PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Off-Season - All the Changes

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Ajax
06-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Peter Liebers (broke a bone, question mark over the next season)

Oh, that's horrible! I hope he recovers quickly and can get back on the ice soon. I loved his programs this year!

Frau Muller
06-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Jenna McCorkell's not that old. I think she's only 24 or 25......

Yes, she's 24, just like Carolina Kostner. It's KVDP who's pushing 29 (28 at moment but turns 29 in August). Not a bad jumper for 29...or any age, for that matter. :lol:

Ziggy
06-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Two more splits:

Emily Samuelson/Evan Bates
Adeline Canac/Yannick Bonheur

No idea about Adeline but everyone else is looking for new partners.

Oh and also Brooke Elisabeth Frieling / Lionel Rumi.

Looks like he's looking for a new partner as Papa Boria posted a call for skaters with Jewish heritage on the Israeli Fed's website.

Finnice
06-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Oh, that's horrible! I hope he recovers quickly and can get back on the ice soon. I loved his programs this year!

So sad for Peter, he made so much progress last season!
Federica Testa will continue, with a new partner, according to :sekret:

Zemgirl
06-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Two more splits:

Emily Samuelson/Evan Bates
Adeline Canac/Yannick Bonheur

No idea about Adeline but everyone else is looking for new partners.

Oh and also Brooke Elisabeth Frieling / Lionel Rumi.

Looks like he's looking for a new partner as Papa Boria posted a call for skaters with Jewish heritage on the Israeli Fed's website.
That call has been there forever; easier to import Jewish skaters than to develop a skating program in Israel, I guess.

We really do need another rink. And another federation to go with it. ;)

Yannick Bonheur is seriously planning to continue?

Hanna
06-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Federica Testa will continue, with a new partner, according to :sekret:

Since this is coming from you AND we have a new Italian ice dance coach, I have to wonder if this has something to do with Finland? :P

alhrayth
06-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Since this is coming from you AND we have a new Italian ice dance coach, I have to wonder if this has something to do with Finland? :P
;) ahah I heard that a few days ago ;) (about the coach... and some rumors about Fede but those are still unclear)

As I already read it on http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/ I suppose it's out there - Marchei is leaving Morozov & moving to Sato/Dungjen too (confirmed), w/ possible choreo from Pasquale (I know she would like and they had talked, I expect it to happen but haven't the official confirmation yet).

Finnice
06-29-2011, 11:25 AM

No comment on that. I just heard that she is not stopping.

Hanna
06-29-2011, 11:54 AM
;) ahah I heard that a few days ago ;) (about the coach... and some rumors about Fede but those are still unclear)

No comment on that. I just heard that she is not stopping.
After just a little bit of searching I found out myself. ;) I suppose it's not sekret since it's on the club website? http://www.hsk.fi/jaatanssi/jaatanssiparit/

alhrayth
06-29-2011, 12:18 PM
After just a little bit of searching I found out myself. ;) I suppose it's not sekret since it's on the club website? http://www.hsk.fi/jaatanssi/jaatanssiparit/

bueno! :) the source I heard about them actually didn't know the name of the guy... or better, I think she was even confused about his nationality! LOL

sk9tingfan
06-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Most recent article from the Detroit Free Press

http://www.freep.com/article/20110629/SPORTS17/106290385/1048/sports

Valentina Marchei's tenure at the club is confirmed to begin this weekend and an update on Adam Rippon. Interesting quote from Adam which has a "read between the lines quality"

On having Dungjen as his primary coach: "I wasn't expecting him to be so fine-tuned with his technique, and it works really well for me. I knew I needed to continue to fix and develop, and I think in the past it was kind of, like, 'Well, just do it.' With Jason, he's not worried about taking things back and starting over, and fixing them so I don't have any problems. He hasn't suffocated me with new ideas, which has been great as well."

Also, Evan Bates' teaming up with Madison Chock is also confirmed within this article.

Ziggy
06-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Ok sooooo:

Federica Testa/Christopher Mior - split
Federica Bernardi/Christopher Mior - new team
Federica Testa/Sasha Palomaki - new team (he's Finnish and used to skate with Oksana Klimova before, I guess they will represent FIN?)

Emily Samuelson/Evan Bates - split
Madison Chock/Evan Bates - new team
Emily is apparently looking for a new partner

Finnice
06-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Ok sooooo:

Federica Testa/Sasha Palomaki - new team (he's Finnish and used to skate with Oksana Klimova before, I guess they will represent FIN?)

I dare to confirm because it is on the club´s site. Yes, if Federica gets things sorted out, they will represent FIN.

If only Otar Japaridze would find a new partner soon...

kia_4EverOnIce
06-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Marchei is leaving Morozov & moving to Sato/Dungjen too (confirmed), w/ possible choreo from Pasquale (I know she would like and they had talked, I expect it to happen but haven't the official confirmation yet).

Italian "gazzetta dello sport" said the choreo from Pasquale was sure...(I hope it was right! :))

alhrayth
06-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Italian "gazzetta dello sport" said the choreo from Pasquale was sure...(I hope it was right! :))

I think it is, I know they talked and everything, and that was a big part of the plan.