PDA

View Full Version : The ICE 2011 tour in Japan, July 23-31

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

kwanatic
07-24-2011, 03:47 AM
News clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNzzl3bo4SE :)

Kanako looks gorgeous and so grown up!

WOW! She looks amazing! What happen to my little Hello Kitty on sugar Kanako? :lol:

I love the newer, more mature Kanako. I hope to see more of her in the coming year.

Any news on Mirai?

galaxy
07-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Another video clip, including an interview with Mao during a rehearsal. (She seems very busy.) She spoke to Tohoku people, " We will try our best to bring the energy of this show to you, so please look forward."

There are also short clips of Davis/White, Buttle, and Kerrs. As a group number,they skated to Pirates of Caribbean! Then you can see a bit of Mao's another exhibition and Kanako's another exhibition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gCzjaNY60M&feature=youtu.be

galaxy
07-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Once again, thank you very much, all the skaters who are participating in this show without performance fees. I hope people in Tohoku who are invited to the show will enjoy The Ice and have a great time.

Athena
07-24-2011, 05:32 PM
News clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNzzl3bo4SE :)

Kanako looks gorgeous and so grown up!

Like it! She showed so much more maturity than last season, the dress is beautiful.

Akira Andrea
07-24-2011, 09:33 PM
In “The Ice 2011”, Mao Asada seems to have showed two exhibition programs as follows.

“Chopin‘s Waltz No.7, Op 64. No.2 in C-sharp minor” arranged by Jazz
Choreography: Tatiana Tarasowa.

“Jupiter” by lyrics of Ayaka Hirahara
Choreography: Lori Nichol

News clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gCzjaNY60M

Lombardia412
07-24-2011, 11:11 PM
In “The Ice 2011”, Mao Asada seems to have showed two exhibition programs as follows.

“Chopin‘s Waltz No.7, Op 64. No.2 in C-sharp minor” arranged by Jazz
Choreography: Tatiana Tarasowa.

“Jupiter” by lyrics of Ayaka Hirahara
Choreography: Lori Nichol

:encore::encore: Mao & Lori !! Always a pleasure and I loved Tarasova's Ballade No.1 choreography to pieces last season.

Jammers
07-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Is that Kanako? Wow it's amazing how in less then a year she went from adorable sprite to a mature young lady. She looks about 18 or 19 now.

ponta1
07-25-2011, 01:44 AM
Is that Kanako? Wow it's amazing how in less then a year she went from adorable sprite to a mature young lady. She looks about 18 or 19 now.

Wow! Last season there were some criticizing her for being too "cutesy" (although I loved it!); this should silence them! I think Mao should use the same costume designer as Kanako's...

luCN
07-25-2011, 02:52 AM
I alway love the Ice's group and pair numbers,can't wait to see the videos!

jollyroger
07-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Any news on mirai? :D

foreverkwanfan
07-25-2011, 06:12 AM
Dying to see Adams two new exhibition numbers.
Impatiently awaiting videos. :(

galaxy
07-25-2011, 04:16 PM
According to the staff blog, there seems to be Dance Battle, named "Jeffrey Buttle Championship" . :lol:

The results are :

July 23 Gala from 11:30 1st round

Kozuka vs Rippon Kozuka won

July 23 Gala from 16:30 1st round

Sinead Kerr vs John Kerr Sinead won

July 24 Gala from 11:30 1st round

Amodio vs Hanyu Hanyu won

July 24 Gala from 16:00 1st round

Buttle vs Narumi Takahashi Narumi won
July 30 Gala from 12:00 Semi final

Kozuka vs Sinead Kerr

July 30 Gala from 17:00 Semi final

Hanyu vs Narumi Takahashi

July 31 Gala from 12:00 Final

? vs ?

Looks like fun. I wonder what kind of competition it is. Does someone know?

sk9tingfan
07-25-2011, 04:31 PM
According to the staff blog, there seems to be Dance Battle, named "Jeffrey Buttle Championship" . :lol:

Looks like fun. I wonder what kind of competition it is. Does someone know?

I'm not sure about this year, but last year, I know that they did a spin competition. I guess we'll have to wait for details.

Akira Andrea
07-26-2011, 12:35 PM
The talk show in “The Ice 2011 in Aichi”
This is an article in the personal blog “Kiwi Room” in Japan.
Translated from Japanese.
July 25 th, 2011 JST

In the intermission, there was a talk show. The talk show was pleasant because it was full of personality.

As for the talk show of the daytime of the last day of Aichi performance, Kanako Murakami and Mirai Nagasu participated.
The pleasant chat which the innocent or artless aspect of Mirai Nagasu was exhibited well in, was unrolled.
In the case of a player who needs an interpreter, the topics doesn't develop too much, because they repeat a question and an answer, but, because Nagasu can speak Japanese, she was free between making a joke and making fun of the topics (lol).
Although Murakami’s answer was always one of the honor student.
Please understand that the words don't agree fully the fact because I am writing while remembering.
I wish you felt an atmosphere and a rough nuance.

At first, as for the impression of each other when they met for the first time.
When Murakami was praising Nagasu, Nagasu broke into a conversation, saying "But she may be saying so because this is on TV broadcasting, mayn't she?".
Contrarily, when her turn came, Nagasu answered with mixing a joke, saying "I am an ill-natured person. No! No, it is lie! I am an opposite person of an ill-natured person (lol)".
But, as Nagasu praised Murakami properly, saying "I have already been surpassed because the activity of Kanako is splendid", Murakami talked back with the flurried look, saying "No, there is not such fact as for us".
It was impressive that both together said, "we are friend rather than rival" against the query of the announcer saying, "you two are a good rival each, aren't you?".
Both showed “HenGao” or “the odd or funny face” which they are playing always (lol).
Here also, Nagasu said, “HenGao” is easy to show”.

It developed variously also from the query of answering with “O” or “X”.
Against the query saying, "Would you like to play honestly?"
Murakami said, "I would like to play, but I become uneasy if I does not practice even if it is one day. Also today, I think that I practice here after the show because this rink is reserved"
Nagasu said, "I would like to practice now, because I got sick of playing because I had been playing at the beach etc when I could not practice by an injury last year".

And as for the query saying, "Have you a favorite person?" or "What type do you like?".
Murakami answered "Justin Beaver". Nagasu answered "Takuya Kimura".

At last, against the query saying, “Please give the message to the earthquake victim”

As soon as Murakami said, "Although I am poor at skating, ...", Nagasu broke into a conversation saying , "She is saying a lie". Then Murakami continued to speak, saying, "I would like to send everybody cheer while doing my best".
Nagasu said, "It is pressure for me because Kanako spoke well..., but I hope that everybody do their best without being defeated to it because it is as if Japan suffered an injury this time, too, though I had a hard time by an injury". As for the last part of Nagasu's words, I am not somewhat sure of myself.
But they seemed to be good friends and it was pleasant talk show.

The article:
http://kiwiroom.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/the-ice-2011%E6%84%9B%E7%9F%A5%E5%85%AC%E6%BC%94%EF%BC%9A% E3%83%88%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83 %BC/

kwanatic
07-26-2011, 01:08 PM
^^Thanks for that! Mirai's a character no matter where she goes :lol:

I can't wait for some video from the show...what's taking so long?