PDA

View Full Version : Next Food Network Star, Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

skatesindreams
07-04-2011, 07:40 PM
That preview of next week with Penny acting like a cat is :rofl: .

If she does that in front of the judges, maybe she'll be gone.
We can hope!

JAF
07-04-2011, 07:46 PM
So who was voted off?
I fell asleep - way too much picnic.

skatesindreams
07-04-2011, 07:56 PM
The dorky Justin, after a strange "meltdown".

Rex
07-04-2011, 08:44 PM
It says something about the quality of the contestants when you cannot defend the ones the judges eliminate. A couple of times in the past I could say that Susie and Bob and whatever celeb chef they had were wrong, but this batch is so wretched overall....I can't. Orchid may be the only one worth saving.

Catherine M
07-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Orchid is my favorite but I'm not sure she has what it takes to carry a show. As much as Vic bugged at the beginning, he has grown on me and I could actually see myself watching his show.

Just not alot to choose from this group.

Andrushka
07-04-2011, 08:49 PM
I want Penny to leave so badly.Her behaviour on this show would keep me from watching any show you might get on the Foodnetwork or anywhere else.

KHenry14
07-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Penny keeps dodging the bullet - why?

One reason only, she's good TV. We all know that there's no way in heck she'll win, I mean what network wants a host whose hated before her show even debuts? But keeping her around stirs up the pot, and they get great reactions from the others concerning her. They can justify keeping her around because she can cook, but at some point she's a goner.

mikey
07-04-2011, 11:40 PM
It is an interesting culinary perspective: Middle Eastern food makes one an ungly person.

Rex
07-04-2011, 11:50 PM
One reason only, she's good TV. We all know that there's no way in heck she'll win, I mean what network wants a host whose hated before her show even debuts? But keeping her around stirs up the pot, and they get great reactions from the others concerning her. They can justify keeping her around because she can cook, but at some point she's a goner.
The buildup must be in progress for her fall.

It is an interesting culinary perspective: Middle Eastern food makes one an ungly person.
Stop! :P. I love Middle Eastern food, though. She's the wrong person to represent it however.

Jenna
07-05-2011, 02:01 AM
It says something about the quality of the contestants when you cannot defend the ones the judges eliminate. A couple of times in the past I could say that Susie and Bob and whatever celeb chef they had were wrong, but this batch is so wretched overall....I can't. Orchid may be the only one worth saving.

I disagree with this, actually. Besides Penny, Jyll, and Chris, I think all of the remaining contestants have some degree of potential as a FN host.

Whitney, Mary Beth, Orchid, Susie, Jeff, and Vic are all very different, but I wouldn't have an issue with any one of them winning at this point.

Scintillation
07-05-2011, 02:22 AM
If they keep Penny around for much longer, I'm going to turn into one of those old crabby ladies that must make their opinions known to networks about their shows, and write to food network that if they give her a show they will be dead to me. DEAD. She is godawful. The only possible reason that they could have for keeping her around now is if one or all of the judges punches her in the face-repeatedly.
That being said, I do like Susie, Vic, Jeff, and Orchid. Susie's food sounds the most delicious but I like Orchid's and Jeff's warmth on screen. Vic was a little grating at first but he's been softening up recently.
Ugh, I hate that I'm such a food network junkie. I need rehab.

Rex
07-05-2011, 02:57 AM
Ugh, I hate that I'm such a food network junkie. I need rehab. Switch to The Cooking Channel. I enjoy their shows more and find them much more informative and entertaining. I like watching TNFNS and She Who Shall Not Be Named (http://dunnweddingplanning.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/sandra-lee.jpg), but I pretty much tune in to The Cooking Channel when I need a foodie fix.

Jenna
07-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Which channel is The Cooking Channel? I've never heard of it.

Allen
07-05-2011, 03:22 AM

On DirecTV, it's channel 232, the channel right after Food Network. It replaced Fine Living.

emason
07-05-2011, 03:22 AM

It's the sister channel to The Food Network and my cable station puts it in the lineup right after TFN. TCC features a lot of reruns of stuff originally on TFN, but there is also a lot of new content and the focus of the channel is different than TFN. TFN is all about food in general, not necessarily cooking, and TCC is all about cooking and not the froufrou stuff like Unwrapped.