PDA

View Full Version : Liz Phair Whitechocolatespaceegg cd

haribobo
06-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Does anyone have/remember/still listen to this cd? It is just so :swoon: I can't even explain....just downloaded it this AM after not having it for 8 years or so. WOW, so good. :cheer:

What's she up to these days? Haven't heard anything in forever.

Lanie
06-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Oh, man, memories! I loved that CD!

I was also listening to Paula Cole last night and remembering how much I loved her "This Fire" album.

Satellitegirl
06-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the reminders of these two great artists :) I'm off to listen now.

genevieve
06-10-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm not a fan of her later cds but Liz Phair's Exile in Guyville is and will always be one of my "Island Must Have" top 10 albums.

overedge
06-11-2011, 08:25 AM
What's she up to these days? Haven't heard anything in forever.

She recently had an album on her own label - the guy who signed her to her last big name label got fired and a lot of the artists he signed got dropped :( So she is going it alone. The record sounds..challenging. Apparently she's into Bollywood and spoken word, and a lot of the tracks on the record are :confused:

She played a couple of live shows last year when the record came out.

And she does incidental music for the (second-generation) 90210 TV series. No, really. I just about fell off my couch when I saw her name in the credits.

TygerLily
06-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm not a fan of her later cds but Liz Phair's Exile in Guyville is and will always be one of my "Island Must Have" top 10 albums.Yeah, I'd lost my copy of that CD and found an anniversary edition in a store just recently! It was lovely listening to it again. I also love Whip Smart, but didn't lose it so it's not so fresh right now.

jenny12
06-11-2011, 10:50 PM
I love Liz Phair and remember listening to her a lot in the 90s. She and Poe were two of my favorite girl-power rockers.