Ziggy
06-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Latest batch of changes:

Coaching Changes:

Adam Rippon - Brian Orser > Ghislain Brand > Jason Dungjen
Javier Fernandez - Nikolai Morozov > Brian Orser

Partner Changes

Kaleigh Hole/Adam Johnson - split
Hole is going to focus on singles, whilst Johnson retired.

Darja Popova/Bruno Massot - new team (training under Steuer presumably)
What country are they going to represent?

Lucie Mysliveckova/Matej Nowak - split
He retired, she is looking for a new partner.

Injuries

Peter Liebers (broke a bone, question mark over the next season)

Retirements

Diane Szmiett
Shawn Sawyer confirmed

elfenblüte
06-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Sorry if itīs already posted somewhere, at the latest ISU Communication, the ISU decided to make Cyprus, Grenada and Morocco to new provisional ISU Members for Figure skating.

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-130127-131435-nav-list,00.html

lay'dback
06-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Jenna McCorkell & Kevin VDP left Juri Bureiko- training at Nottingham Ice Center with Gurgen Vardanjan (not sure how permenant this is). New programs choreographed already by Lorna Brown in LA. (hope they are good- cant be any worse! :D )

robinhood
06-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Jenna McCorkell & Kevin VDP left Juri Bureiko- training at Nottingham Ice Center with Gurgen Vardanjan (not sure how permenant this is). New programs choreographed already by Lorna Brown in LA. (hope they are good- cant be any worse! :D )

Are they continuing? :eek:

Jenna
06-19-2011, 11:17 PM

OMG. It's official. Jenna is the new granny of skating. :lol:

Even though Fumie's been around for longer, it feels like Jenna's skating career has lasted decades!

Ziggy
06-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks a lot, lay'dback.

Did Vardanjan relocate from Hungary to UK permanently or is he only consulting skaters there?

I can't say I'm surprised they didn't retire. :D

Sayana_mnk
06-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Did Vardanjan relocate from Hungary to UK permanently or is he only consulting skaters there?

Gurgen Vardanjan is as of last year the head coach at the National Ice Centre in Nottingham. Here is one source of many with that information: http://www.iceskating.org.uk/node/4571. Vardanjan is now also coaching David Richardson who trains along side his son, Tigran. It is my understanding that Kevin and Jenna are good friends with David; so it does not really surprise me that they are going to his coach now. Let's just hope that the coaching they receive is good enough for them to have no trouble keeping their jumps so that at least that portion of their "programs" are watchable. ;)

falling_dance
06-20-2011, 04:03 AM
Diane Szmiett

Szmiett's retirement isn't any great surprise, I'm sure, but I'm still a little sorry to hear of it. Her 2009 Cup of China freeskate was, for this viewer, one of the highlights of an otherwise disappointing ladies' event. Best of luck to her in her future endeavors. :)

oubik
06-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry if itīs already posted somewhere, at the latest ISU Communication, the ISU decided to make Cyprus, Grenada and Morocco to new provisional ISU Members for Figure skating.

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-130127-131435-nav-list,00.html

So, should we start off-season chit chat which of the 3rd and 4th tier american skaters has granfatherīs best friend of Grenada and Morrocco ancestry or which of them were vacating on Cyprus last summer? :dog:

lay'dback
06-25-2011, 04:22 PM

Heard that next season they may now be training with Simon & Debbie Briggs in Scotland. Programmes are def done (Lorna Brown) so they must be planning to continue.

Allskate
06-25-2011, 04:31 PM
It's certainly been an eventful off-season!

And it's still only June!

There's still plenty of time to hear about pregnancies, too -- real and otherwise. :lol:

victoriajh
06-25-2011, 05:44 PM
i missed the info about denny cutting her partner- 30 stiches yikes- was that why he spilt? sorry i did not want to go back thorugh the 800 post thread :)

plushenkofan
06-25-2011, 06:08 PM
According to artonice.it, dance team Federica Testa and Christopher Mior broke up and he is now skating with Federica Bernardi.

Skate Talker
06-25-2011, 06:11 PM
I guess you were really out of the loop. The accident happened right before they were to leave for Four Continents so they had to withdraw, allowing Rockne to compete at an ISU championship with his new partner.

I believe there is some speculation that Denney was the instigator of the split because she wanted to partner up with John Coughlin, who announced his break with Caitlin Yankowskas shortly after Worlds. (But I could have that wrong :))

blue_idealist
06-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Jenna McCorkell's not that old. I think she's only 24 or 25. I know what people mean though, it seems like she's been skating in ISU events forever. I guess it's because she started competing internationally quite young, being Britain's only good female singles skater.

I hope the coaching change brings positive stuff for both of them, as they've been struggling (especially her) in the last couple of seasons, although VDP did skate well at the 2011 Euros.