PDA

View Full Version : A Book is Like a Garden in Your Pocket

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

IceAlisa
08-24-2011, 10:52 PM
My husband and I are on vacation and were eating at our hotel tonight...and I looked up and MARGARET ATWOOD is sitting at the next table! They were having after dinner drinks and talking about signing kindles, and writing books, and politics and stuff and I was shushing my husband and eavesdropping madly. Where is my copy of Alias Grace or The Robber Bride when I need a book.

:eek: That's awesome.

I am going to fight Voldeprancer. Hubby bought me a Kindle about a year ago and I had him send it back...

galaxygirl
08-25-2011, 12:22 AM

I am going to fight Voldeprancer. Hubby bought me a Kindle about a year ago and I had him send it back...

Wise decision. He should have bought you a Nook instead.

rfisher
08-25-2011, 12:35 AM

Harry lives!

I'll be on top of my Potter references for a few weeks as I'm listening to the series again. For the 10th time. :D I just finished CoS.

Prancer
08-25-2011, 12:38 AM
And when Voldeprancer invades with the ebook legions, I can be Bellatrix. I can't believe I'm so gung-ho about a technology but I am.

I am not sure why I am supposed to represent the dark side when I am only trying to bring enlightenment to the masses. I represent the future, not the beknighted past.

Unfortunately, I can't read any books, e or print, until I finish reading these ghastly papers.

oleada
08-25-2011, 12:39 AM
rjblue, that's an awesome story. You ares so lucky! I love The Handmaid's Tale and Cat's Eye. You Fit Into Me is one of my favorite poems :shuffle:

rfisher
08-25-2011, 12:41 AM
I am not sure why I am supposed to represent the dark side when I am only trying to bring enlightenment to the masses. I represent the future, not the beknighted past.

Unfortunately, I can't read any books, e or print, until I finish reading these ghastly papers.

Precisely, what one would expect Voldemort to say. Except for the paper grading part. A minion would be handling that. Perhaps Prtrix could take care of that for you.

Prancer
08-25-2011, 01:14 AM
A minion would be handling that.

So good of you to volunteer; always wonderful to be able to hand them off to someone with experience whom I can trust.

Enjoy! Oh, and here's an MLA handbook, so you can check all the citations.

rjblue
08-25-2011, 01:16 AM
My daughter is threatening to burn even the Kindles that Margaret Atwood has signed. I'm indifferent, as long as I can read it on paper, in the bathtub.

We were in Bridgewater Nova Scotia last night, at a Best Western. It looked like the group had been at a wedding or something, and that Margaret was indulging some fans with a fireside chat. She's just as cool up close as she seems on TV- the most composed woman I've ever seen, but it seems like everything she says is well thought out.

rfisher
08-25-2011, 02:29 AM
So good of you to volunteer; always wonderful to be able to hand them off to someone with experience whom I can trust.

Enjoy! Oh, and here's an MLA handbook, so you can check all the citations.

Hold on Voldeprancer. I'm not practicing the dark arts. I'm getting my wand polished up to help IceHarry.

IceAlisa
08-25-2011, 02:29 AM
Hold on Voldeprancer. I'm not practicing the dark arts. I'm getting my wand polished up to help IceHarry.

:rofl:

Spinner
08-25-2011, 02:35 AM
Hasn't every insane being that secretly plotted to takeover the universe said the same thing?

BYTCH
08-25-2011, 04:49 AM
I was just invited to a hurricane party. :cheer2: uhhhh wait a minute - - :eek: Message to Irene: check out the Carolinas, girlfren' it's beautiful there this time of year.

Right now the National Hurricane Center gives only a 5% chance of Cape Cod getting hurricane force winds from Ms. I., so hopefully the hurricane party should be short :watch:

Spinner
08-25-2011, 05:39 AM
I was just invited to a hurricane party. :cheer2: uhhhh wait a minute - - :eek: Message to Irene: check out the Carolinas, girlfren' it's beautiful there this time of year.

Right now the National Hurricane Center gives only a 5% chance of Cape Cod getting hurricane force winds from Ms. I., so hopefully the hurricane party should be short :watch:

And you posted this in the book discussion thread because....??? :P

Matryeshka
08-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Hasn't every insane being that secretly plotted to takeover the universe said the same thing?

But this time it's different. She has A Plan.

Prancer
08-25-2011, 06:22 AM

Hasn't every visionary always been dragged down by the stiff-necked masses and their resistance to change?

And you posted this in the book discussion thread because....??? :P

That hurricane done got her mind in a spin.