PDA

View Full Version : When an invitation says 'No Gifts' do you still bring one?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Dave of the North
06-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Am I the only one who hates receiving greeting cards of any kind?

I mean the designs are cute and can be really sweet and I do love it when your loved ones write something insightful or touching, but really, they just end up clutter for me to deal with. I hate throwing them away since they look nice and having something nice written in them, but I end up doing that anyway after time has passed.

You could do what a friend does - she stands by the garbage and she opens the card, reads it, and throws it in the garbage...

mag
06-11-2011, 09:11 PM
You could do what a friend does - she stands by the garbage and she opens the card, reads it, and throws it in the garbage...

You mean she doesn't recycle? :rollin:

Seriously, I don't really like cards either. I've started using the Jacquie Lawson site for sending cards to friends by email. I'm sure there are other sites, I just happen to like this one. We also don't do cards in my immediate family. Now I'm apparently not very consistent because I love sending out invitation by mail and thank you cards by mail. Not very environmentally conscious of me but I just love receiving a thick invitation in the mail. There is something so terribly old fashioned and lovely about it.

jlai
06-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Am I the only one who hates receiving greeting cards of any kind?

No. To celebrate bdays, Xmases and any event worth celebrating, I'd rather just meet up with people close to me and have a good time. That's it.