PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Off-Season - All the Changes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

oubik
07-14-2011, 04:14 PM
And he did not know about the contracts before the try-outs? :confused:

Better to earn money then throwing them out of window with many problems to come (citizenships, releases, hard training etc.)

Ziggy
07-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Unofficial but I heard that Otar Japaridze has retired.

I hope it's just a rumour because he's :psoty: and I really enjoyed his powerful skating.

That would leave Elene G as the only Georgian skater competing at present.

Ziggy
07-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Update 2

Retired

Kristine Musademba

Injured

Alexis Miart of Zahorski/Miart seriously injured his ankle and had surgery. He is going to be off-ice for 3months.

GP Selection Details published

A 2011-2012 GP Announcement has been published:
http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,4844-128610-19728-18886-314266-3572-4771-layout160-129918-news-item,00.html

Minimum score for GP entry confirmed as 2/3 of the highest score in each discipline at 2011 Worlds.

The alternate lists are going to be built in the following order (reposting a post originally by Sedge):

• Come back skaters will be placed in the top position of the alternate list.

• Split couples who were previously in the top 12 of a World Championship would be next on the list taking the points of the previous partner. This places them in second top position on the alternate listing.

• Skaters in proper order of top 24 season’s best would be next.

• Skaters from the top 24 who have only one event will be listed in the next order and should be picked in that order (done by points).

• All other Skaters in the top 75 season’s best would be listed next.

• Selected International Competitions’ winners are placed on the bottom of the alternate listing.

FSWer
07-28-2011, 02:16 AM
More pair changes:

Mandy Garza/Brandon Frazier - split
Haven Denney/Daniel Raad - split
Haven Denney/Brandon Frazier - new team (re-teamed)

Retirements -
Inoue/Baldwin (she's pregnant)
Aaron/Cohen
Moore/Gaumond
Bereswill/Young

Are we saying Rena Inoue is Retired from Pairs? What about Ice-Dance? Were did you get this info. btw. When I put my folders together. I'm always wondering how correct I am with who's still skating/Partnered up.

FSWer
07-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Update 2

Retired

Kristine Musademba

Injured

Alexis Miart of Zahorski/Miart seriously injured his ankle and had surgery. He is going to be off-ice for 3months.

GP Selection Details published

A 2011-2012 GP Announcement has been published:
http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,4844-128610-19728-18886-314266-3572-4771-layout160-129918-news-item,00.html

Minimum score for GP entry confirmed as 2/3 of the highest score in each discipline at 2011 Worlds.

The alternate lists are going to be built in the following order (reposting a post originally by Sedge):

• Come back skaters will be placed in the top position of the alternate list.

• Split couples who were previously in the top 12 of a World Championship would be next on the list taking the points of the previous partner. This places them in second top position on the alternate listing.

• Skaters in proper order of top 24 season’s best would be next.

• Skaters from the top 24 who have only one event will be listed in the next order and should be picked in that order (done by points).

• All other Skaters in the top 75 season’s best would be listed next.

• Selected International Competitions’ winners are placed on the bottom of the alternate listing.

Is Kristine Mustabumba fully Retired? Or going back on ice? What about Rena?

madm
07-28-2011, 03:44 AM
Are we saying Rena Inoue is Retired from Pairs? What about Ice-Dance? Were did you get this info. btw. When I put my folders together. I'm always wondering how correct I am with who's still skating/Partnered up.

There was an article somewhere in an FSU thread where Tiffany Vise (partner of Don Baldwin) mentioned that Rena Inoue is pregnant and due in November.

Sylvia
07-28-2011, 02:58 PM
There was an article somewhere in an FSU thread where Tiffany Vise (partner of Don Baldwin) mentioned that Rena Inoue is pregnant and due in November.
Actually it was Don Baldwin who spilled the beans in the GS article -- link to the GSD thread: Rena Inoue pregnant (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79017).

Were did you get this info. btw. When I put my folders together. I'm always wondering how correct I am with who's still skating/Partnered up.
FSWer, you'll just have to trust that the information posted in this thread is reliable and up-to-date. :)

According to information I received earlier this summer, Kristine Musademba is starting college full-time in the fall and will not be competing in the coming season (she hasn't officially announced her retirement but very few skaters do these days).

New Canadian dance team of Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier announced -- GSD thread with article link: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79627

Finnice
07-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Unofficial but I heard that Otar Japaridze has retired.

I hope it's just a rumour because he's :psoty: and I really enjoyed his powerful skating.

:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed
Dear Ziggy, I hope the rumour is wrong. We need to keep at least some :psoty: es there!:drama:

FSWer
07-29-2011, 03:07 AM
Is Rena returning to Pairs after she has her kid?

Ziggy
07-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Great to hear about Gilles/Poirer. :)

Hedwig
07-29-2011, 06:23 PM

No she isn't.

She might to shows in a few years but she will not skate competitively again.

galaxygirl
07-29-2011, 06:25 PM

I don't think so. She's probably more interested in focusing on her family now. :)

kwanfan1818
07-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Are you seriously asking this?

She's 34 years old and retired after 2010 US Nationals.
And when did age or desire stop Papa Baldwin? ;)

Sylvia
07-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't think Inoue/Baldwin ever officially announced their retirement from competition (via US Figure Skating anyway), but I think it's safe to assume they're done competing as eligibles.

UPDATE: The news came out during the Liberty Summer Competition earlier this month that the new U.S. Senior pair team of Felicia Zhang and Nate Bartholomay are relocating from the University of Delaware to Ellenton, Florida to train with Jim Peterson, Lyndon Johnston et al.

Hedwig
07-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Surpise, cause I have heard that he is moving back to Ukraine from Oberstdorf as the goverment and/or sponsors do not want to spend money abroad but he is continuing till Sochi Games. :shuffle:

No, he is really retiring. :(
He gave a farewell show at Oberstdorf just a few days ago.