PDA

View Full Version : Cereal: What you have vs. What you want..

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

BigB08822
06-09-2011, 03:00 PM
What I have: store-brand Lucky Charms

What I want: pizza

:rofl:

That got me to thinking about store brand cereals. Does anyone buy them, besides Garr?

I have tried them a few times but they simply are not the same. I wish they were because name brand cereal is a bit more than the store brand.

JamieSix
06-09-2011, 03:28 PM
What I have: old fashioned oats with peanut butter, milk, and honey.

What I want: Cocoa Puffs; old fashioned oats with peanut butter, milk, and honey. One out of two ain't bad. :)

Norlite
06-09-2011, 03:37 PM
What I have: bran flakes, oatmeal shreddies.

What I want : bran flakes, oatmeal and shreddies covered in brown sugar.

Stormy
06-09-2011, 04:01 PM
What I have: Total

What I want: Yogurt Burst Vanilla Cheerios (I don't even think they make those anymore) :(

Aimless
06-09-2011, 04:02 PM
What I have: Uncle Sam--nice and crunchy, rigorously healthy with the flax seeds. Good over yogurt with blueberries.

What I want: Fruit loops. Critical, crippling weakness for Froot loops.

Aceon6
06-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Have: Grape Nuts
Want: Frosted Flakes

Spinner
06-09-2011, 04:54 PM
A question...why aren't the "have" and "want" cereals the same? Is someone forcing you to buy the "box would taste better" kinds? ;) :P

Nan
06-09-2011, 05:03 PM
That got me to thinking about store brand cereals. Does anyone buy them, besides Garr?

Always, from Kroger. They are much less expensive and my husband and grandson (the cereal eaters in the family) like almost all the ones I've tried.

Rex
06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
What I have: NONE. No cereals on Atkins :fragile:.

What I want: Apple Jacks, Cap'n Crunch in any flavor, Cheerios.

A nice large bowl of Apple Jacks with cold milk :inavoid:. I love that stuff.

skatingfan5
06-09-2011, 05:11 PM
What I have: plain, old-fashioned oatmeal (with raisins or bananas)

What I want: temperatures cool enough so that I will be able to cook/eat oatmeal (it's been in the mid-upper 90's the past week and I don't have air conditioning)

NancyNC
06-09-2011, 05:17 PM
What I have: Basic 4
What I want: I actually like Basic 4, so want that. But for a nostalgic treat I would have to say Alpha-Bits or Frosted Flakes. :)

LuckyCharm
06-09-2011, 11:55 PM
:rofl:

I have tried them a few times but they simply are not the same. I wish they were because name brand cereal is a bit more than the store brand.

I don't buy corn flakes very often, but when I do it's usually a store brand. It's hard to mess up corn flakes. Some of the family eat store brand raisin bran, too (I hate raisins, period.) The other varieties, not so much. I agree, they're just not the same. My dad used to save boxes of the brand name stuff, then buy the store brand and put it in the boxes. We always figured it out right away, so he finally gave up.

Aceon6
06-10-2011, 12:48 AM
A question...why aren't the "have" and "want" cereals the same? Is someone forcing you to buy the "box would taste better" kinds? ;) :P

I think some of us buy healthy adult cereals now that we're grown, but our inner children prefer the kid's stuff.

KatieC
06-10-2011, 12:55 AM
I got hooked back on Fruit Loops while going to Weight Watchers. A cup of them plus a quarter cup of milk were 2 1/2 points, when I had 18 points to spread throughout the day. It felt like I was starting off the day with a treat. I think the point total is higher now. :shuffle:

birdgal
06-10-2011, 03:03 AM
I like the Kashi Go Lean cereal; high protein, high fiber. I, especially, like the twigs.

The other ones, have way too much sugar for me. The kid in me, always liked Captain Crunch, Rice Krispies, and Sugar Pops.