PDA

View Full Version : Little Gems from Prince Philip...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

taf2002
06-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the history lesson. But look at your original statement. You make it sound like all Germans & Russians have to apologize for their nation. Only murderers need to feel guilt for murder. I feel no guilt for the murders due to American policy.

I found very few of Prince Phillip's gaffes funny. More like elitist & ignorant.

Rex
06-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I read somewhere where he and the late Princess Margaret used to trade racist jokes to one another. The Queen Mum made her share of comments too. Wish I could remember where I read this; I was living in San Diego at the time.

overedge
06-10-2011, 04:09 PM
There's one that missing, and I can't find when he said it....he was asked what was the main problem in Brazil (I think this was in reference to the rainforests being destroyed) and his answer was "Brazilians live there".

Orable
06-10-2011, 04:13 PM
He sounds like a thoroughly unpleasant man. :blah:

milanessa
06-10-2011, 04:25 PM

He does, doesn't he?

IceAlisa
06-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Do you think the young princes' attitude is better?

DarrellH
06-10-2011, 06:31 PM
In looking at the picture of Him and Elizabeth when the were younger (in the article), I can see a little of Prince Harry.

milanessa
06-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Do you think the young princes' attitude is better?

:confused: I was talking about the OP's link. Are you drifting?

IceAlisa
06-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Are you drifting?

Yes.

milanessa
06-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Okay. Well, I remember a few decades ago when Prince Charles was taken to task in the media (and some public) for the lack of minorities in whatever regiment it was that he commanded and the Royals in general prefer that no one of color be on their staff. As far as the youngest princes the only thing I'm aware of is Harry's wearing of a Nazi uniform to a costume party.

StonewshMullet
06-10-2011, 08:00 PM

Makes you feel kinda bad for Prince Charles. They really were shitty parents.

nerdycool
06-10-2011, 08:45 PM
While I don't condone some of his more racist or ignorant comments, I do give him some slack on some of them. Because really, nowadays people complain about everyone being so PC in their speech as to not offend someone. Prince Philip is not PC, and given his age, I doubt he will start any time soon. And although he could use a filter on some of his thoughts, I enjoy the fact that he says whatever comes into his head.

milanessa
06-10-2011, 09:04 PM
While I don't condone some of his more racist or ignorant comments, I do give him some slack on some of them. Because really, nowadays people complain about everyone being so PC in their speech as to not offend someone. Prince Philip is not PC, and given his age, I doubt he will start any time soon. And although he could use a filter on some of his thoughts, I enjoy the fact that he says whatever comes into his head.

You're kidding right?

nerdycool
06-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Nope, and I don't think that my opinion on the matter makes me a bad person.

IceAlisa
06-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Actually, with age on occasion the gradual destruction of the brain function may lead to a weakened or in some cases, an obliterated social filter. I think that was the case with Helen Thomas and her infamous Jews remark.