PDA

View Full Version : Next Food Network Star, Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Rex
06-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Penny is like athlete's foot....she will NEVER go away.

Catherine M
06-20-2011, 02:10 PM

She did really well last night with her desert dish and seemed to enjoy sticking it to the ladies so I'm assuming that she'll be around for awhile since she can (1) cook and (2) she's one of the main characters. I actually didn't mind her as much as others last night. Some of the others like Chris and Mary Jane can go before her.

skatesindreams
06-20-2011, 02:42 PM
I think the team stuff is mostly to weed out folks who will disrupt the production staff. After all, production does 99% of what you see.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

FN is asserting that these people are more knowledgeable/expert in the kitchen than their average viewer; so, they have to have some way of assessing that.

In addition, they want to see how well they communicate and relate to others.
If they can't do it in a buffet/party situation, they won't do well if/when they represent FN.

Penny may cook well. However, she is still obnoxious.

emason
06-20-2011, 03:49 PM

Maybe she can infect Frat Boy and they both can be gone.

Allen
06-20-2011, 04:23 PM

Penny may cook well. However, she is still obnoxious.

I just don't believe anyone would actually watch her show.

Matryeshka
06-20-2011, 04:53 PM
I think the team stuff is mostly to weed out folks who will disrupt the production staff. After all, production does 99% of what you see.

I don't have a problem with a team challenge in theory. In addition to testing workability, it's easier for TV digestion when there's still a lot of contestants, so I understand why they do it. Most of the talent-based reality TV shows have team challenges in the beginning.

I have more of an issue with the type of team challenges, especially ones that are irrelevant to being a FN star.

danceronice
06-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Finally caught this episode. To be honest, I thought the "girls' team" kitchen was too quiet--you can't cook together if you're not communicating, kitchens are loud, the guys+Penny sounded much more "normal." And their food clearly trounced Team Duff's.

Alisha or however she spells it really was a wreck, but I might have kept her over one of the other two just because she's less bland to watch on TV. Orchid is personable, Penny actually came across much better lumped in with the guys, but the rest of the women are just really dull. If I want to be bored I can already watch Giada and mock her overenunciating. At risk of jinxing him, I'm finding myself lining up with Team Vic--he's just brash enough, and his food (when he gets it out) sounds good. I really wanted one of those cream puffs and I don't like cream puffs especially.

Rex
06-23-2011, 03:47 PM
I notice that former TNFNS contestants like Adam Gertler, Kelsey Nixon and Jeffrey Saad have their own shows on FN and The Cooking Channel. So I'm wondering if winning this competiton really needs to be a goal. None of them won but they seem to be doing well. Although Adam's and Jeffrey's shows are more of the traveling gourmet-types of shows where you don't get to see their cooking prowess. Too bad, 'cause I thought Jeffrey was a very good cook/chef and actually wanted him to win over Melissa D'Arabian.

skatesindreams
06-23-2011, 04:38 PM
I notice that former TNFNS contestants like Adam Gertler, Kelsey Nixon and Jeffrey Saad have their own shows on FN and The Cooking Channel. So I'm wondering if winning this competiton really needs to be a goal. None of them won but they seem to be doing well.

The contestants that show promise - even if they don't win - provide a "talent pool" for the FN channels, and program development.

Jeffrey seems a good fit for the "Cooking Channel", which seems a bit more "highbrow" than FN,

Carolla5501
06-27-2011, 12:42 AM
I would never watch a show Penny hosted. I probably wouldn't have before the whole "strategy" thing. I will give her that at least she owned it and didn't try to act like she wasn't throwing Orchid under the bus.

Heck you guys are beating me. She got on my last nerve last week. I am boycotting until the "witch" is gone! So Food Network I REALLY won't watch anything she's on, including this. "Holier then thou" combined with "witch" is not a winning combo.

Rex
06-27-2011, 03:05 AM
:EVILLE: Penny's mac and cheese went over like a lead balloon :EVILLE:. Crash and burn, girl.

Matryeshka
06-27-2011, 03:12 AM
:EVILLE: Though I did feel a little bit bad for her when everyone was talking about her where she could hear. OTOH, she brought it on herself. If I were in that house, I'd be talking about Gypsy too.

Rex
06-27-2011, 03:15 AM
:EVILLE: Though I did feel a little bit bad for her when everyone was talking about her where she could hear. OTOH, she brought it on herself. If I were in that house, I'd be talking about Gypsy too.

Yeah, she certainly did, and has had no problem talking about others' failings. What's good for the goose.

Fail, Penny, FAIL!! (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_INq4s_G_4NE/TD9eDH4udlI/AAAAAAAAADM/CDkIOj69vU8/s1600/crashandburn.jpg)

I don't watch Cougar Town, but what an attractive cast.

Allen
06-27-2011, 03:27 AM

It would suck to hear people talking about you like that, but I didn't feel sorry for her. She talked about Alicia like she wasn't even there in the first challenge, so I guess it really was just karma.

Jenna
06-27-2011, 03:32 AM
Wow, Justin B. turned out to be a real pompous asshat. :rolleyes:

Glad he's gone. His food might have been passable, but he had absolutely zero personality on camera. Zero.