PDA

View Full Version : Next Food Network Star, Season 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

skatesindreams
06-13-2011, 02:30 PM
I hope that Penny goes home, soon.
I wouldn't watch any show she made, because of her attitude.

Orchid is smart enough to realize her mistakes, and learn from them.
I'm betting that she won't let herself be "intimidated" again.

Skittl1321
06-13-2011, 03:18 PM
I am just so glad Penny is no longer going with the "sexy" theme.

But I still cannot stand watching her. I get that she is being the "villian" so Food Network wants to keep her around, but don't they understand they are casting a show? No way would I watch her host a show.

Rex
06-13-2011, 04:22 PM
When did they start sending two people home in the same episode?

jeffisjeff
06-13-2011, 04:56 PM
When did they start sending two people home in the same episode?

I am pretty sure Bobby said it was "the first time ever"!!! :lol:

Allen
06-13-2011, 05:01 PM

But I still cannot stand watching her. I get that she is being the "villian" so Food Network wants to keep her around, but don't they understand they are casting a show? No way would I watch her host a show.

I would never watch a show Penny hosted. I probably wouldn't have before the whole "strategy" thing. I will give her that at least she owned it and didn't try to act like she wasn't throwing Orchid under the bus.

ArtisticFan
06-14-2011, 04:03 AM
I would never watch a show Penny hosted. I probably wouldn't have before the whole "strategy" thing. I will give her that at least she owned it and didn't try to act like she wasn't throwing Orchid under the bus.

She did own it, but that only made her look more stupid especially when her tactics failed.

If you are going to play mind games, play them right or don't play them at all. Her "strategy" was leaving too much up to chance. For it to work, she had to cook better than everyone on her team and Orchid had to be worse than everyone on her team when some of them had been in the bottom already.

So basically she was coming off as someone hanging on to a sinking ship. Being mean spirited is one thing, but she was mean spirited and then told everyone else like she wanted them to congratulate her and think she was smart. That came off as weak and insecure in my book. I think she has an identity crisis. Sexy wasn't working so she tried the mean route. Hate to tell her but she can't pull that off either.

Unlike a show like Top Chef, she is competing for a chance at a television show. Shows require ratings and those aren't going to come for a person who comes across as she does.

danceronice
06-14-2011, 05:18 AM

What I don't understand is, with the exception of Wretchen, the "evil schemer' on judged reality shows gets kept around for teh drahma, but gets eliminated precisely because they know the viewers don't want to see them win. It seldom pays to be the evil schemer.

Rex
06-14-2011, 04:25 PM
I am pretty sure Bobby said it was "the first time ever"!!! :lol:

I think they all just knew how stank he was in front of the camera. Poor guy. Seemed like a good chef and a nice person. Nicer than Penny. But then, Satan is nicer than Penny....

Matryeshka
06-14-2011, 09:06 PM
I think it was way too early for her to be attempting that type of game anyway. She clearly did not have a good grasp on her competitor's cooking abilities--she seemed to be going solely on how much chefy-chef training they've had. If she'd paid attention to the comments given to the earlier round and the actual challenge round the last time, she'd have realized that as annoying as Alicia's voice is, she's a really good cook, and so is the travel/food writer.

Her problem I think is going to be that she's not nearly as good or as smart as she thinks she is.

Matryeshka
06-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Bumping for tonight! Frat brat's new attitude is much like his old one, and :lol: at Gypsy saying you can't trust anyone in the house :rofl: I wonder if she was looking in the mirror when she first made that observation.

I love the idea of chocolate for dinner. Or chocolate in general.

Catherine M
06-20-2011, 03:04 AM
I'm not feeling any of these people as a someone I would want to watch on a show. Maybe once the numbers thin out, it might get better but right now I do see a "star" out of this bunch.

Rex
06-20-2011, 03:23 AM
Crap!!! I was out to dinner and just about missed the entire show? What happened?

Catherine M
06-20-2011, 03:55 AM
The challenge was to make deserts as a team. The guys plus Penny won the team part and Alicia went home after making crappy cupcakes.

Matryeshka
06-20-2011, 04:16 AM
I think part of the problem is the lameness of the challenges. For all the crap they gave the cheftestants about not doing much in six hours, baking is a very different animal than cooking. You have to do the batter perfectly, you have to wait for it to bake, you have to share stuff in the dreaded team challenge, and on top of that, you have to make it for 150 people. NO food network personality has to do that. It's a ridiculous task.

The opening short challenge should have been the main challenge--I thought that one was pretty interesting, and most of the would-be stars came up with things I might eat.

Aceon6
06-20-2011, 01:07 PM
I think part of the problem is the lameness of the challenges. For all the crap they gave the cheftestants about not doing much in six hours, baking is a very different animal than cooking. You have to do the batter perfectly, you have to wait for it to bake, you have to share stuff in the dreaded team challenge, and on top of that, you have to make it for 150 people. NO food network personality has to do that. It's a ridiculous task.

The opening short challenge should have been the main challenge--I thought that one was pretty interesting, and most of the would-be stars came up with things I might eat.

I think the team stuff is mostly to weed out folks who will disrupt the production staff. After all, production does 99% of what you see.