PDA

View Full Version : Cereal: What you have vs. What you want..

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

LuckyCharm
06-09-2011, 01:18 AM
It's great to be so popular.:o

What I have: Cheerios, Corn Pops

What I want: Corn Pops. Frosted Flakes would be nice too.

This thread is so random that it's awesome.:hat1:

Kasey
06-09-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm such a cereal purist. My favorites are plain Cheerios, plain mini Shredded Wheat, Special K.

(I do right now have some lovely natural low sugar granola, that works quite nicely with yogurt and strawberries!)

LilJen
06-09-2011, 02:04 AM
I don't eat a lot of cereal these days. it's just too. . . disappointing for me. I do occasionally make homemade granola (whole oats + lots of nuts + a hint of brown sugar, all bathed in an oil+syrup mixture and baked in the oven).

What I want: For "organic"/"healthy" cereals to stop pretending that organic evaporated cane juice is, chemically, anything more than SUGAR. (Yeah, it's organic, which is, indeed, a good thing, but it's still SUGAR!!) Can we have something low sugar that isn't artificially sweetened? Please????

MacMadame
06-09-2011, 02:08 AM
What I want: Banana nut cheerios

What I have: Banana nut cheerios.

Good for you!

I hardly ever eat cereal but when I do, it's Crispix or Oatmeal Squares and I consider both a great treat.

stanhope
06-09-2011, 02:10 AM
What I have: Granola from the Whole Foods bins

What I want: A certain Sam's Club brand granola that they discontinued several years ago. I still think about it after all these years...but now I can't remember the name. :(

Habs
06-09-2011, 02:59 AM
What I have: Raisin Bran, oatmeal, Cream of Wheat

What I want: Fruity Pebbles :(

I LOVE Fruity Pebbles but can't find them here :(

another sk8rmom
06-09-2011, 03:04 AM
What I have: Honey Bunches of Oats, Corn Chex

What I want: Quisp

lmarie086
06-09-2011, 03:47 AM
I'm pretty satisfied with my Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, but I'd love some granola with yogurt and strawberries (thank you Kasey for reminding me to add that to my grocery list lol).

oleada
06-09-2011, 04:11 AM
What I have: boring organic granola
What I want: Cinnamon Toast Crunch

aka_gerbil
06-09-2011, 06:18 AM
What I have: no cereal

What I want: Smurfberry Crunch. It's the only cereal I've ever really liked... Last fall, they had various flavors of Kellogg's Pops cereal out. The strawberry tasted like the pink pieces of Smurfberry. If they'd only had blueberry, we'd have been in business.

I'm not so muchly so a cereal person at all. Other than Smurfberry, which came out before I was even in Kindergarten, there has never been another cereal I've ever cared to eat for breakfast.

Yeah, I know, it's weird...

genevieve
06-09-2011, 07:02 AM
what a funny thread :lol:

what I have: no cereal

what I have when I buy cereal (only a couple times a year): either the Trader Joe's version of cheerios or one of those flake type cereals with nuts from the health food store

what I wish I had: I used to love sugary cereals but I don't any more. I like the cereals I buy. I always liked Rice Chex though...I don't buy cereals that are $4+ a box, though, so maybe that's what I wish I had.

Japanfan
06-09-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm not a cereal person either and don't eat breakfast usually. Though I have fond memories of Weetabix with warm milk on a cold winter day.

But I do love Harvest Crunch for a snack, though I don't buy it often.

skatefan
06-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Ah yes, Weetabix with hot milk and dark brown sugar on top, yummy :)

I also love Nestle Raisin Oats & More and Quaker Oats 'Oat so Simple' sultanas, raisins, cranberry & apple variety :)

What I don't have but like are Kelloggs Frosties. And porridge with dark brown sugar on top and a dollop of golden syrup :shuffle:

Gypsy
06-09-2011, 01:29 PM
What I have: None right now

What I want:

Chocolate Life (they don't make it anymore)
Fruit Loops
Apple Jacks
Banana Nut Crunch
Cream of Wheat (with a little butter & cream)
Homemade Oatmeal with butter & brown sugar
Chocolate Malt-O-Meal

GarrAarghHrumph
06-09-2011, 02:43 PM
What I have: store-brand Lucky Charms

What I want: pizza