PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Off-Season - All the Changes

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Bookslut
06-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Is it my imagination or are skaters jumping off the Zakrajsek wagon in droves? Does anyone know what's going on there? Not suprised by Josh Farris leaving after the disaster at Nationals...but Agnes? Max Aaron seems to be staying, who else?

Sylvia
06-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Max Aaron seems to be staying, who else?
You can find the answer in this post: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3200130&postcount=24

lovesskating
06-10-2011, 07:19 PM
For Canadian Senior pairs Mylene Brodeur and John Mattatall have retired, Kaleigh Hole and Adam Johnson have split. Also Jade-Savannah Godin and Andrew Evans have split..

lovesskating
06-10-2011, 07:23 PM
As for Junior Pairs,
Tara Hancherow/Sebastien Wolfe split
Katherine Bobak/Matthew Penasse spilt
Natalie Kwong/Garnet Suidy split
Kristen Tikel/Ian Beharry split
Aveline Pearson/Alexander Sheldrick split
Catherine Balde/Maxime Deschamps split
Gabriella Debono/Christopher Sisca split..

Wow... Thats alot of Canadian pair teams gone..

fan
06-10-2011, 07:42 PM
, Kaleigh Hole and Adam Johnson have split. ..
i must have missed this - where did you hear this from?

lovesskating
06-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Around the rink's.

PeterG
06-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Whew!! Pretty eventful when you see it all in one place! Do we think this is it or is there time for more surprises?? :sekret:

I heard that not only will Meryl Davis now be skating with Scott Moir, and not only will Tessa Virtue skate with Charlie White, both both teams will now compete in pairs, and...wait for it...both will compete for Azerbaijan!!!!!!!!!!!

:peterg'sheadexploding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

blademate
06-10-2011, 11:34 PM
For Canadian Senior pairs Mylene Brodeur and John Mattatall have retired, Kaleigh Hole and Adam Johnson have split. Also Jade-Savannah Godin and Andrew Evans have split..

As for Junior Pairs,
Tara Hancherow/Sebastien Wolfe split
Katherine Bobak/Matthew Penasse spilt
Natalie Kwong/Garnet Suidy split
Kristen Tikel/Ian Beharry split
Aveline Pearson/Alexander Sheldrick split
Catherine Balde/Maxime Deschamps split
Gabriella Debono/Christopher Sisca split..

Zoey Brown/Maxime Deschamps
Katherine Bobak/Ian Beharry
Becky Cosford/Garnet Suidy
Julianna Seguin/Andrew Evans

...are 4 new pair teams that have formed.

Natalie Kwong has quit. Matthew Penasse and Christopher Sisca are looking.

Does anyone know if Hole and Johnson are still skating/looking for new partners?

sk9tingfan
06-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Whew!! Pretty eventful when you see it all in one place! Do we think this is it or is there time for more surprises?? :sekret:

To quote Yogi Berra,"It's not over till it's over"........;)

halffull
06-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Zoey Brown/Maxime Deschamps
Katherine Bobak/Ian Beharry
Becky Cosford/Garnet Suidy
Julianna Seguin/Andrew Evans

...are 4 new pair teams that have formed.

Natalie Kwong has quit. Matthew Penasse and Christopher Sisca are looking.

Does anyone know if Hole and Johnson are still skating/looking for new partners?

I assume the first two teams will be junior and the second two will be senior. Can anyone confirm?

My understanding is Hole will compete singles and Johnson is done.

blue_idealist
06-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Too bad about Hole and Johnson. They had some promise, but it was crowded at the top for Canadian pairs.

shutterbug
06-11-2011, 03:57 PM
I assume the first two teams will be junior and the second two will be senior. Can anyone confirm?

My understanding is Hole will compete singles and Johnson is done.

Brown & Deschamps are competing in juniors at the Championnats québécois d'été. Bobak & Beharry are both still junior age eligible, so may skate in juniors as well. Suidy (age 24) and Evans (age 23) will have to compete in seniors. Sorry to hear about Kaleigh & Adam. :( They had a nice look on the ice.

halffull
06-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Brown & Deschamps are competing in juniors at the Championnats québécois d'été. Bobak & Beharry are both still junior age eligible, so may skate in juniors as well. Suidy (age 24) and Evans (age 23) will have to compete in seniors. Sorry to hear about Kaleigh & Adam. :( They had a nice look on the ice.

Both Suidy and Evans can still compete junior if they choose to. Suidy was junior this past season. There is no age restriction nationally. In my mind both should compete Senior but hey, it's skating so you never know. lol

Ziggy
06-13-2011, 12:52 AM
it seems we can add Mysliveckova/Novak to the 'split' part :(...

Noooooooooooooooo! :(

I know that Matej has been a complete and utter headcase but they looked great together.

I hope she can find a good partner abroad and continue.

shutterbug
06-13-2011, 06:31 AM
Both Suidy and Evans can still compete junior if they choose to. Suidy was junior this past season. There is no age restriction nationally. In my mind both should compete Senior but hey, it's skating so you never know. lol

You’re right. I’d forgotten about that. Not sure how I could forget the WTF moment at nats in Saskatoon when Annie Barabé’s very obviously adult team got on the ice with the little ones. :lol: Both Evans and Cosford competed in seniors previously. I can’t imagine either would be interested in going back to the junior ranks, but as you said, one never knows……..

I’m surprised to hear that Mathew Penasse is still available. He’s a good size and has solid pair skills IIRC.