PDA

View Full Version : Next Food Network Star, Season 7

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Veronika
06-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I haven't watched the whole episode yet (it's 2 hours!), but what did everyone think of Jyll? I went to high school with her, she was in my class--I mentioned this in the previous NFNS thread. She was one of the drama/chorus people in my school, so I expected her to be a natural on camera. And she looks exactly the same as she did in high school, so I hate her for that. :lol:

Rex
06-06-2011, 03:56 PM
I didn't mind Jyll. I do think she needs to thicken up her skin a bit.

Tesla
06-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Jyll needs to focus on her food first, then help others. Penny really grossed me out when she said you can wear stilettos in the kitchen with your kids. I don't want to think about bringing sexy back into the kitchen with kids in there too.

Rex
06-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Jyll needs to focus on her food first, then help others. Penny really grossed me out when she said you can wear stilettos in the kitchen with your kids. I don't want to think about bringing sexy back into the kitchen with kids in there too.

Some of the culinary POV is really bad this season.
Poor Juba; he seems talented but has the screen presence/personality of a stop sign.

Matryeshka
06-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Some of the culinary POVs are non-existent this season.

Tesla
06-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Some of the culinary POVs are non-existent this season.

Aren't they usually non-existent?:P

skatesindreams
06-06-2011, 07:08 PM
If the contestant has a POV/concept going in, it's usually altered by the network; or it's "cringeworthy", like Penny's.

Rex
06-06-2011, 07:26 PM
I can't wait to see what the Neelys will have to say next week.

Catherine M
06-06-2011, 07:44 PM
If the contestant has a POV/concept going in, it's usually altered by the network; or it's "cringeworthy", like Penny's.

Read on TWoP that Penny has an agent and she was trying to get on "The Apprentice". But then switched to this show, for whatever reason.

I guess she's trying to be the "wow, I really hate you so I'll never watch your show" contestant. Wonder how that will work out for her!?!?

Aceon6
06-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Read on TWoP that Penny has an agent and she was trying to get on "The Apprentice". But then switched to this show, for whatever reason.

I guess she's trying to be the "wow, I really hate you so I'll never watch your show" contestant. Wonder how that will work out for her!?!?

Guess her agent gave her some bad advice. After all, the audience for NFNS isn't exactly what you need to launch your 15 minutes of famewhoring.

Andrushka
06-07-2011, 06:43 PM
I was glad to see Howie go because he was lazy. Really not too crazy about Penny and Alisha or how ever her name is spelled...I was born in Missouri and I have never heard a Mo. accent like that. I like Juba and it kind of seemed like Alton took a liking to Juba's approach. Not sure who I like yet,but I do know who I don't like.

skatesindreams
06-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Alton's behavior durimg the "Promo Challenge" didn't bother me.
He was in production/direction before becoming an "on air" host/personality.
He was there to assess how well these people function under the demands/pressure of a situation where "time is money"; and time is limited.

If the prospective hosts don't realize that; or, that they will have to "present" their dishes, (Vic seemed surprised) they don't belong there.

emason
06-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Finally caught up with this today On Demand -

Frat Boy needs to go ASAP. Trying to get beer money by forcing someone else to give up a prime ingredient - wrong. Sharing said beer with 'the boys'. Double wrong.

Alton looks awful. What's happened to him?

Vic Vegas - I think he's a ringer. I've seen him somewhere before and it wasn't walking down the street in my neighborhood. I think he's been on FN before - some episode of Chopped or one of the Challenges. It's bugging me where I've seen him, but I know it's been on TV.

Oh yes, go Orchid.

danceronice
06-09-2011, 03:00 PM
I was glad to see Howie go because he was lazy. Really not too crazy about Penny and Alisha or how ever her name is spelled...I was born in Missouri and I have never heard a Mo. accent like that. I like Juba and it kind of seemed like Alton took a liking to Juba's approach. Not sure who I like yet,but I do know who I don't like.

I almost was wondering if Alesha or whatever was deaf as she has that odd way of speaking as if she can't hear her own intonation. But if her food was that good, as Alton said, "If she cooks like this she can cry all she wants!" I don't think her emotional state was helped by having the bitch on wheels (I mean, stilettos) constantly harping on her OUT LOUD. Whoever said upthread that Penny belongs on "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" is right, except I wouldn't wish her on the Travelers as they're just bit tacky. She's tacky AND kind of pathetic, too.

I like Juba, but the boy is a hot mess on camera, though not when he's doing the interview bits for the show, just when he's doing challenges.

The right one went--Vic had time-management problems and a massive disaster that wasn't entirely his fault (Jyll should have been watching where she was going, too) but Howie couldn't cook, couldn't manage his time without help, kept screwing up their takes, and then tried to blame everyone but himself, which I think is what Bobby was trying to catch people out on with his "Do you take responsibility" questions (Jyll nailed it--the answer to that is always 'yes'.)

Rex
06-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Alton looks awful. What's happened to him?
I know he went on a diet, but he's way too skinny now. I hope he is not sick.

I like Juba, but the boy is a hot mess on camera, though not when he's doing the interview bits for the show, just when he's doing challenges.I think Juba will be eliminated next. He should be - as annoying as the others are, he is the least camera-ready of any of them.