PDA

View Full Version : The ICE 2011 tour in Japan, July 23-31

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

robinhood
08-02-2011, 02:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/theiceCTV#p/c/E7DCD0DAC95D8812/2/pvf0KIEvryo Hanyu's 3A+3A+SEQ is awesome. Now someone teach this kid what to do with his arms and there's a definite possibility of a world champion!

hmmm...Plushy...errr:o
anyway, I think it's inevitable that hanyu is a future world champion:) and I don't believe in jinx

galaxy
08-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks billions for the great report, Thanksmate! I think many people were waiting for such a detailed report. I hope you will have time to post about the sencond half. I got a mail from my friend yesterday. She went to the show in Nagoya. She wrote that it was a great show, worth the Shinkansen fare from Tokyo to Nagoya, worth the ticket price. She goes to The Ice almost every year, and it has never dissapointed her.

VarBar
08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Mao, Jeffrey and their One Thousand and One Nights sort of program make me believe in fairy tales.:D

Thanksmate
08-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Wow, I should not have gone to Karaoke tonight. I just came back home and was surprised to find out some people kindly read my poor quality (especially jumps) report. I should have come home early and continued with my writings.

Intermission

Audience Dance Lesson
Mai’s dance practice video was played for the audience to to learn some moves for the finale. We had to move both arms around, and we had to form heart with both of our hands and push it forward. It made some audience chuckle as forming heart is a signiture move of a comedian.

Mai, Joannie, and Alissa Interview
A lady MC interviewed them live. She kept telling them they are so beautiful. Her first question to the skaters was what they do to keep their beauty. Joannie said excising, taking off the entire heavy make up from the shows, and a good moisturizer are important. The MC said to Joannie she heard Joannie has a trampoline at her house. Joannie said she used to jump on it and sometimes jumped off to a swimming pool next to it. The Japanese audience was very impressed not with the jumping part of the story, but having a trampoline and a swimming pool at home. It is extremely rare to have them at home in Japan.

She said she won’t participate in grand prix this season, but hope to continue skating in shows. She mentioned something about taking classes but I did not catch it and I do not remember exactly what she said.

Then MC turned to Alissa and 1st thing she said was Alissa has such long eyelashes. And she praised how beautiful she is, and asked her the same question, “what is your secret of the beauty.” Those were enough to make Alissa little uncomfortable, she looked embarrassed and just gave shy smile. Alissa could not say anything, but the MC insisted and repeated “what is your secret of the beauty, please tell us.” Alissa seemed really embarrassed and I almost felt sorry that the MC was trying to force Alissa to answer.

The MC instead answered for Alissa, she heard Alissa practices ballet and Pilates. Alissa finally started talking, she said she has been taking ballet lessons since she was small, and she also practices Pilates because her sister teaches Pilates. The MC also praised Alissa for her good posture. She asked if it is from practicing ballet, and Alissa replied yes, part of it from ballet, but mainly from her mother telling her to keep her back straight.

Her goal for this season is that since the change of her coach last year, she made a good base last year. She wants to make this season even better. She said Yuka Sato could be a tough coach, but Yuka is also a very gentle and understanding coach at the same time. (or something like that)

Mai was then asked the same question, what she does to keep her beauty. Mai also could not come up with a beauty tip, and she just said she wants to ask the very same question back to the MC for her beauty.

Thanksmate
08-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Still in the intermission
Takahiko (Mura), Narumi, both Kerrs, Adam, Mai, and Mao came out the rink and gave away their personal goods. The fans that made a donation of more than 500 yen for the disaster relief before the show were given a chance to win the goods.

Every skater picked a paper from a box, and called out the number written on it. Every time the number was read, I heard a split second scream from the winner in the audience.

Skaters gave away the followings:
Takahiko Mura – Sweat zip up which he wore on the podium at Asian Winter Games.
Narumi – T-shirt she signed and drew a picture. Charlie also signed the shirt and drew a penguin.
Kerrs – Each gave a British team t-shirt from 2010 Vancouver Olympics, signed. When Seneard was done with picking a paper out of the box, the MC skipped on John as she thought one T-shirt was given from the pair. John shyly stopped the MC, and protested they each give away a T-shirt. Then he picked a paper from the box and read out the number in Japanese. That was cute.
Mai – The Ice 2011 shirt she was wearing that day. She will take it off in the end of the show and give to the winner.
Mao – A bag given to all the skaters at the 2011 Worlds.

Thanksmate
08-02-2011, 06:09 PM
I hope it is OK to consecutively. Please let me know if I am violating the forum rules.

Finally the 2nd half of the show

Dance Competition
The tournament was carried out during the tour. On Sunday in Osaka, they had the final match, and it was between Narumi and Sinead.
Jeff and Mai hosted the competition, and they first showed us how the competition was played. Jeff skated to the music for a short time, and Mai took her turn to dance for the same amount of the time, then Jeff, then Mai, then Jeff, then Mai, and towards to the end they both danced at the same time.
Sinead was a great dancer, sexy and fun. Narumi was, wow, she was so funny and hyper. From her performance in the 1st show, I did not expect this craziness from her. She seems very extroverted and not shy to express herself. She was having fun.

After the dance, the winner was decided by how much support they get from the audience. I think they both got a similar amount of the support, maybe just little bit louder for Narumi. Jeff decided the winner as Narumi. The prize was iPad 2. While Narumi was giving a victory lap, Sinead pretended to steal the iPad2 and skated off ton to the back stage with it. Narumi chased her and fell. Sinead came back to the ice and gave her back the prize.

Joannie Rochette
She looked pretty in a pink dress. Her jumps were very nice. She received standing ovation.

Florent Amodio
I am sorry I do not know the name of the music. In the beginning, there is a lightening sound, and slow music. Then, the music was changed to maybe Michael Jackson? He did moon walk and lots of dance moves. He is a great show skater.

Florent and Kanako – Pretty Woman
After Amodio’s Jackson skate, Music was changed to Pretty Woman, and Kanako joined him to skate. They both are energetic skaters and it was a fun program. He kissed her in the cheek after the performance. It was funny that an old guy seated behind me did not seem comfortable every time a foreign male skater touched/kissed a Japanese female skater. He was acting like a father of all the young female Japanese skaters throughout the show.

Qing Pang and Jian Tong – The Impossible Dream
Their throw twist and jump were big and impressive. They did not seem particularly fast, but I liked their performance. Some people on this forum may not be the biggest fan of the Impossible Dream program, but I was so happy I got to see it live, finally. And the Japanese audience at the show appreciated their performance very much. Standing ovation.

Jeffery Buttle
He wore all white and not tight costume. Long sleeves and long pants. Pants shaped like the ones he wore for a Whole New World, just not that baggy. Sleeves are also not tight. I do not know how to explain, around the wrists they are not lose but other parts are lose and air inside. Can I say “puffy” sleeves?
I do not know the name of the music, his twitter says Enigma program. It was slow music, and I remember I enjoyed his skating but I was too busy just watching the performance and forgot to write down what he did. Standing ovation.

Alissa – Moon River
She is really a beautiful skater. I enjoyed her skate, spirals, spins and everything else she did. I think I like ballet jumps. She was taller than I thought. Standing ovation.

Meryl Davis and Charlie White
Indian music from 2010 Olympics. They were fast and quick, and had very interesting choreography. No wonder they are champions. Standing Ovation.

Takahiko Kozuka
Fast and smooth. The program had intricate but smooth steps toward the end. Standing ovation.

Mao Asada – Jupiter
Wow, it was a mesmerizing performance. Her dress was beautiful. She can change the pace during the same performance. Some part she skates slow, some part she skates fast. Anyway, I loved it, loved it, loved it!

robinhood
08-02-2011, 07:40 PM
thanks mate!!

that was awesome!

morqet
08-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Thank you for the report Thanksmate! :cheer2:

skatesindreams
08-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Thanksmate, I'm grateful for your detailed account!

Jeffrey Buttle's program music in the 2nd Half was Nimrod/"Enigma Variations" by Sir Edward Elgar.
I'm eagerly awaiting his performance when the broadcast is shown.
I'm looking forward to seeing the audience respond to his beautiful skating!

sk9tingfan
08-04-2011, 01:58 AM
The first two of several video blogs by Adam Rippon about The Ice from a backstage perspective. It sounds like there will be a few more.

http://www.universalsports.com/video/assetid=ba37b7b0-76cd-4eda-8ffd-948fcea79f37.html

http://www.universalsports.com/video/assetid=004e214b-9f80-4e4c-81b8-2e1724e1170e.html

dinakt
08-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Only now catching up to the videos from this wonderful show. But first impression- Mao, stunningly beautiful. The jumps look more secure, yes? And she seems healthier. Hope her competitive season is great- what a beautiful skater she is!

wnstnluv
08-05-2011, 04:38 AM
I was looking for Mirai's performance and came across this:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/the+ice+2011

Can someone pleeeeez tell me what this is about??? I see that Takahiko dressed up like a girl using Mao's top, but it looks like he's kissing Mao and there is nothing written in the notes! :swoon:

Please tell me! I'm dying to know, are they a couple? Is this part of their program? I watched the videos that were uploaded in this section, but I didn't see this!

tianrushui
08-05-2011, 05:22 AM
I was looking for Mirai's performance and came across this:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/the+ice+2011

Can someone pleeeeez tell me what this is about??? I see that Takahiko dressed up like a girl using Mao's top, but it looks like he's kissing Mao and there is nothing written in the notes! :swoon:

Please tell me! I'm dying to know, are they a couple? Is this part of their program? I watched the videos that were uploaded in this section, but I didn't see this!

Takahiko forgot his costume twice during the tour. So as a punishment, he had to wear girl's costume and dress like a girl during finale. And the pink top he wore is actually the one Mao wore in last year's The Ice finale.

Takahiko kissed Mao at the final show in Osaka. There is no official news that they are a couple although many people would love to see them being together. Until now, they are just friends grow up together and training mate:lol:

wnstnluv
08-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Thank you, tianrushui! :)

They would look so cute as a couple! :swoon:

galaxy
08-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Takahiko kissed Mao at the final show in Osaka. There is no official news that they are a couple although many people would love to see them being together. Until now, they are just friends grow up together and training mate:lol:

These are the guys who have kissed her during The Ice performances.: Jeffrey Buttle, Plushenko and Kozuka. I envy her! :lol:

Thanks a lot, Thanksmate for the long and detailed reports. I felt like I had been there. Much much appreciated!