PDA

View Full Version : Next Food Network Star, Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Allen
06-27-2011, 03:37 AM
Wow, Justin B. turned out to be a real pompous asshat. :rolleyes:

Glad he's gone. His food might have been passable, but he had absolutely zero personality on camera. Zero.

That surprised me. I didn't really have a feeling one way or the other about him. The way he reacted to being in the bottom caught me off guard. Whoever said he sounded like a server reciting the specials hit the nail on the head.

I still wish they had sent Penny home instead, but I realize that it was the first time she didn't do a good job.

Strangely enough, I'm really beginning to like Mary Beth a lot. I'm still hoping Orchid wins and we get a show about Southern food that is more modern than Paula Deen's show.

Jenna
06-27-2011, 03:50 AM
I don't like Penny either, believe me, but I agree with you in saying this was her first mistake so far. I actually would have sent Justin D. home. I don't think he has much of a personality on camera, and his food seems boring and uninspired. However, as soon as Justin B. starting mouthing off I wanted him to leave.

Mary Beth and Orchid are also two of my favorites. I also like Jyll. Whitney could be great if she would just let her personality shine through a bit more. I also enjoy Susie - I think FN could use a Spanish/Latin themed star. I also like your suggestion of a more modern Southern/Asian cuisine if Orchid wins. Jeff's POV regarding sandwiches is intriguing, too. He seems like a funny, warm guy and he successfully sold tofu to Paula Deen. Not an easy task! Lastly, I think Vic is coming on strong. In the beginning he was really struggling, but he is starting to get it together and I like what I see.

danceronice
06-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Missed the episode (again, I'll catch it on a rerun) but demonstrating why it was probably a wise choice...which one was Justin B?

My top two are Orchid and Vic--I don't really need/want to watch another ethnic-food show with a female host, but Orchid seems genuinely personable on camera and talented, while Vic's got a personality I could tolerate more and his food makes me wish I could try what the judges were eating. Penny's irritating and the 'villain' but at least she has an angle where I remember who she is (not in a good way, but at least I remember her.) All the rest of the women are a blur to me, while the guys either are mildly grating or as forgettable as the girls.

duane
06-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Missed the episode (again, I'll catch it on a rerun) but demonstrating why it was probably a wise choice...which one was Justin B?
The one with the holes in his ears.

duane
06-27-2011, 05:43 PM
His food might have been passable, but he had absolutely zero personality on camera. Zero.
I agree. It's all about the personality when you have your own show. The food is tasted by no one but the host and their guests (who, of course, will have nothing but praise for the food, no matter how it actually tastes). I think the judges SO wanted to keep Justine because he has that tall, dark, tattooed sexy bad-boy looks, but the personality was like a zombie.

Rex
06-27-2011, 06:25 PM
I found him to be one of the least photogenic of any of them. He looked like a serial killer.

skatesindreams
06-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Wow, Justin B. turned out to be a real pompous asshat. :rolleyes:

Glad he's gone. His food might have been passable, but he had absolutely zero personality on camera. Zero.

Agreed!

Penny was fortunate to have survived this week.
What do the judges see in her?
Would they keep her if they knew about all the backstage drama she creates.
It could make her very difficult to work with.
Producers, beware!

Tesla
06-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Agreed!

Penny was fortunate to have survived this week.
What do the judges see in her?
Would they keep her if they knew about all the backstage drama she creates.
It could make her very difficult to work with.
Producers, beware!

Oh, Penny isn't going to win. She's still around because she brings the drama. She'll get booted in a few weeks.

Reuven
06-27-2011, 10:00 PM
One would hope so. I wouldn’t want to watch any show Penny had.

Jenna
07-04-2011, 03:50 PM
So any thoughts on last night's elimination? I think it was the correct choice.

I'm sort of surprised to see Orchid struggling like this, she was definitely a frontrunner in the beginning. I hope she can recover, because I still love her! I'm also really taking a liking to Whitney and Mary Beth. I would watch Jeff and Vic, too.

skatesindreams
07-04-2011, 04:56 PM
How much longer will we have to be subjected to Penny's obnoxious behavior/personality?
She is really doing her best to make things as difficult as possible for everyone.

Good dishes don't matter if she makes a viewer go "UGH"!

Allen
07-04-2011, 06:05 PM
I was glad that even though Susie basically told them they needed to work their drama out, she did say that Penny would walk over top of people, so that was at least some acknowledgement of Penny's behavior. They have to know that based on the way she's acted during the series, no one would watch her show, even if a Middle Eastern concept is missing from their lineup.

Orchid was my early favorite, but I've moved over into the Mary Beth camp. For me, I'd like to see a show on the food network that focuses on either Southeast Asian food or Middle Eastern food (although not one hosted by Penny). I'm not sure Mary Beth would add anything new, but I like her the best of everyone left.

Aceon6
07-04-2011, 06:06 PM
I've decided to just fast forward when Penny's on the screen. What an ugly personality.

jeffisjeff
07-04-2011, 06:16 PM
I've decided to just fast forward when Penny's on the screen. What an ugly personality.

And an ugly person. Penny isn't bad looking, but her make-up and wardrobe choices are :yikes: . Her make-up, especially, makes her look very harsh.

That preview of next week with Penny acting like a cat is :rofl: .

Rex
07-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Penny keeps dodging the bullet - why?