told me Jeff kissed Takahiko, not the other way around, but...you never know...I can't wait to see this show!

Marroncream
08-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Details please! :lol:
During the encore, "Miss Kozuka" went for Jeff for a smooch. :lol:

Eris
08-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Was any part of the show broadcasted today?

Thanksmate
08-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Thank you Thanksmate! Was the duet with Mirai and Alissa fully shown in the finale of The Ice youtube page? I really liked it, but wished it was longer! Their side by side layback spins were marvelous!

I think the duet was fully shown. I wished it were longer, too. Actually, all the duet and group numbers in the finale were entertaining in their own way that I wished all of them were longer.

wnstnluv
08-07-2011, 06:09 PM
During the encore, "Miss Kozuka" went for Jeff for a smooch. :lol:

:yikes: :lol:

I think the duet was fully shown. I wished it were longer, too. Actually, all the duet and group numbers in the finale were entertaining in their own way that I wished all of them were longer.

Thank you! I really appreciate your detailed reports! I agree, all the routines were all done very well. I am really looking forward to it being broadcast in full on tv!

briancoogaert
08-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Hanyu was just amazing with those 3Axels !!! OMG !!!

star_gazer11
08-08-2011, 03:40 AM
I was looking for Mirai's performance and came across this:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/the+ice+2011

:lol: Thanks for posting! Here's a direct link to the Miss Kozuka (http://twitpic.com/608zjv) pic.

MikiAndoFan#1
08-08-2011, 02:49 PM
:lol: Thanks for posting! Here's a direct link to the Miss Kozuka (http://twitpic.com/608zjv) pic.

:rofl: